Topic: New Lump Soon After Mastectomy

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Jan 18, 2022 12:31PM - edited Jan 30, 2022 10:05AM by

Posted on: Jan 18, 2022 12:31PM - edited Jan 30, 2022 10:05AM by

Deleted Member wrote:

Hi Everyone,

Received very upsetting news that a new lump on my mastectomy site is indeed cancer. My mastectomy was November 24 (3.8 cm, grade 3, one positive lymph node, invasive dictation carcinoma). The new lump is cancer, possibly in the chest muscle. I’m wondering if anyone who has had a mastectomy before and local recurrence in chest/chest wall could comment on their experience and what they did for treatment. I’m panicking and my MO/ surgeon can’t see me until tomorrow. I would like to have an idea of possible options for treatment

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Jan 18, 2022 01:51PM serendipity09 wrote:

Worried - I'm sorry to hear about your recurrence. It happened to me. A "blemish" appeared about 4 months after my BMX. In my situation it was ignored and ruled as a blemish. When they did my exchange surgery 6 months later it was discovered to be a local recurrence on the chest wall.I had to do radiation and I'm now on Xeloda.

Did you have radiation?

"You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore, before you decide to be happy" - Nightbirde Dx IDC, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (1 results)

Scroll to top button