Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

The power of prayer...

Options

Comments

• Genia
    Genia Member Posts: 1,055
    edited October 2008
    Options

Very true Carol.....thanks also for reminding ME!!!

hugs   

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited October 2008
    Options

O Lord bless this family we have here on-line, Help them to see you are always there. Bless all that need your extra care at this time. We know that you know each hair on our head and every tear we cry.  We love you Lord and thank you for helping us to see the light again.  Amen 

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Amen......God bless you Debbie!!!!

hugssssssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Prayer is a gift that we have been given, To share and care in Gods wonderful ways. To remind us when we are with God we are never alone. So like Genia full of love and knows that help is near. I hope that  she will be blessed because, She is kind and very dear. God bless you, Debbie

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Aww....what a wonderful thing to wake up to Debbie. 

Thank you so much for that sweet lady.........hugssssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Giving it to God

Gods word tells us in Pslams 62:8 "Trust in Him at all times.....pour out your hearts to Him, For God is our refuge." Why would God tell us He's a refuge when He's urging us to pour out our hearts before Him? Because He knows that when we bare our souls, We face tremendous risk. We become extremely vulnerable when we release our pain and troubles. But God wants us to know that when we tell Him all that's on our hearts, its completely safe. Not only does Gods heart extend toward you when you feel alone or in pain, His healing hand extends toward you as well.

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

I re read this today......because I had a horrible weekend.  My white count went to the moon because of my Neulasta shot......and I don't think I have ever been that sick in my life. 

Thank you for leaving this on here for me to read again.......hugssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Dear Lord, I come before you with my friend Genia, Lord you know her needs. Bless Her with your love and help her to feel better,  She is a very kind person to alot of people Lord, So help her to know you are there and love her more. Bless all the others that are in need of you, I pray in you name, AMEN

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

It's 2 in the morning and I woke up hungry......so that's a good sign........lol

Thank you for all the prayers......you will never know how much they mean to me!!

hugssssss..........genia

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hi Genia, How are you doing today? I know you are a very special person.

I was looking in my book 2 Corinthians 1: 3-4 Father of compassion and the God of all comfort who comforts us in all our troubles.

I am so glad to see that today, I worry about the thing that need to be payed for medical and had to remind myself God will see my through. I thank you for your caring line. God bless you, Angel hugs, Debbie

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Thank you too Debbie.......so many times you have just added stuff to this thread and it was just what I needed to read!!!

You are a very special lady to me........hugsssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Psalm 121

1 I will lift up my eye unto the hills,

from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord,

which made the heaven and earth.

3 He will not suffer thy foot to be

moved; he that keepeth thee will

not slumber.

Angel hugs to my friends, My prayers are with you. In pain myself need to rest, Love Debbie

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Bless you Debbie......feel better soon hun!!!

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Looking back I realize that I have a greater appreciation for the joys

of life, a calmness I never had before, and deeper faith in God.

What more could I ask for.   From UPLIFT  A book with the secerts from the sisterhood

of breast cancer. Author Barbara Delinsky

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Thank you for posting that Debbie........it's very true!!!!

hugssssss and hope ya feel better soon sweetie

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Dear God, We come before you this evening with joy the we made it threw another day. We walk mountains and found hope with you there. Give us strength to keep fight and win with you on our side. And Lord bless those that need your touch right now, Please help them know you will never live them threw their trials. Lord we love you and thank you for our friends that are there when we need them. Please bless the sick and needly, To help them stay in your light. We love you Lord, Amen 

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

AMEN.....thank you Debbie!!!

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

God provides comfort, Our God is described in 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 as the"Father of compassion and the God of all comforts us in all our troubles," Have you dipped into his well of comfort lately?

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

I think I've dipped a lot lately.  I've been very discouraged.......and scared! 

Thank you sweet Debbie........you are an angel to me!!!

hugsssss

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

With faith as small as a mustard seed you can move a mountain.

God grant you peace and keep your faith in Him.

I was in the hospital Tues for Acute asthmatic bronchitis and am feeling like you but I must trust in my God. That knows when any sparrow falls. God bless you, Debbie

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Sorry to hear that Debbie........bless your heart!  Are you ok now???

hugsssss

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

I am very weak ,  But I  need to remember God is here, I was suppost to go in and see my dr, He is not there. I will go in the hospital again if my lung goes to far or breathing. God love and cares and answers prays, Thanks for caring, Debbie

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

I do care Debbie.......and please take care of yourself!!!

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you......

Nite.....hugssssss

• susiered
    susiered Member Posts: 83
    edited October 2008
    Options

Hi Ladies,

I just wanted to say how God has been with me every step of the way through this cancer "journey" There have been days I was so afraid all I could do was pray and read my Bible. Even though this cancer has been hard.....I have already been through 6 rounds of chemo and am about to have bi-lateral mast on Nov. 13th and then on to radiation, it has brought me so much closer to the Lord. He has sofened my heart and made my faith stronger. I don't quite know his plan in all of this yet, but I know he has one for me. He is the the one that is giving me the stregnth to get through all this and I am so thankful he has been there! It is nice hearing about others who's faith is also getting them through. I will be praying for each of you and thank you for starting this thread.

God Bless you all,

Susan

• OnEaglesWings
    OnEaglesWings Member Posts: 13
    edited October 2008
    Options

Susiered, I echo your sentiments.  God bless you on your healing journey. 

• footprintsangel
    edited October 2008
    Options

Send forth your light and truth,Let them guide

me; let them bring me to your holy mountain,

to the place where you dwell. Then will I go to

the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.

I will praise praise you with the harp,  O God,

my God.  Why are you downcast, O my soul?

Why are so distrubed with me? Put your hope

in God, for I will yet praise him, My savior and

my God (Psalms 43:3-5.

1 Seek the truth.

2 Seek intimacy with God.

3 Surround yourself with God's people.

4 Sing.

5 Set your hope in God.

• Genia
    edited October 2008
    Options

Well God said he would NOT forsake me.....and yesterday I was so broke I barely had enough money to get a gallon of milk. 

I cried......because the first of July I had a job.....and was paying my bills and life was good.  By the end of July.....I had been diagnosed with cancer.....and was unable to work.  My job is just too demanding mentally, physically and emotionally for me to be there like I needed to be.  So I had to take time off......since I'm self employed........I had to go apply for SSI and Disablity.  I was approved for both.......but hadn't recieved any money yet.  

Today I got my first SSI check.  My back pay was included.  I opened it and said "THANK YOU GOD FOR TAKING CARE OF ME!!!!  

It seems when things are looking the darkest and I think my life is just going to crash.......God always helps me and provides for my needs.

He is soooo good to me and I have truly been blessed........and I know in my heart he will heal my cancer.  If he doesn't.......it was not meant to be.

Hugs.....

Genia

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options
    WinkGood for you Genia, I just felt your smile, I am glad you got that taken care of. He loves, He cares and He answers prays.  To all the new people, You can see alot of love in this line. God bless you all, Genia is a special lady!  Take care, Debbie
  • Genia
    edited November 2008
    Options

Thank you Debbie......your are a pretty special gal to me too!!!!!

hugsssssss

• footprintsangel
    edited November 2008
    Options

In Psalms 65:9, We are told that the stream of God is full of water,

We believe that holds true for God's well, too. There will always be

enough food,enough provisions, enough comfort,

enough of whatever you need, Will you let God open your eyes to it?