Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited August 2009
    Options

For Pam, Amen

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

For Pam, Amen

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited August 2009
    Options

Yep, home from the hospital last Saturday. Back to work Monday.

I pray to St. Peregrine. Wasn't able to post yesterday, but was certainly able to pray! Innocent

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2009
    Options

Continuing the Novena to St. Peregrine.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

For Pam, Amen.

• CAROLMARIE427
    CAROLMARIE427 Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2009
    Options

I have been praying though I haven't been posting it for all of us on this board.  Barb, how are you feeling? Glad to hear you are back at work-don't overdo it!

• hood1980
    hood1980 Member Posts: 168
    edited August 2009
    Options

I love attending First Friday services at my local Parish and praying the Rosary together as a Church Family.  Guess what tomorrow  is????

• concernedsis
    concernedsis Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2009
    Options

What a great thread. For years my mom had a devotion to St Anne - when she couldnt conceive she went to St Jean Baptiste Church in Manhattan across from Lenox Hill Hospital on the Feast of St Anne 7/26 - they have a 8 day novena that culminates that day with a special mass and a blessing with the relic of st anne. She said she felt so at peace and found out shortly after she was pregnant with my sister. We have gone every year since. This year we went with a cancer diagnosis - sis got on line for the blessing of the relic twice - just in case LOL. God help all of you through this trial.

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited August 2009
    Options

Dear Sisters,  What a wonderful thing it is to share our faith!  Barb, please do not overdo it at work.  I do feel the Blessed Mother guiding us here.Sisters!

• Angel10
    Angel10 Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2009
    Options

Concerned sis...

I just went to St. Jean the Baptiste for the first time this past week...and I live it the city!  They have Eucharistic Adoration all day long! What a gift!

Prayers going out for all of you tonight!

God Bless!

Angel

• bobcat
    bobcat Member Posts: 526
    edited August 2009
    Options

Laura - thank you so much for starting this board!

Angel -  I live in PA and my son and I found St. Jean's a couple of years ago on our yearly weekend in NYC.  Beautiful.

Prayers and hugs and healing to all.

Bobbi

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

When my late aunt started teaching, St. Jean the Baptiste in NYC was her first school. It has a lot of meaning for my family.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Look at all you NY gals having this Parish in common.. AWESOME!

Joyce... could it be.... First Friday? :)... pray for us tomorrow!

I am happy to see so many friends joining the thread.

I have always felt the Church was such a huge huge gift given to us all.. so many original teachings.

Our youngest son went to High School at a Traditional Catholic School. Nothing but the Latin Mass. ( this child of ours is Not what you would call traditional..lol.. but he fit in there.. it was like he understood the Church.. and her teaching..).. anyway.. it was so nice to study the early ways of Christ. What Christians did when Christ died.. How did the practice their faith. How did they spread the word. There was no Bible. It took years to get the bible in print. So I wanted to know... ( and it had to be history and it had to be written down..lol.. I am a knowledge junky)... how did the early Christians practice their faith. For those first say.... 5-10 yrs after Christ died.. and before anyone had the inspired written word...

So to see them practice the Mass.. amazing...

Anyway.. I am WAY off here...as usual... lol..

The Church is a beautiful place to love and worship the Trinity...and give thanks to the Holy Family....and so many beautiful ways to pray to, and give all glory to God!

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am not catholic. I am protestant. I have been on the prayer list of a large catholic church here a couple of times. They sent me cards filled with signatures of those praying for me. One lady brought us dinner one night and she didnt even know me at all. Some freinds of ours had placed me on the list.

As far as I am concerned, we are all christians. I welcome prayers from whoever wants to pray for me and I pray for anyone I think needs it or asks for it.

I have never said a Novena other than just reading it off the page. But I will certainly give this a try. I pray to God directly but maybe I need a saint or 2 to help me pray LOLOL. I figure it can't hurt. Hugs, Mazy

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Mazy.. you are a doll.. I had SO SO Many Christians praying for me , sending our food and gifts.. all from the local Baptist church here in town. WONDERFUL people and full of love... acting like Christ. I love them! We are Christians if we accept Christ as our savior. " only through son to the Father.." AMEN!

Catholic as for prayer from others who have gone on before them. We figure... Heck... they are with the Lord... :)

Pray with us sister ... we are one in Christ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love the Story of Peregrine. To know how he suffered with cancer and could not be healed by doctors.. and to know he HATED the Catholic Church...LOL....

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo glad Jesus chose the bad guys  to love...:).. kinda like Peter.... He gave PETER the Keys to the Kingdom.. and PETER turned his back on Him three times.... LOL... God ROCKS!

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

ps... Catholic pray to God directly , daily too.....:) :)......

Kind of funny.. Usually one of my first prayer in the morning are...." Oh man... Father, I am sorry I behaved like that.. forgive me and help me to BE BETTER..." LOL LOL LOL

Then I THANK Him for sending His son to die for me 'cause I just cannot seem to get it right....LOL LOL.... ( but true)....

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

Right, Laura...we pray to saints because they are in the presence of Our Lord. Not that they themselves can do anything, but that they might intercede on our behalf. Kind of like a celestial lobbiest, lol.

Another day...my prayer to St. Peregrine for all of us here.

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited August 2009
    Options

a perpetual novena for cancer patients.  I will pray daily.

thankyou for starting this.

may we live today to humbly serve our lord. 

(Mary Magdalen)

• barbe1958
    barbe1958 Member Posts: 7,605
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I pray to St. Peregrine. I post this every day to bump the thread up....Innocent
  • Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

St. Peregrine,

Pray for us!

Innocent

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Ending the 9th day for Pam. Lord, I put my trust in you. Thank you St. Peregrine for your prayers.

This is terrible, but I am not sure if my parish has a Peregrine ministry. We are in the process of joining another parish.. as where we live... The two parishes here that we close to are HUGE.. it is so hard to get close and personal. I miss the smaller parishes.....

• easyquilts
    easyquilts Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2009
    Options

I just saw this thread...Thank you for starting it.....My prayer life  has really gone to pot these last few months...I attend Mass every Sunday, and sing for the 7:30 Mass with a group that I  love. I was thrilled to see a prayer thread that comes from a very Catholic POV....Thanks.

However, something is wrong....I..who have always been a truly devoted Catholic...am no longer praying or reading as I should..or did.....I"m not feeling the connection I have had since the day I converted...over twenty plus years ago.....

Spent many years teaching RCIA...I'm a certified Lay Pastoral Minister, with a Master's in Religion from a Catholic institution....

I have printed a copy of  this novena prayer, and will start praying it tomorrow morning....Maybe if I pray with all of you, my faith will increase in fervor again.....

Sandy from Cincinnati

• concernedsis
    concernedsis Member Posts: 7
    edited August 2009
    Options

Angel10 isnt it a gorgeous church? NancyD it is a small world - if you ever have a chance to go the church is magnificent. We'll be back next year 7/26/2010 whatever comes. This year we were lucky it was a Sunday and I could park - next year I go back to running our during Mass to feed the meters! I was lucky enough to go to St Anne du Beaupre in Canada and there is a chapel you can go up the stairs on your knees for a plenary indulgence - quite a moving experience but sore knees! You see all the crutches and things people have cast off when they had their miracles. Very powerful. I believe in prayer but admit my failings - it is hard to understand why bad things happen to good people as they say - when I see Jesus I plan to ask him that one while I am sitting on a cloud eating chocolate and getting a foot rub LOL!

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Having been through the ups and downs of fervor" ladies, all I can say is thank goodness the Lord does not give up on us when we do of Him!  He carries us all through our highs and lows.  The fact that we notice it and are bothered by it is just His way of letting us know He is always with us.  Fear not...we are never away from Him!

God Bless!

Angel

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited August 2009
    Options

Angel, thank you for your last post.  I really appreciated the image of the Lord being with us when we are bothered by not reaching out to Him enough.  I am praying for the grace to prefer HIS will above all others.  I wish I could go back to church, but I haven't been able to do so since the dx back in October.  I hope He understands. 

Ellen

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Ellen,

He will be there for you when you are ready. He is the most merciful and forgiving being there is...and he is all about good health! He doesn't want us sick, but will allow it and hope we use it to get closer to Him. 

Hugs and God Bless!

Angel

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Ellen, He does.. Angel is right. He does so much He sent His only begotten son.. Jesus.

I have walked with Jesus my whole life... because I fall a LOT ... if we were perfect.. if we never lost the fervor... would Jesus have had to come.. NOPE!

The Divine Mercy Chaplet.. LOVE LOVE LOVE how it is sung on EWTN... I used to drive car pool at 3pm everyday.. picking up my son from HS.. I used to BLAST the Chaplet on EWTN and pray it daily.. MY FAV! Thank you for reminding me about that.... I will remember it again at 3pm.

THANK YOU! See how we bring eachother back around................

St. Peregrine...thank you for your intercession

Father, you are my salvation.

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Laura,

Do you get NET TV where you are?  I love the Chaplet sung by Donna Cori Gibson!   She sings it on most Friday's at 3PM.  I put the rosary (3 different versions) and the Chaplet (2 versions) on my nano...got me through my 3 hospital stays...

God is good!

Blessings!

Angel  

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

I have not heard of Net TV... hmmmmmmm  But her name sounds REALLY familiar....

I was never in the hospital long enough to do that....:).. I had mast and out the next day by 10am.... and for exchange... no overnight.. sent home right after... amazing to me how fast we heal and get sent home... usually

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

okay, my second day for the novena is said...Hugs, Mazy