Join Us

We are 224,320 members in 83 forums discussing 163,493 topics.

Help with Abbreviations

Topic: Who Makes Size 38A Bras?

Forum: Singles With Breast Cancer —

Singles with breast cancer who want to connect.

Posted on: Jul 21, 2009 06:32PM

nancyu wrote:

After two years of surgeries and a TRAM reconstruction, I am finally able to get new bras.  It seems that there are none available that are wireless, do not provide full coverage, and that come in colors, have lace, etc.   I have radiation burn damage from 12:00 to 3:00 on one side that will be fixed eventually, and had a 9:00 lumpectomy on the other - bilat clevage disfigurement.

Does anyone know who makes the pretty ones I used to wear.  Who would think that size is almost non-existant?  They make them for 8 year olds now.  With all of the surgery that is done these days. 

Thanks!

Nancy Dx 4/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 5/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)

Posts 1 - 3 (3 total)

Jul 22, 2009 04:22PM - edited Jul 22, 2009 04:24PM by hollyann

Hi Nancy......Try Dillard's or Macy's......I buy Wacoal brand bras from Dillard's and i saw they had 38 A and 38B bras......Also go online to Maidenform.com......They have the size you are looking for too...In the meantime you can try using bra extenders....You can buy them at fabric stores..They just hook onto your existing bra strap in back........Good luck to you........I had a TRAM also and it took about a year and a half for me before I could get fitted.....They do a wonderful job fitting bras at Dillard's...They measure you really well and help you find what you need..........

Hugs and Love....Lucy Dx 1-15-07 IDC stage 1b grade 1, 1.6 cm.....Also DCIS grade 3, both in left breast Dx 1/15/2007, IDC, 1cm, Stage IB, Grade 1, 0/6 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Aug 10, 2009 04:36PM FitChik wrote:

Nancy- 

I don't know if you're still looking, but I received an email today from VS announcing their clearance sale. I entered size 38A and got these results:

http://www2.victoriassecret.com/Sale/search_results.cfm?Size_B=38A&ProductTypes=B&rfnbr=3675

They're nice, don't you think?

"Above all, be the heroine of your life, not the victim." ~Nora Ephron

Aug 10, 2009 05:19PM dreaming wrote:

If I am not mistaken it is called Metro Medical and you can buy on line, the prices are excellent.

I order from them, now I am abroad and not using my computer, Google it.

After the mastectomy a second diferent cancer was found: Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, C.F.M.: Dx 7/7/1991, ILC, Right, 1cm, Stage IA, Grade 1, 0/18 nodes, ER+/PR+, HER2-

Page 1 of 1 (3 results)