Topic: MOJO Without Matrimony!

Forum: Singles With Breast Cancer — Singles with breast cancer who want to connect.

Posted on: Jan 22, 2008 09:57AM

Posted on: Jan 22, 2008 09:57AM

FitChik wrote:

Alright, chicas, how about we start our own thread for we single survivors in order to specifically discuss and share about our experiences and challenges with the physical aspects of intimacy and sex. We certainly have issues that are unique and different from those in married relationships, though we also share issues such as body image, loss of libido during and after treatment, vaginal dryness and atrophy, etc. Our own situations make concerns for issues such as safe sex, maintaining and enhancing attractiveness and feeling sexy, solo sex, and that ever-looming question "When to tell?" so very unique and important. So let's do it, post what we're thinking and wondering about and discovering regarding our sexual selves as survivors!

Starting off with something fun is always ideal, right? Here's just the ticket - an online store with a lovely collection of men's stuff. Check out the Rooster, Bull and Dragon pouches:

http://eagleroselingerie.com/men-your-stuff-is-here-c6.html

Whaddaya think, y'all? Cool

~Marin

"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." ~Nora Ephron

Page 67 of 67 (664 results)

Apr 14, 2010 03:12PM sweatyspice wrote:

All I know is standard of care for my presentation was mastectomy, but I did have a small bit of wiggle room (after I spoke to a ton of BSs).  I.  Just.  Couldn't.  Do.  It.  

I've said from the beginning that any woman who chooses mastectomy is much braver than I am.  Maybe even all the women who don't really have a choice, too.

Bitch slap her with my blessing. 

Dx 8/2009, DCIS, Stage 0, Grade 3, ER+/PR+

Apr 17, 2010 05:55PM petitcocquin wrote:

This thread is great.  I'm still undergoing  treatment and have given up on anyone coming my way for a while, but its really good to see people getting on with their lives.  Gives me hope and one less thing to worry about.  I've actually learned a few things too reading through the posts.  Thank goodness for the posts about using it or losing it and menopause.  Who knew?  The whole menopause thing is new to me and I'm clueless.  I'm only 40 and had a great libido before all this.  I don't wanna lose it.  I'm glad the talk is so frank.

In the hour of adversity, be not without hope. Dx 12/31/2009, IDC, 2cm, Stage IIB, Grade 3, 1/21 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Apr 20, 2010 10:08AM musiclovermom wrote:

So to update about the bitch slapping...

Last week at group the woman had the nerve to try to sit right next to me! We (me & another) put our blond friend in between us and as the group got bigger we kept adding chairs to the side that we wanted a little distance on. She MUST have realized what she had done the week before because she was overly nice... Then the next day she shows up at my friend's wig fitting! THE NERVE! anyway, I think someone must have confronted her about the issue. 

I KNOW I must have at some time said something that was taken the wrong way by somebody... I have left group and stressed about how something I said came out and worried that I bothered someone. I cut her some slack as I am sure people have done for me in the past.

Group is emotional enough and I try not to take every comment so personally, but she hit a nerve with the shallow comments.

It's all good. We have another meeting tomorrow night!

Dx 7/21/2009, IDC, 1cm, Stage II, Grade 3, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Feb 12, 2013 12:17AM SandyinPa wrote:

I just assumed that I will have a celibate life forever and that no man is going to want to date or marry a breastless woman fighting cancer when there are so many other women out there. At this point, not interested in reconstructive surgery.

Page 67 of 67 (664 results)

Scroll to top button