Topic: Nice things people have said...

Forum: Managing Side Effects of Breast Cancer and Its Treatment —

Posted on: Jun 30, 2007 08:53AM

Posted on: Jun 30, 2007 08:53AM

Methusala wrote:

well, hi everyone. I can't stay away from this site, especially when my boob hurts. Damn it. I'm on a major pity trip today.. and actually could post in the STUPID THINGS thread.. but I'm trying to cheer myself up.. so I want to share a couple positive things..

My HUSBAND, SISTER, and MOTHER have ALL offered to shave their heads when (IF??) my hair falls out!
Also, my son's best friend, he's 19, was so upset when I told him the other day, he was choked up, if I'd known he was going to get so upset, I wouldn't have told him. He has called here twice!! in the past 3 or 4 days, asking for my son's phone # at college.. I know this kid has the #, but both times he wanted to know how I was doing!
If a 19 year old kid can be so compassionate... why are there so many douche bag adults?
sorry, this is supposed to be a positive thread
*think happy thoughts*
I DO NOT WANT TO HAVE CANCER! Damn it!!
thanks everyone for being on these boards. thanks for the pm's. ladies, I draw strength from you. each and every post makes me a better person. I am comforted here. I feel a solace here I can't explain.
I can do this. I can do this. I don't WANT to do this, but I CAN and I WILL because you women CAN and WILL. We are all sisters in this. thank you whoever made this website. see? I'm feeling better already.
BRCA 1 + and the BIG 3, triple negative.. Life is short. Pray hard with your kids. Dx 6/2007, IDC, 3cm, Stage IIB, Grade 2, 1/38 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2-

Page 1 of 23 (222 results)

Jun 30, 2007 10:50AM iodine wrote:

Well, you made a positive part of MY day! I was so moved to see that your son's friend was so caring! That is so cool! My son's friends, and well, my daughter's as well, always said I was the "cool" mom. Always made me feel great.
Yes, Kiddo, you can do this, actually, when it comes right down to it: I don't see that you or I have a choice, now do we? So-----*where the hell are the "happy thoughts", Tinkerbell???
I'm glad you started this thread, It sure helped my day and I'm glad it helped yours too!
Hopefully, it will help someone else's too!
Dotti---BE NOT AFRAID, Pope John Paul

Jun 30, 2007 11:40AM dkmaustx wrote:

A few ladies in my water aerobics gave me a little ovation on Wednesday when I told them that my last chemo is this coming Monday. One said that I've been so strong throughout my treatment so far she knows that I'll make it through the rest of the way.

It seems like every time I go to my fitness club I meet another survivor who gives me a thumbs up. Even out and around people see my hat or bandanna and say their friend, sister, wife, or whatever made it through and so can I.

One of my on-line friends just gave me an "Angel Award" for inspiring our little group and keeping them informed about my progress.

Maybe I notice the nice people more and don't really see the ones that stare and whisper, but I've mostly had good experiences.
Debbie M

Jul 1, 2007 06:58AM Toronto wrote:

To borrow a phrase I "went commando" meaning bald headed, much of the time. That got some shocked looks, but lots of compliments. My favorite was from my husband "I was never so proud of you, you were like some priestess." Second favorite from a little boy who had been carefully coached by his mother before my visit. "Aw Mom, she's just a lady, I wanted to see a wig".

Jul 3, 2007 04:25AM figsgirls wrote:

That is so adorable. I love how genuine kids can be!

I admire that you went commando!!! I have been soooooooo wishing I had the balls to do it! I'm projecting that I have a month before the hair falls out, so maybe by then I will.......
Diag. 4/11/07 ILC 4.3cm 1/14 nodes ER+/PR+ Her2-. Lump., bilat.mast. 4AC 12 Taxol, Tamox. Implant recon.

Jul 3, 2007 10:23AM meliaanne wrote:

I am almost done with chemo. I have the last of 12 taxols on Thursday. I remember my future son in law's statement when I was diagnosed. He said "stay strong and know you are loved." For some reason, that became my motto. It was so concise, and it said everything I needed.

Jul 3, 2007 01:11PM Fit999 wrote:

I like this thread, good idea. Im having a rough 2 days and this thread made me think of what my co-worker told me a few weeks ago. She said I gave her hope. Hope. I thought that was odd, and she explained that I am showing the rest of the people in my office that bc is doable. Yes it is possible to not only survive, but I have worked and lead a fairly normal life (on the outside) the entire time. Now I just have to get through this 4th and final surgery and finish up w/the herceptin and Ill be done.

Issa
hugs, Issa Dx 12/22/2006, IDC, 1cm, Stage I, Grade 3, 0/2 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jul 3, 2007 03:34PM MissShapen wrote:

I finished my last chemo and told my friend that I finally see a light at the end of the tunnel. She said, "No, there is life at the end of the tunnel." I like that... she is right. I have life!

Cancer came to kill, steal, and destroy, but by faith in Christ, I have life eternal!

I have life!

Miss S
"Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle." Dx 11/9/2006, IDC, <1cm, Stage IIIA, Grade 3, 7/31 nodes, ER-/PR-, HER2+

Jul 6, 2007 12:08AM SNJulie wrote:

One of my friends sent me a teddy bear with a note that says "I am sending you this bear to be there when I cant, when you need a hug."
I was so touched

Jul 12, 2007 09:56AM lisettemac wrote:

I think I was the most touched on the first day I walked into work with my wig on. I felt so foolish and so obvious. I saw one of my co-workers in the cafeteria and she came right up and took my hand and said, "I think you look great." It really made me feel so much better.

That, and when I was out to dinner with my husband one night I told him what a raw deal he was getting with me. With complete sincerity and spontaneity he said, "Are you kidding me? Marrying you was the smartest thing I ever did." It was so sweet because he was so genuine.

Jul 17, 2007 10:13AM AnneMomof4 wrote:

I was diagnosed with LCIS after a breast reduction when they tested the tissue. I have elected to have a bi-mast and a friend's husband came up to me after he heard, gave me a hug and simply said "Anne, it's the hand of God." I have repeated it like a mantra many times since then. No sadness, so weeping--just a quick hug and some powerful words. Every once in a while, someone gets it right.

Great thread.

Anne

Page 1 of 23 (222 results)

Scroll to top button