Topic: IDC - recently diagnosed - treatment

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Nov 14, 2021 07:23PM

Posted on: Nov 14, 2021 07:23PM

Kkmoore wrote:

I have recently been diagnosed with grade 1 IDC in my right breast, estrogen/progesterone receptor positive. I don’t want radiation, I want a double mastectomy. What treatment have you chosen and why?

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Nov 27, 2021 10:01AM serendipity09 wrote:

Kk- I'm sorry you find yourself here. I went into a BMX thinking the same thing, no radiation (that went may only reason, but it was the biggest one.) The pathology from my surgery came back as the beast having spread to my lymph nodes and radiation was back on the table. My RO and a second opinion felt it was not necessary, so I went with that. I could have done radiation, but I heard the words "not necessary" and went with that. In July I had my exchange surgery and was diagnosed with a recurrence (something that was already present not 5 months after surgery.) Radiation was my only option. I wish I had done it last year. I'm grateful to say that I'm a month and half out from my last rads session. Don't count it out just yet.

I hope everything goes well for you.

Chmoore - I'm sorry you find yourself here as well. I saw you started another post and hope you get the answers you are looking for. Best wishes to you.

"You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore, before you decide to be happy" - Nightbirde Dx IDC, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button