We are 156,749 members in 80 forums discussing 124,081 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) → Topic: colitis and chemo

Topic: colitis and chemo

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Jan 23, 2012 04:09AM

BelaT wrote:

I had my first chemo 10 days ago and developed sever diarhea and was in hospital for 12 days. Has any one have this happen and should I continue and change meds?

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jan 23, 2012 11:30AM belleeast wrote:

bump

Dx 8/5/2011, IDC, 2cm, Stage II, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Surgery 08/17/2011 Lumpectomy in one or both breasts: Lumpectomy in my right breast Radiation Therapy 02/06/2012 Chemotherapy 09/19/2011 Adriamycin (chemical name: doxorubicin), Cytoxan (chemical name: cyclophosphamide), Taxol (chemical name: paclitaxel), Taxotere (chemical name: docetaxel)

Feb 4, 2012 08:08AM 7of9 wrote:

What Chemo drugs are you on? I have had UC for 19 yrs and my docs think my first round of Adryomycin (sp?) and Cytoxin along with the antinausea meds Zofran (plugged me up bad during pregnancy) and some other steriod I take for the 4 days after should "help" my colitis. Talk to your doc or get a GI involved. Remember the first drug they give you is usually the strongest and best to fight the cancer though they have others to use as well. I just had my first hit yesterday and so far nothing....but if my colitis is going to go off, it usually takes 1 - 3 days so I'm not in the clear yet. Also best to look up Ulcerative Colitis and get the list of bland foods (rice, chicken, applesauce, crackers, low dairy, Get on Acidopholis, no citrus exp tomatoes,, cut back on veggies, harsh stufff etc.) Good luck and let me know how it goes. What did they give you for the Colitis Flare? Prednisone? Asacol suppositories are awesome...get over how you have to administrative. If the medicine works, deal with it, heal and trudge on sister!

If you're going to be a bear, be a grizzley! Dx 1/24/2012, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIb, Grade 2, 0/2 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 6, 2012 05:28AM BelaT wrote:

i had ac last thursday , did ok. just very uneasy feeling in the body. taking lalda for colitis, prednisone and ya soft foods

Dx 12/15/2011, DCIS, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/5 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-