Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

African American Women & Triple Negative Status

Options

Comments

• indomitable1
    indomitable1 Member Posts: 136
    edited February 2012
    Options

Congrats Linda! Hang in there Dee!

Please check out the sisters network website and find a local chapter if you haven't already.

And Happy Birthday Linda (and Patoo's son) and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone else.

My birthday is tomorrow. I have already started celebrating. Celebrate life everyday.

Tonight's news about Whitney Houston just further confirms what we already know. Live each day as though you mean it! God bless, comfort and keep her mother and her daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

God bless you ladies!

• indomitable1
    edited February 2012
    Options

Congrats Linda! Hang in there Dee!

Please check out the sisters network website and find a local chapter if you haven't already.

And Happy Birthday Linda (and Patoo's son) and Happy Valentine's Day to everyone else.

My birthday is tomorrow. I have already started celebrating. Celebrate life everyday.

Tonight's news about Whitney Houston just further confirms what we already know. Live each day as though you mean it! God bless, comfort and keep her mother and her daughter, Bobbi Kristina.

God bless you ladies!

• patoo
    patoo Member Posts: 5,243
    edited February 2012
    Options

It does put things into perspective.  She had so much, yet had so little. 

Blessings and prayers for each of you. 

• Fighter_34
    Fighter_34 Member Posts: 496
    edited March 2012
    Options

Just dropping in to say hello...

• patoo
    edited March 2012
    Options

Back to you Fighter_34, and the rest of you as well as you occasionally check in.

Blessings.

• Deborahann
    Deborahann Member Posts: 7
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hello all,

I've been away for a couple of years!! Geez, I didn't realize until I actually did an accounting of my time how long it has been!

Update: I'm doing well.  I'm approaching my 8th year of survivorship.  Unfortunately, I'm currently battling uterine firboids.  I have a surgical consult tomorrow to decide which treatment plan to select. 

Life is good!

• patoo
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hi Deborahann.  Will keep you in prayer tomorrow for your consult.

• Fighter_34
    edited March 2012
    Options

DeborahAnn it is so refreshing to see a long term AA TNBC survivor. May GOD continue to bless you.

• indomitable1
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hello Everyone. Just checking in!

Hey  Fighter and Patoo! And thanks for dropping in DeborahAnn-we appreciate hearing from you. Hope all went well with your consult.  Congrats on 8 years of survivorship and victory! Life IS good.

Oh, and celebrated 3 years from diagnosis. F/U scan not scheduled until next month. Praising God in Advance.

God Bless. Keeping us and all our sisters covered in prayer. 

Peace & Health 

• dtholden
    dtholden Member Posts: 23
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hello Ladies.

I just completed my DIEP free flap surgery a couple of weeks ago and recovery is going well.   My chemo treatments of 4 months prior to my surgery went well with mnimal side effects.   I am feeling very good....walking twice a day, eating super healthy...not taking any meds due to almost no pain...just a tad bit sore at times.  I am simply amazed on how well I am feeling after such a major surgery.  

Even though I was diagnosed Triple Negative, I feel blessed that things have gone so well and I hold to the belief that I will not have a reoccurrence.  I live in the moment ...enjoy each day to the fullest...I know that I must die one day but it won't be anytime soon :-)

You are all strong warriors...and I believe that we will all share a "truimph of spirt" over this adversity once we complete our surgeries, treatments and get on with living and loving our lives! 

Everyone stay blessed and strong!

Denise

• patoo
    edited March 2012
    Options

Hey Denise, thanks for chiming in and letting us know how you are. Your attitute contributes to your triumphant outlook.  Keep it up, keep moving, stay blessed and hymbled before Him.  You can't lose!

Shout out to everyone else.

• Fighter_34
    edited April 2012
    Options

Had a great weekend ladies. Rolled around in the grass with the kids. I just love the smell of fresh cut grass!

Life is finally looking up and settling down. Claiming the victory and pressing forward.

• patoo
    edited April 2012
    Options

To God be the glory.

• indomitable1
    edited April 2012
    Options

Amen!

• indomitable1
    edited April 2012
    Options

Don't forget they have the LBBC teleconference going on now. Triple Negative Breast Cancer: Medical Updates with Dr. Edith Mitchell.

They are recording it so it should be available on the LBBC (Living Beyond Breast Cancer) website later. (www.lbbc.org)

• Jaebon
    Jaebon Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hello Everyone.

Im new to this forum. I was just recently diagnosed with Triple Negative BC on 3/22/12. I orignally was diagnosed with DCIS in Jan 2012 and had a mastectomy in March 2012. It wasnt until the surgery that the found a tumor and I was then diagnosed with TN.  I am 37 with a wonderful husband,supportive family and friends and two children.

I just started my chemo on April 13th and my second one is coming up on May 3rd. I will have to do 6 cycles of Taxotere and Cytoxan. So far I have had very few side affects. PRAISE GOD. I dont know how long that will be that way though. Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself. 

• patoo
    edited April 2012
    Options

Hi Jaebon.  Sorry you had to meet up here but the threads are a wonderful source of support.  I'm not triple neg but somehow this is the AA thread that we come to occasionally to let our sisters know we care.  I just dropped off a tray of food for a family in my church where the mom (4 kids) just finished her chemo in February.  God is good and brought her through that difficult part of the journey.  You are a child of God and He will also give you the strength to continue.  Check out SistersNetwork.org to see if there is a chapter relatively near to you as they are a terrific group of sisters at all stages and would be able to assist you whereever you may have a need.

Prayers going up for your walk to be closely monitored by God who will give you a peace each day.  Please always remember that He is nearby and waiting for you to look upward and call.

Blessings.

• Jaebon
    Jaebon Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2012
    Options

Thank you so much Patoo.

• Fighter_34
    edited May 2012
    Options

Jaebon-- Please consider joining Call all Triple Negatives thread. I am triple negative as well. You find a wealth of information over there to arm yourself with. I wish you well on this journey!

Gentle Hugs!

• Victoria3N
    Victoria3N Member Posts: 7
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi all, yesterday I was told I'm TN. Had a clean mammogram in January and in April was told I have breast cancer, what a shock. My emotions are off the chart. They want to start Chemo June 6th.

It's great to see the great success here. I am truly happy you all are doing well.

Take care.

• Fighter_34
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi Victoria3N-Welcome, sorry we had to meet this way, but we are here if you need us.

Finally getting warmer. I really plan on getting out this summer and exploring the world. Going to VA Beach this weekend. I haven't been to Virginia Beach since I was a child.

Gentle Hugs to all!

• patoo
    edited May 2012
    Options

Hi Victoria3N.  Yes, this beast does take us by surprise but we can be thankful that so many advances have been made over the years.  This also gives us the opportunity to take inventory of our lifestyle and make changes to do all we can to help ourselves maintain our health.  Please don't hesitate to lurk, post and send private messages to people on these threads as most are very supportive and many of your questions can be answered by your sisters here (not medical advice).

Fighter_34, have fun in VA beach.  My family has rented a beach house there for a week several summers over the last 15 years.

• msmatanzas
    msmatanzas Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Options

WOW sistah u just cannot keep  a strong woman down!!

• msmatanzas
    msmatanzas Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hi Lady:

I am new CP as well happy still a fighter and at 65, a gym nut with a great body YET!  i was diag with DCIS. OMG!! wthheck!!!  lol I went through a lumpectomy in March after having a petscan  my Dr took 10 nodes.  I am also her2+ and am about to take radiation next week for 6wks After my surg i debated whether chemo or any other man made treatment would save me and thus the 3 mth wait. I have had a MRI which has shown no progression so i wait in grace

I walk this journey unafraid, unbent and unbowed knowing that i was only sent here for a short while.

I love u and the way i find your outlook You my sistah are a blessing and i am glad i joined today. 

Hasta la approxima dia

• Victoria3N
    Victoria3N Member Posts: 7
    edited June 2012
    Options

Patoo and Fighter and the rest of you: Thank you for your feedback! I finally got my 1st treatment today. From what I heard about the "TAC" (Taxotere, Adriamycin, Cytoxan) chemo cocktail, I figured it might be a couple of days before I check in again. 9 hours after treatment and I haven't gotten sick yet, just getting tired in a weird way. I got that port implanted 3 days ago, that was painful the first night BUT I sure am glad I got it. I'm drinking lots of water and sterilizing everything.

You guys have a great weekend and I will check in often.

• indomitable1
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello ladies. Just checking in.

Victoria3N & Jaebon-glad you finished your first treatments. Hang in there and don't forget to look at the Chemotherapy Survival Guide recommendations. You won't need them all but you can skim thru and pick out what's pertinent to you.

Ms. Matanzas-rest in the Lord and continue to be proactive. Your attitude is awesome-Unafraid, Unbent, Unbowed. This, too, shall pass, but you will be wiser, much more appreciative, and even stronger.

Love and Blessings to Fighter, Patoo, iLinda (wherever you are), and all our sisters who have fought or are fighting this fight.

• rogam
    rogam Member Posts: 123
    edited June 2012
    Options

Hello Ladies just checking in. I pray that you ladies are doing well. Stay strong and be blessed!

• Lcharmie
    Lcharmie Member Posts: 156
    edited July 2012
    Options

Hello Ladies,

It is just me, dropping in to say Hello to everyone.

Wishing all of you the best in how you are doing.

I am doing great, and will not complain!  Still go have Herceptin every 3 weeks for Preventive Meds.  I see the Dr. once every 3 months, this feels weird, and then I tell myself that God has Blessed me, not to "need to see her", I see her RN in between 1 times, however I know the Dr. is available.

Thanks everyone for the "Happy Birthdays"  I Love that Day(Valentines Day)  Its always nice to hear someone else has a Birthday on that day too.

Ok, till next time, I will keep you all in my prayers.  Everyone continue to hang in for all you are worth.  ( I see lot of new names).

Stay Blessed.

Linda C.

• Fighter_34
    edited July 2012
    Options

Waving to everyone! Hi Ladies! Stay encouraged!

• MRSABSOLUTELY61
    MRSABSOLUTELY61 Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2012
    Options

HELLO EVERYONE I AM MRSABSOLUTELY CAUSE MY MOTHER TOLD ME WHEN I WAS YOUNG I WAS ABSOLUTELY GREAT SO THIS IS MY NAME I TOOK ON FOR YEARS  NOW MY CASE IS DIFFERENT I FOUND MY LUMPS MYSELF  AND BEG SOMEONE TO LOOK AT THEM BUT BECAUSE IT WAS NOT IN MY FAMILY NOONE LOOKED I HAVE LOTS OF MEDICAL PROBLEMS AND BEENING VERY POOR AND BLACK DOES NOT HELP YES I DO HAVE MEDICAID AND MEDICARE AND A $ 344. YES THAT IS THREE HUNDRED AND FORTY-FOUR DOLLARS DISABILTY CHECK AND NO FOODS A MONTH I HAVE SLEEP APER PROBLEM AND IT WAS THIS DOCTOR THAT LISTEN TO ME AND HEAR ME I STOP BREATHING NITELY 56 TIMES SO I AM GETTING HELP FOR THAT AND SHE SET UP ALL MY TEST  PLEASE GO TO ALL YOUR APPOINTMENT EVEN THE DUMB ONES   I WAS TOLD ON MARCH 10 2012  I HAVE 2 LUMPS IN ONE BREAST AND 4 IN THE RIGHT ONE  AND MY SURGERY WAS APRIL 12 2012 ON MAY 15 I HAD 2 HAVE A SECOND SURGERY ONE MY RIGHT BREAST CAUSE THE DOCTOR MESS IT UP  AND ON JUNE 5 MY BIRTHDAY I HAD A THIRD SURGERY ON THE SAME BREAST CAUSE IT BUILD UP FLUID THAT DID NOT ALL COME OUT NOW I STILL HAVE TO EAT RIGHT SO THEY TELL ME WHAT TO EAT AND I AM TELLING THAT TAKE MONEY  NOW NOONE HERE ME SO I KEEP EATING WHAT I CAN AFFORD  AND MY CHEMO GET PUT OFF THREE TO FOUR TIME CAUSE MY BREAST JUST WONT HEAL RIGHT NOW I AM A GREAT BIG FAN OF THE THE POWER OF GOD BUT NONE IN THE POWER OF MOST MENS NOT ALL THEM ARE BAD YES SOME GOOD ONES OUT THERE DONT GET ME WRONG  SAME AS PREACHERS TOO BUT IT A LOTS ABOUT THE CHURCH STUFF I DONT CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY OR DO BUT GODS IT NOT ALL ABOUT WHAT THEY PREACH AND TEACHING IN THEN  SO IF I COULD JUST TELL ANY ONE ONE THING IS TO ASK GOD TO SHOW U AND EXPLANE WHAT HE MEAN AND THE TRUTH WILL  BE SHOWN TO U IT U CAN NOT READ ( MOST BLACK  PEOPLE HERE DONOT NO HOW TO READ HERE)SO THE PREACHERS ARE GODS TO THEM BUT I KNOW HE JUST A MAN TEACHING GODS WORDS HOPEFULLY BUT THATS ON HIM IF HE IS NOT THERE IS A GREAT BIBLE DVD U COULD WATCH AND READ ALONG WITH THE KING JAMES VERSION OF THE BIBLE PLEASE DO THIS AND PASS IT ON YES I AM STILL VERY POOR AND HAVE HAD 2 CHEMO TREATMENT AND DOING ABSOLUTELY GREAT NO SIDE EFFECTS YES NOT ONE GOD BLESS U ALL SORRY SO LONG BUT IT THE FIRST I SHARED MY STORY WITH ANYONE  TY VM FOR YOUR TIME AND PATIENCES   MRSABSOLUTELY