We are 157,782 members in 80 forums discussing 124,844 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) → Topic: pea sized lump around scar tissue

Topic: pea sized lump around scar tissue

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Apr 12, 2011 02:23PM

Lynette wrote:

Hello, I haven't posted in ages as all thankfully is going well. Had a scare with tamoxifen and spotting and investigations for  endometrial cancer but everything turned out benign. The problem now is that I've noticed around dried pea sized lump next to my lumpectomy scar. I had the lumpectomy back in August 2008. I am due to have a mammogram next Monday and am starting to panic. Is it possible for a IDC lump to recur alongside a scar and in the previous place as before?

Thank you in advance. 

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Apr 12, 2011 02:33PM mindovermatter wrote:

Hi Lynette, I was applying some scar vanishing cream and also noticed the same thing right above my lumpectomy scar.  I had my lumpectomy about five months ago, so I was thinking that it was just part of the scar tissue.  Hopefully, it's nothing, but having breast cancer keeps us alert to the possibility of recurrence.  Did you have any follow-up treatment?

I'm inging right along (Surviving, Smiling, Thriving) Dx 10/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 12, 2011 03:10PM Makratz wrote:

I hope it's scar tissue too.  They will let you know at your Mammo.  I'm sure it is!

Linda...♥♥♥ Never, never, never give up ~ Winston Churchill

Apr 12, 2011 05:06PM mindovermatter wrote:

Thanks Makraz, me too!

I'm inging right along (Surviving, Smiling, Thriving) Dx 10/2010, IDC, 4cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/17 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-