Topic: Stage 4 and Single

Forum: Singles With Breast Cancer — Singles with breast cancer who want to connect.

Posted on: Jan 30, 2014 02:33AM

Posted on: Jan 30, 2014 02:33AM

deliciae wrote:

I broke up with someone just short of a year before getting my Stage 4 dx in October and it was a bad breakup, which had me really soured on dating for a while.  Now, however, I'm back to my usual self, thinking about how lovely it would be to meet someone and connect with them.  I'm also in the middle of chemo, with fresh scars and bruises on my chest and belly, and lots of ridiculous SEs from the chemo...lookin' hot!  :)

My dx has really changed my worldview and I know that every moment is precious, so I don't want to waste a lot of time keeping myself on the shelf as far as meeting someone goes. Stage 4 is a scary thing to share with someone but really, nobody comes with a guarantee, and I do deserve to find love even as I go through this. I'm only 44 (45 next week!) and not ready to give up. Got any success stories to share to give me some hope?

Dx 10/17/2013, Stage IV, mets, ER+/PR+, HER2- Chemotherapy 10/31/2013 Carboplatin (Paraplatin), Gemzar (gemcitabine) Chemotherapy 1/10/2014 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel)

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Oct 29, 2020 07:33PM anotherone wrote:

hey. I feel like I am talking to myself buy many of us may read it so I wanted to say - do not despair re single. I have met a few interested men and started relationship with one of them - very early days but still I am a living proof that it is possible. I know I planned not to tell them until I think they are relationship material for me but it did not work like that - the topic someone surfaces during interaction , often even at messages stage- which is understandable as it is so large part of my life and while forging bond with someone ot would feel unnatural to avoid it.

Wish me good times and I hope you find them as well ! :)

Primary in 2006, metastasis 2019. Sorry can lot log in diagnosis and treatment info properly - it gets jumbled. On Kadcyla now as had progression on H&P Dx 10/10/2006, IDC, Left, Stage IIIC, metastasized to lungs, Grade 3, 4/9 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2- Dx 7/1/2019, IDC, Stage IV, metastasized to lungs Chemotherapy 9/16/2019 Abraxane (albumin-bound or nab-paclitaxel) Surgery Lymph node removal; Mastectomy; Mastectomy (Left); Reconstruction (Left): Tissue Expander Radiation Therapy External: Chest wall Targeted Therapy Herceptin (trastuzumab)

Page 2 of 2 (11 results)

Scroll to top button