Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Hair regrowth timeline

Options

For those wondering how long it takes forthe hair to return.. . Here is a time line for my hair regrowth. I am now over a year PFC post final chemo. So I have lots of pics. image

Comments

• octogirl
    octogirl Member Posts: 2,434
    edited January 2018
    Options

Despite: my hair took forever....or so it seemed, but it finally happened. You definitely had more at four weeks than I did! How is it now?

• DespiteEverything_ITrustThee
    DespiteEverything_ITrustThee Member Posts: 16
    edited January 2018
    Options

yes, octogirl. It did seem to take forever at first so I can relate! Then I started using these hair pills that seemed to shoot my hair out more quickly. Here is my hair at 46 weeks after chemo!

edited January 2018
    Options

edited January 2018
    Options

• FaithWalker22
    FaithWalker22 Member Posts: 26
    edited February 2018
    Options

Thanks for sharing your journey! I’ll be starting chemo next week and I’m hoping for great health and hairresults. I’ll receive four rounds of TC.

edited April 2018
    Options

You'e more than welcome! I'll be hoping for the same with you!

• Gigicommon
    Gigicommon Member Posts: 58
    edited April 2018
    Options

Thanks for the pics. I have my last Taxol next Wenesday and am experiencing a bit of hair growth. Your pictures are inspiring.

• Jwb44
    Jwb44 Member Posts: 3
    edited August 2018
    Options

what pills for you take i have been done with for over a year and I took prenatal vitamins but I do not very much hair when I always had a full year full

• 66yearsyoung
    66yearsyoung Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019
    Options

Hi. Can anyone answer this question? Is it better to have my head completely shaved after my last chemo infusion and have my scalp start the process of regrowth with a shaven head?

I just had my last chemo yesterday (12 weeks of Taxol) and most of my hair is gone but not all of it. Should I just get rid of what didn't fall out? Will my new hair come in better that way?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,945
    edited November 2019
    Options

Dear 66yearsyoung,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry about your diagnosis and treatment and at the same time so glad that you took the time to join the community and reach out to our members. We hope that you find support and helpful information here on the discussion boards. This particular topic has not seen recent activity and we generally suggest to new members that they post in topics where there is a lot of current activity as your post is more likely to be seen in a timely way. You could start a new topic in the Black Women with Breast Cancer Forum as sometimes that can create more viewership. You can also do a search using the blue tool bar of other posts with the words "hair regrowth in them" Be sure to use the quotes. There is another similar topic in the Chemotherapy Forum that relates to a Hair Regrowth timeline after chemotherapy. You might find some helpful information and post your question there. Do stay connected and active here and let us know how we can be of help.

The Mods

• Euphoriaa
    Euphoriaa Member Posts: 152
    edited November 2019
    Options

I guess it all depends on the amount of hair you still have left ... I think if you still have some hair and it is strong, you can hide the gaps with some extensions. But if it is too little hair, you should at least cut it to hide the new growth.

I think it's just an aesthetic issue, the hair doesn't grow stronger by shaving it