Topic: definition, please

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Sep 27, 2007 07:19PM - edited Sep 27, 2007 07:19PM by amsky

Posted on: Sep 27, 2007 07:19PM - edited Sep 27, 2007 07:19PM by amsky

amsky wrote:

I was diagnosed with Invasive Ductal Cancer in2005.  My nodes were negative, but lymphatic and veneous invasion was present.  Is that what they mean by invasive?

Dx 7/16/2005, IDC, <1cm, Stage I, Grade 1, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Oct 10, 2007 12:38PM davisfamily70 wrote:

Hi everyone,

I was faced with this decision too, I had a bilat mast nodes were clear, Invasive breast cancer in both breasts with the tumors 1 cm and 2 cm. ER/PR +.  It put me in the chemo gray area.  I did not know what to do, but I did the chemo, I was scared but I got through it and it really wasn't so bad for me.  The oncologist told me my odds and walked out of the room letting me make my decision, I was so confused then the nurse told me that there really wasn't any good odds, just this one chance to be cured. If the odds are 1 in 100 it doesn't amount to crap if you are the one. 

Chemo is the one chance to be cured.  Keep it in mind.

Oct 17, 2007 04:32PM garnetann wrote:

Mine was 1.9 cm node negative, but with lymphatic invastion.  My onc strongly recommended chemo because of the size of the tumor, but the second round of taxol was up to me because my nodes were negative. He said normally taxol is for node positive, but even though I was node negative, because of the lymphatic invastion. But he left the decision up to me. I asked him what would he do if I was his wife or daughter.  That helped me make the decision because he said he would treat his wife or daughter very aggressively as well. So I am finishing up the last of 4 taxols tommorow and start radiation in november. My radiation guy said he was confident that after I finish radiation, I will be cured.  He said if I get it again, it will be a brand new cancer, not a recurrance of this one.  Hearing that was enough for me to be glad I opted for the aggressive treatments

"MAN'S FLIGHT THROUGH LIFE IS SUSTAINED BY THE POWER OF HIS KNOWLEDGE." Dx 6/1/2007, DCIS/IDC, Right, 1cm, Stage 0, Grade 2, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Oct 24, 2007 04:40AM ozzie2 wrote:

Hi girls  just found this ...I had invasion with 4/4 nodes pos and vascular invasion...I did4 cycles of EC and  3 of CMF  well this was 11yrs ago...had Mastectomy and did 25 normal rads and 10 booster and guess what the beast reared its ugly head last yr was offical DX Dec 06 but it was  there in the July when the  CT scan I had done wasnt  read correctly and they missed the mets to the R8 rib..It came back in my reconstructed breast made from tissue from my other breast ,came back in the recon breast as skin mets,the other breast is ok , so there u have it in a nut shell...damed if u do and damed if u dont...

I am ER and PR + and HER2-

so on reading this thread I really dont think it matters what you decide to do..chemo remember can cause other cancers, and heck I am not trying to frigthen any of you girls off..I just think its better to know the truth..you are fighting cancer with drugs that cause cancer..but in saying this I did get 10yrs that I might not have had .if I didnt have such intensive treatment..

hugs and I wish u all well with what ever you  decide to do...remember its your body ...

hugs

oz

DCIS and IDC 96. ER/PR + HER2- bone skin mets06 ,Lung mets May08

Page 2 of 2 (13 results)

Scroll to top button