Topic: MRI for Right breast cancer showed mass in Left breast

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Dec 6, 2021 05:41PM

Posted on: Dec 6, 2021 05:41PM

hippmark wrote:

It's hard to believe that I am typing this. I have a 1.8 CM diagnosed breast cancer in right breast. Surgeon requested I get an MRI before surgery and I had that on Friday. Today, I got the following report:

LEFT BREAST:
There is an enhancing 0.4 x 0.4 x 0.4 cm focus/mass in the central left breast (46/series #8, 80/series #14), which appears somewhat unique to patient's background parenchymal enhancement.

There are scattered enhancing foci.

They found a small mass (looks like 4mm) in the LEFT breast. Marked as Category 4.

I am completely without words. I read that only 2% of breast cancers can be in both breasts at the same time. I had surgery scheduled for Dec. 23rd. Now my surgeon wants an MRI Biopsy of the left breast. Can't even get an MRI biopsy for 3 weeks due to insurance.

Most everything starts over again. Biopsy, waiting for results, another surgical appointment. It might still be benign, but no way of knowing. Maybe the Category 4 because my other was. I don't know.

I am so tired already. I've already been poked and prodded for 6 weeks now. I thought I was making progress.

Scared before. Terrified now.

DX 10/29/21, DCIS/IDC, R 1.8 CM, Grade 2, ER+, PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/23/21 Lumpectomy DX 1/10/22 DCIS/IDC Grade 2, 2.2 cm, Stage 2B ,1/1 node Chemo: Taxotere/Cytoxen x4

Page 3 of 3 (21 results)

Jan 7, 2022 08:49AM hippmark wrote:

Hi JBWard46, I completely understand your feelings. I also felt like I went through the proverbial wringer prior to my surgery on 12/23. So many tests and biopsies and waiting. My second MRI biopsy of the other breast did turn out to be a benign fiborcystic change. So there is hope that yours might be too. I certainly hope so. You are very lucky to have a good Doctor as well as a lot of support! That is so important. The MRI guided biopsy is a little different than what you probably had with your first. But since you have already been through one MRI, you know what to expect. Mine was not painful and was done fairly quickly. Wishing you all the best and let us know how it turns out. You have support on this board!

DX 10/29/21, DCIS/IDC, R 1.8 CM, Grade 2, ER+, PR-, HER2- Surgery 12/23/21 Lumpectomy DX 1/10/22 DCIS/IDC Grade 2, 2.2 cm, Stage 2B ,1/1 node Chemo: Taxotere/Cytoxen x4

Page 3 of 3 (21 results)

Scroll to top button