Topic: Hormone therapy or not if bad side effects

Forum: IDC (Invasive Ductal Carcinoma) — Just diagnosed, in treatment, or finished treatment for IDC.

Posted on: Feb 17, 2022 05:03PM

Posted on: Feb 17, 2022 05:03PM

luvmy4sons wrote:

5 months now on Letrozole…post 20 radiation treatments after removal of 1 cm invasive ductal carcinoma, oncotype 17 and no nodes positive but high grade all markers. The severe hot flashes are back and with adrenaline rushes that keep me from falling quickly back to sleep. Been awake every 1-2 hrs for years now with hot flashes but finally had been able to fall back to sleep as the severity improved…now bad again. Drenching sweats, adrenaline surges, insomnia. Cholesterol shot up.

Statistics scare ya. Debating quality of life and the fear of it returning or worse yet distal recurrence. Anyone opt to stop hormonal therapy and are many years out?

Radiation Therapy 8/30/2021 Whole breast: Left breast Dx IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 4 of 4 (31 results)

Apr 28, 2022 01:53AM oldladyblue wrote:

Hi all, thank you so much for your posts, I've used some already. I just started Anastrozole a bit over a month ago. Noticed side effects right away. My doctor asked me to hang in there as prescribed till my appt with her in June. However, I found an article about taking it every other day and in the AMs instead of PMs and now my hot flashes are gone and aches are much better. I am not happy with the way I feel overall though, I seem to have a mental fog always and the insomnia is still bad. I am toying with the idea of stopping, as benefit takes an 11% risk of recurrence down to 6%, which isn't too much difference in my opinion. My doctor is not very good at explaining things to me, and I haven't told her I've halved the dose.

Surgery 7/1/2021 Lumpectomy (Left); Lymph node removal (Left): Sentinel Chemotherapy 10/8/2021 Other Radiation Therapy 1/4/2022 Whole breast: Left breast, Lymph nodes Hormonal Therapy 3/10/2022 Arimidex (anastrozole) Dx IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 2, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 4 of 4 (31 results)

Scroll to top button