Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

22 Year DCIS Survivor-Just diagnosed with IDC

Options
Bluegirl27
Bluegirl27 Member Posts: 28

Well, here I go for round 2 after being a DCIS survivor for 22 years. Found out I have Invasive Ductal Carcinoma Grade 2, ER 3+, Pr 3+, HER 2 neg, Ki67 is 20%, P63 negative, Ecad positive in the same breast I had DCIS. My mom was dxd at 72 with Stage 4 and passed a year and a half later.

Already got a call from surgeon and go next week

Comments

• katg
    katg Member Posts: 206
    edited May 2022
    Options

bluegirl27- I am so sorry your cancer has returned. Also, sad about your Mom. That really must have been tough. Thank God you have an appointment with the surgeon. I hope you also have an MO. A team there will help you and I hope we can be there for you too. Treatments have vastly improved. I truly wish you the best. Be good to you.

• WC3
    WC3 Member Posts: 658
    edited May 2022
    Options

bluegirl27:

I'm so sorry you are going through this. It must feel very jarring to develop IDC after so long. Please know that we are here for you and that things usually get easier once treatment is started.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited May 2022
    Options

Bluegirl sorry to hear you got another seat on the bus. I am also sorry to hear about the loss of your mother, I know that makes this doubly hard. I appreciate you coming on here and sharing your story because I think we all need to understand that we need to continue watching ourselves as our risk will always be there. Hope surgery and recovery goes well.

• Bluegirl27
    Bluegirl27 Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2022
    Options

Thank you all. I think I must just be in survival mode as I'm handling it fairly well for now. I knew it looked bad on ultrasound so I wasn't surprised. But, just so curious about next steps and if I will need chemo or not. Please share anything you think I need to know.