We are 224,869 members in 82 forums discussing 157,980 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Hair regrowth timeline

Forum: Black Women with Breast Cancer —

Black Women with Breast Cancer who want to connect.

Posted on: Jan 19, 2018 05:46AM

DespiteEverything_ITrustThee wrote:

For those wondering how long it takes forthe hair to return.. . Here is a time line for my hair regrowth. I am now over a year PFC post final chemo. So I have lots of pics.

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)

Posts 1 - 11 (11 total)

Jan 19, 2018 07:23AM octogirl wrote:

Despite: my hair took forever....or so it seemed, but it finally happened. You definitely had more at four weeks than I did! How is it now?

Dx 6/18/2015, IDC, Right, 2cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 0/1 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- Surgery 7/16/2015 Lumpectomy: Right; Lymph node removal: Sentinel Chemotherapy 9/8/2015 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel) Radiation Therapy 12/15/2015 Hormonal Therapy 1/14/2016 Arimidex (anastrozole) Hormonal Therapy 4/7/2016 Femara (letrozole)

Jan 19, 2018 10:11PM DespiteEverything_ITrustThee wrote:

yes, octogirl. It did seem to take forever at first so I can relate! Then I started using these hair pills that seemed to shoot my hair out more quickly. Here is my hair at 46 weeks after chemo!

Jan 19, 2018 10:16PM DespiteEverything_ITrustThee wrote:

Jan 22, 2018 04:16PM DespiteEverything_ITrustThee wrote:

Feb 17, 2018 04:54PM FaithWalker22 wrote:

Thanks for sharing your journey! I’ll be starting chemo next week and I’m hoping for great health and hairresults. I’ll receive four rounds of TC.

Dx 9/29/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 3, 0/4 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (FISH) Surgery 12/8/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right; Prophylactic ovary removal; Reconstruction (left): DIEP flap; Reconstruction (right): DIEP flap Chemotherapy 2/23/2018 Cytoxan (cyclophosphamide), Taxotere (docetaxel)

Apr 5, 2018 03:10PM DespiteEverything_ITrustThee wrote:

You'e more than welcome! I'll be hoping for the same with you!

Apr 5, 2018 04:14PM Gigicommon wrote:

Thanks for the pics. I have my last Taxol next Wenesday and am experiencing a bit of hair growth. Your pictures are inspiring.

Dx 9/20/2017, IDC, Left, 1cm, Stage IIA, Grade 2, 1/7 nodes, ER+/PR-, HER2+ Surgery 10/26/2017 Mastectomy: Left; Prophylactic mastectomy: Right Chemotherapy 1/3/2018 AC + T (Taxol) Hormonal Therapy 6/28/2018 Arimidex (anastrozole) Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Aug 15, 2018 05:17AM Jwb44 wrote:

what pills for you take i have been done with for over a year and I took prenatal vitamins but I do not very much hair when I always had a full year full

Nov 23, 2019 10:05AM 66yearsyoung wrote:

Hi. Can anyone answer this question? Is it better to have my head completely shaved after my last chemo infusion and have my scalp start the process of regrowth with a shaven head?

I just had my last chemo yesterday (12 weeks of Taxol) and most of my hair is gone but not all of it. Should I just get rid of what didn't fall out? Will my new hair come in better that way?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Nov 23, 2019 01:09PM Moderators wrote:

Dear 66yearsyoung,

Welcome to the BCO community. We are sorry about your diagnosis and treatment and at the same time so glad that you took the time to join the community and reach out to our members. We hope that you find support and helpful information here on the discussion boards. This particular topic has not seen recent activity and we generally suggest to new members that they post in topics where there is a lot of current activity as your post is more likely to be seen in a timely way. You could start a new topic in the Black Women with Breast Cancer Forum as sometimes that can create more viewership. You can also do a search using the blue tool bar of other posts with the words "hair regrowth in them" Be sure to use the quotes. There is another similar topic in the Chemotherapy Forum that relates to a Hair Regrowth timeline after chemotherapy. You might find some helpful information and post your question there. Do stay connected and active here and let us know how we can be of help.

The Mods

To send a Private Message to the Mods: community.breastcancer.org/mem...

Nov 23, 2019 04:44PM - edited Nov 23, 2019 04:44PM by Euphoriaa

This Post was deleted by Euphoriaa.
Dx 9/24/2018, IDC, Left, 3cm, Stage IIA, Grade 1, 1/8 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2- (IHC) Hormonal Therapy Tamoxifen pills (Nolvadex, Apo-Tamox, Tamofen, Tamone) Radiation Therapy Whole-breast: Breast, Lymph nodes, Chest wall Chemotherapy AC + T (Taxol)

Page 1 of 1 (11 results)