We are 187,485 members in 81 forums discussing 140,963 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

All TopicsForum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) → Topic: Stage 1b grade 2, IDC,ER+ PR+ HER2-. PLEASE HELP MY MOM

Topic: Stage 1b grade 2, IDC,ER+ PR+ HER2-. PLEASE HELP MY MOM

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: May 19, 2017 01:34PM

jgio2960 wrote:

Hi all,

I am writing because , my mom was recently diagnosed IDC grade 2 stage 1b, ER+PR+ HER2-. BRCA1&2 negative. She recently underwent a double mastectomy rather than lumpectomy solely for peace of mind. Doctor originally said he did not think it had spread to lymph nodes. He removed two lymphs. One was positive for micromet, the other was negative. The rest of her breasts were biopsied and nothing was found. Her tumor was 1.7cm.

We are going for an apt at sloan with Dr. Jose Baselga this Tuesday. Please pray we get some answers.

Just wondering, has anyone else gone through something like this ? Im struggling and want to do all that is in my power for my mom. She is my whole world and she needs to live. Please help

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)

Posts 1 - 12 (12 total)

May 19, 2017 03:08PM Moderators wrote:

Dear jgio2960,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry to hear of your mom's diagnosis and glad that you reached out here. Here is a link to more information on our main site about Understanding a Breast Cancer Diagnosis.Perhaps this will give you more information and help shape some questions for the doctor. You also may want to check out our forums for Caregivers to get support from others who are supporting a loved one with cancer and get ideas for how to both cope yourself and be a support to your mom. We are sending your mom healing thoughts. Keep us posted.

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

May 19, 2017 03:19PM Hopfull2 wrote:

hi jgio, I'm so sorry you have to go through this with your mom. I too went through this with my mom but unfortunately my mom was a later stage. But I was diagnosed with stage 1a. I'm sure the Drs have told you they caught it early. Make sure the breast surgeon sent in for the oncotype test. That will give the oncologist his answer if she will need chemo or not. It's a test done for early stage BC. To see if she will benefit from chemo or not. You guys will get through this. She seems to have great support by you and that's what's most important is the support.

Hug

E🌺37yrs.old/ oncotype score 39 Dx 7/5/2016, DCIS/IDC, Right, <1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 8/8/2016 Mastectomy: Right Surgery 9/15/2016 Mastectomy Chemotherapy 11/10/2016 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Hormonal Therapy 3/23/2017 Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone)

May 19, 2017 04:02PM jgio2960 wrote:

Hi Hopefull2,

Thank you for your support. It means the world in such a dark point in our lives. Truthfully, we were trilled when originally told us they thought her nodes were negative. It gave us hope. They removed two lymphs accidently because they were attached. One presented positive for micromet other was completely negative.

The lymph involvement news was the worst part about this whole process and has me second guessing everything now.

Hope you are ok. sending many well wished to you. <3

May 19, 2017 04:04PM jgio2960 wrote:

Thank you for the support <3 sending many well wishes out to all who need

May 19, 2017 04:55PM letsgogolf wrote:

jgio2960 Your mom's situation sounds very similar to mine. I was stage 1, grade 1 and also had a micromet in 1 node of 8. My Oncotype score was extremely low at 3 and so I did not need chemo. I will be on Arimidex for at least 5 years. I suspect she will receive this also. Some believe that node radiation is a good idea in her situation. I have read studies in favor of and against node radiation so you may want to check into this. Best wishes! Do you know her Est., Prog., and Ki67 levels?

Oncotype DX = 3. IDC with Lobular Features. Sentinel Node had Micrometastases - Estrogen 100%, Progesterone 99.89%, Ki67= 3.3% Dx 2/14/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/27/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/6/2017 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 19, 2017 05:06PM jgio2960 wrote:

hi letsgogolf!

Yes my mom is grade 2, er+ 90%, pr+ 30%, ki-67 10%.

How are you doing now ?

May 21, 2017 08:09AM letsgogolf wrote:

Sounds as though your mom has a great prognosis. I am doing well. About to finish up last 4 radiation boosts this Thursday and then I will start Arimidex for at least 5 years, hopefully longer. Hang in there! This is all very stressful I know. Keep the faith!

Oncotype DX = 3. IDC with Lobular Features. Sentinel Node had Micrometastases - Estrogen 100%, Progesterone 99.89%, Ki67= 3.3% Dx 2/14/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 2/27/2017 Lumpectomy: Left Radiation Therapy 4/6/2017 Whole-breast: Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 6/1/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole)

May 21, 2017 11:58AM jgio2960 wrote:

happy to hear you are doing well. Thank you for the support. Please keep me updated with how you are doing. I am keeping you in my prayers

May 22, 2017 07:09PM WenchLori wrote:

Hi jgio, how are you and your mom holding up? Any news on when your mom will start treatments etc? Has she also joined the BCO Community as well?

As for the oncotype test I didn't have one done and I still had chemo and radiation. My MO and RO said that I had positive lymph nodes and I also had Papillary Characteristics which is very rare, so it was highly recommended that I have the chemo and radiation. I'm praying your mom won't have to do either with catching her BC so early 🤞🤞🤞

Sending up extra special prayers for your mom and you. Gentle healing hugs also.

If I stop laughing, I'll start crying! Lori Dx 3/18/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/4/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/19/2017 External: Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 5/22/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy AC

May 22, 2017 07:24PM jgio2960 wrote:

Hi Lori,

Thank you so much for your kind thoughts and prayers. It means more than you know. As for her treatment plan we do not know yet. She has an appt with Dr Baselga at Sloan tomorrow.

She hasn't joined yet :( I keep asking her too but she is handling this very hard and still in pain from her mastectomy. Truth be told mom isn't the most tech savvy person either lol hoping to have her get connected soon.

How are you doing with treatment /feeling ? Sending up some special prayers for you as well

21 hours ago WenchLori wrote:

How are you and mom doing? I pray they get her schulded for her treatments soon. The wait is the worst part of all this BC crap.

I had a follow up appointment with my MO yesterday. I started on Arimidex last night so I'm keeping my fingers crossed no serious SEs from it. My MO set up a consultation appointment for me to have my port removed. It's been my closest friend for the past 10 months but I'm glad to have it out. MO feels my prognosis is very optimistic, but I'm going to keep all things BC in perspective.

Blessings to you and your mom, you are in my prayers always.

If I stop laughing, I'll start crying! Lori Dx 3/18/2016, IDC: Papillary, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 2/13 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/5/2016 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Reconstruction (left): Tissue expander placement; Reconstruction (right): Tissue expander placement Chemotherapy 8/4/2016 Taxol (paclitaxel) Radiation Therapy 2/19/2017 External: Chest wall Hormonal Therapy 5/22/2017 Arimidex (anastrozole) Chemotherapy AC

21 hours ago jgio2960 wrote:

so so happy to hear you are doing well. Please keep me updated if you discover any side effects with meds.

Mom is doing better, she went to Sloan yesterday and they are very optimistic with her prognosis. We are still waiting for her oncotype to come back so no play of treatment yet :/ hopefully we know within the next week or so.

Sending lots of prayers hugs and support over to you. BC sucks but strong support is at least something positive out of a crappy situation.

Page 1 of 1 (12 results)