Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Options

Comments

• indomitable1
    indomitable1 Member Posts: 136
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hey Ladies! I pray you all are well. Sitting here watching the Lifetime movie about breast cancer. Surprised that I am really enjoying it. Really strikes a chord. Know that you are all in my prayers.

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi all.  Good to see your posts.  All is well on this side.

• rogam
    rogam Member Posts: 123
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hello Ladies just checking in!

• patoo
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hey Ro!

• rogam
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hey Patoo and other.. Keep the post coming!

• patoo
    edited October 2011
    Options

Hi!  You keep on checking in as well.

Anyone see the clip on Sisters Network.  Check out My9news.com, click on "FYI" near top on left and click the clip on Breast Cancer.  It's only about 3 minutes but interesting.

Blessings to all.

• TooManyCocktails
    TooManyCocktails Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2011
    Options

Patoo, I couldn't find it. Cry

• patoo
    edited October 2011
    Options

Sorry, was away for the weekend.  Try this:  http://www.my9tv.com/subindex/e_biz/family_feud

Let me know if you still don't see it. 

• patoo
    edited October 2011
    Options

BTW, the original website I gave was wrong,  It's my9tv.com  I think you then click on 'news' and 'fyi'.

• TooManyCocktails
    TooManyCocktails Member Posts: 49
    edited October 2011
    Options
  • patoo
    edited October 2011
    Options

Great.

• dtholden
    dtholden Member Posts: 23
    edited November 2011
    Options

Greetings Everyone....

I was diagnosed with TN in Sept. and had my first round of chemo last week.   It will be 8 rounds of AC and 8 rounds of T. Then I will decide on lump or mast.  Radiation daily for 6 weeks if I go with the lump.      

Well, as of today...its has been one week from my 1st treatment.   I am definitely feeling more vibrant and energized but not to my pre-chemo levels ;-(     My overall SE were minimal in the big scheme of things.  I think my most challenging issue was with constipation.   It caught me off guard.  I was so focused on the other possible SE's that I didnt recognized that I was not being regular.  It made me feel very sluggish, feverish and bloated....basically I felt terrible until I corrected the problem.  Now I am feeling wonderfully at my "new normal".   I feel more empowered now for my next treatment scheduled next Weds.  I will use the tips that ladies have shared with us on the chemo site and I just know that I must rest and listen to my body as it adjusts to the chemo doing what it must do...kill cancer cells!

I have been fully resting and drinking gallons of water this week and my hopes are to go out to my line dancing class tomorrow nite.  I may not be able to hang for very long but I am looking forward to the fun and the normalcy that it will bring to me.

Many huggs to all of you! 

• patoo
    edited November 2011
    Options

Welcome Denise.  Good for you trying to keep doing things.  I think it may help with your outlook during treatment.  Just remember to be good to yourself and rest as well; don't try and do too much.  Do you have a good support team, family, friends, to help out?

Hi everyone else

• rogam
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello Dtholden I am glad to hear that you are coming along well. Continue to live life as normally as possible. Hello Patoo!

Ladies I just got back from New Orleans where I had my 2nd stage of recon- all is well.

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello Ladies,

I have missed all of you very much!

I do hope everything is going well in your worlds, as well as can be expected..

I am doing great, me thinksSmile.  At the library today and just glad I could stop in and say hello.

Thanks for all the hello's to me and good wishes and prayers since the last time I wrote, and back to you all with love.

It is sharing time again----- November 17th I am Blessed to be a 13 year Survivor, and I share this to all of you, to hang in there, take care of yourselves, stay in prayer, and be Blessed.  It has certainly been a journey and I am not tired yet.  I sign off in my journal I write in every day(Moving under Gods Graces).

Till next time.

Linda C. 

• patoo
    edited November 2011
    Options

So happy to hear from each of you.  Linda C - that's fantastic - 13 years, WOW!

Blessings go with each of you until next time.

• dtholden
    edited November 2011
    Options

Hello to all my beautiful sistahs....

Rogam....congratulations on your recon surgery going well!

Ilinda....it is so wonderful to hear that you are a 13 year survivor!...my prayers are that we will all be long term survivors of the very terrible disease.

To everyone....continue to fight strongly and do all that is healthy and keep your faith in God.   I ask that God bring us back to good health and I ask him for the healing energy that will flow through every nerve, cell and tissue of our bodies!

Stay blessed,

Denise

• patoo
    edited November 2011
    Options

Welcome and thank you Denise. 

Prayers going up for all.

• indomitable1
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hey ladies!

Denise, I pray you are hanging in there and that all is going well.

Rogam, congrats on Stage II. Glad that u are well and that your reconstruction has go well.

Patoo, glad to see u r as active as ever on the boards. Praying u are well. Sisters Network is a great resource.

Linda--so glad to hear you are doing well. Miss hearing from u. Still grateful that God allowed you to share and encourage me when I was initially diagnosed.

Hope u all had a great Thanksgiving and are preparing for an even more wonderful Christmas. God bless and enjoy each day.

• Lcharmie
    edited December 2011
    Options

Hello Ladies,

I am checking in, I continue to be Blessed that I am doing well.  The end of the month I will have a PET scan, I have a new Dr. and also I have some "deep itching" in my chest area (weird) it has happen before, but this time it was horribly intense, the Dr. gave me Atarax which does help.  Also it has been 2 years since we did any scans, I just like to know what is always going on in my body..I will keep you all posted.

Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers and well wishes, and you know I send this back to you all with Love.

Wishing you all a 'Merry Christmas and Happy New Years" and "Best Wishes for all Holidays" that you may celebrate.

Till next time, Prayers and Much Love

Linda C.

• patoo
    edited January 2012
    Options

Hi all, I've been off the boards for a few weeks taking a break.  

Hope everyone had a blessed Christmas and wishing you a wonderful 2012.

ILinda, keep us posted on the scan results. 

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited January 2012
    Options

Can I join the fun?? I am basically a year out of tx and feeling rather GOOD I must say.

Blessings to us all!

• patoo
    edited January 2012
    Options

Welcome Fighter_34.  You can see this thread is not very busy but we come around now and then just to say hello and let the others know we are thinking and praying for each other.  Glad that you are feeling good.  I think some of that is due to attitude and you seem to have a good one.

• indomitable1
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hey All-

Happy Belated Happy New Year!

Welcome Fighter!  Glad you are feeling GOOD!  I am almost 3 years out and feeling quite well, myself! 

Patoo-loving the sisterlocks. Boy how they grow! 

Any word from Linda?

God Bless everyone!

• Lcharmie
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hello Ladies,

Indomitable, I smiled when I pulled up the post and you ask about me, and Patoo telling me to keep you all posted.  I think about you all, all the time and you are in my prayers.

Ok, I had the PET scan on Dec. 30th and on Jan. 3rd I was Blessed to hear there is no sign of CA.  I was thanking God, and my feet would not touch the floor, and I would just pinch myself, we are talking about after hearing (6 occurrences) in those 13 years.  Anyways, I just smile when I think about it.  It is funny that now, I sleep when I go to bed at night, I guess I was just mentally tired, I knew it, but I didn't"t know it, the sleep feels great!!! 

Now, I will still stay on the Herceptin, it is for maintenance, and that is ok with me, I go every three weeks and get it, I see the Dr. every 9 weeks.  Praying one day for no kind of Chemo, I believe in Miracles---I am one!!!

I will have my 65th Birthday on Feb 14th and feeling quite Blessed to be here through it all.

You all continue to Be Blessed!

Till next time.

Linda C.

• patoo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi Indominable!  LindaC, 2/14 is my son's birthday - he'll be 28.  Actually I prefer your age to his.  Too much "stuff" in the world today that I really don't want to be that young again (I just turned 63 last month).

Great news about your PET.  We serve an awesome God!

• Thatgirl
    Thatgirl Member Posts: 34
    edited February 2012
    Options

Linda you are a " Love Baby", how sweet. Incase I'm not online....Happy Birthday!

I'm so happy to hear about your results.

I'm pm'g you.

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited February 2012
    Options

Shouting for you. Stay blessed and take care.

• dtholden
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hello Everyone,

I hope all is well with everyone and you are maintaining strength and positivity in your lives.

I just completed my 4 months of AC & TX chemo tx and will have my mascet and TRAM flap surgery on March 6th,.   I'm looking forward to getting the surgery completed so I can recovery and get back to  a normal life...as much as possible....or maybe I should say get back to my "new" normal life.

God has been good and I feel very blessed!

Best wishes and luv to all!

Dee

• patoo
    edited February 2012
    Options

Hi Dee and everyone!  Praying for your strength through trying times. 

A note since we are many pages in is to say check for a local Sisters Network if you want some amazing support.  http://www.sistersnetworkinc.org/

Blessings.