Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• apple
    apple Member Posts: 1,466
    edited August 2009
    Options

Dear Lord

have mercy on those who suffer.  give them peace and healing, especially Heidi.

thank you for this day you've given me.

• AnnNYC
    AnnNYC Member Posts: 236
    edited August 2009
    Options

Prayers to Saint Peregrine, Saint Agatha, and my favorite prayer to Mary, on behalf of Stephanie (TripleNeg), Heidi, Laura, Teresa, and all in need of prayer:

Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary,
    that never was it known
    that anyone who fled to your protection,
    implored your help
    or sought your intercession,
    was left unaided.

Inspired by this confidence,
    I fly unto you,
    O Virgin of virgins, my Mother;
    to you do I come,
    before you I stand,
    sinful and sorrowful.

O Mother of the Word Incarnate,
    despise not my petitions,
    but in your mercy hear and answer me.

Amen.

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited August 2009
    Options

The Memorare!  Thank you for reminding me of this beautiful prayer.  I pray for all of us in the name of Jesus and our Blessed Mother.  God give us the strength to get through this and keep our hearts and minds on the HIm and not caught up with the things of this world.  I recently moved (due to being out of work from bad side effects) and now I am grateful to have my little condo and have tried to simplify my life.  It isn't always easy, I STILL have not gone back to church (can you help me here my BC friends?).  I pray

Love,

Ellen

• artemis
    artemis Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 2 for Heidi, Teresa and Stephanie/TripleNeg.  Lord, please send healing to their bodies and comfort to their souls and minds.  I ask that you grant Stephanie's request for a pain-free weekend.  Thank you for this wonderful site and my sisters here.  In the name of Jesus, Amen.

• Angel10
    Angel10 Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2009
    Options

Come Home, Ellen...

Jesus has His arms opened waiting to hold you in them....

The Blessed Mother is pointing the way to Him....

Your sisters here are praying for you...

Go....run!

Angel

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 8......God bless all the ladies here. Hugs, Mazy

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited August 2009
    Options

In Jesus name for Heidi. Thank you St Peregrine.

Amen,!

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Ellen, I am so happy the Lord guided you here. HOW WONDERFUL!

He is calling you back through this site. WOW..how exciting for you !!!!!! Wahooooooooooooooooo

Forget the people at Mass forget the Church that you go into... just go this Sunday or Sat. night.. just to say..."hello" and thank Him for loving you so much. You have this little miracle happening for you.. I hate to say.. I am a little envious ( confession here I come)... you are so so blessed and I for one, will be praying you step out of the condo this weekend and go " hang" with Jesus at Mass....

Love to you sister!

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here.

• artemis
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 3...for Heidi, Teresa, and Stephanie.  Jesus, I love you so much.  Thank you for the gift of salvation and for hearing our prayers for our precious sisters.  Holy Spirit, thank you for wrapping us in your comfort and reminding us that we are loved.  Thank you, St. Peregrine, for interceding on our behalf.  Amen.

Sisters, may I share a prayer that was sent to me by a cousin?  She sent it to me while I was in chemo, and I read it aloud everyday during that time.

"Give Me Victory"
    Jesus, I will never really know the price You paid on the cross so that I could live a life of victory.  You willingly suffered the nails of the cross for me.  So when I'm overwhelmed by the pain and problems that come my way, remind me that You are my God, my Deliverer, my Saviour and my reason to live.  Grant me victory over my fears.  Open my eyes so that I can see Your face instead of my fear.  Let me find rest for my weary soul in Your presence.  Make a way where there seems to be no way.  Thank You that I am not alone.  You are always with me and constantly working on my behalf.  I praise You that I can be victorious in every area of my life because I am Yours.  In Your name, Amen.
    Love,
    Your princess, who will triumph through this trial

(Laura ~ please let me know if this prayer isn't appropriate for this particular thread, and I will remove it.)

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Artemis,

That is a beautiful prayer! I am going to cut and paste it for my own files!

Thanks for sharing!

God Bless!

Angel

• mmm5
    mmm5 Member Posts: 797
    edited August 2009
    Options

Artemis

Why would this beautiful prayer not be appropriate, silly! It is just wonderful and made my day! Thanks for being with us and sharing, we are blessed to have you as part of this thread>

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Artemis.. why would I not like that prayer.. sister.. you do not have to remove it.. it was lovely. Catholics have many set prayers.. that were passed down through time.. but we also talk to the Lord.. like a friend . One on one.

That was lovely.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

In Jesus name, for Heidi.. amen

• Mazy1959
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 9........I prayed for all of us to be blessed and to recieve God's favor of health, wealth and happiness. Hugs, Mazy

• artemis
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you, everyone.  I'm glad you like the prayer, and I thought you would; I just wanted to be sure it was ok for this thread as I didn't want to intrude on the novena. 
    Smile

• nonijones333
    nonijones333 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2009
    Options

God Bless all my dear sisters. Praying along with all the Saints especially St Peregrin for all our Stage 4 sisters. Hear our prayers, continueing for Heidi, Stephanie, Thesesa, Laura and all our special intentions, IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF JESUS

HOLY GOD, HOLY IMORTAL ONE, HOLY MIGHTY ONE, HAVE MERCY ON US AND ON THE WHOLE WORLD, FOR THE SAKE OF HIS SORROWFUL PASSION HAVE MERCY ON US.

AMEN

• Mary22
    Mary22 Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2009
    Options

I just found this thread. I too am Catholic and it has been my Catholic faith that has helped me through my life. If not for my faith, I would have fallen apart after my mom passed away 32 yrs ago. I looked at as God calling her home and He gave me my wonderful Grandma to raise us. I always look at our triala and tribulations as our crosses to bare.

I teach 5th grade CCD, this will be my second year. Last year God gave me the strenght to show up each and every Sunday, even as I was going thru surgery and TX. He has been at my side thru my entire life and esp now thru this journey.

I too prayer everynite and will add this Novena.

• artemis
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 4 for Heidi, Teresa and Stephanie.  In Jesus' name, Amen.

• DenverDiva
    DenverDiva Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2009
    Options

Wow ladies, I just found this thread, and I love it!  I just spent quite a long time reading thru many of the postings and was so inspired.  I too am a Catholic, and I too have had so many good people of all faiths praying for me.  What a blessing.  I have found that thru my journey, when I can do nothing else for my family and for all of the people who have helped me I can pray for them, and for all cancer survivors everywhere.  I found a beautiful article in Liguorian magazine with "pink prayers" and information about "pink masses" which some parishes hold in October.  It was the Sept/Oct '08 issue.  I can't locate it at this moment, but when I do I will add a really beautiful prayer to this thread.  I think Liguorian publishes a whole book of "pink prayers".  I just love that you are all out there sisters.  I hate that we are all going through this, but knowing that we can pray for one another, and keep our energy positive is a good thing. 

May God bless all who suffer, and all who fear, may He raise us up and hold us near.  In Jesus' name, Amen. 

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Welcome DenverDiva....we are truly blessed to have you share our faith during this walk! 

I would like to share with everyone how I felt, what I thought when I was first diagnosed....my thought was," I will offer up this suffering to be joined with the suffering of Christ in reparation for my sins, the sins of my family and those of the whole world."  I have not regretted one sickness, pain, uncertainty, exhaustion, unknowing....I offer it all up for God to do with it as He sees fit. I believe if it is experienced in this way, there is so much goodness that will come out of it!!  How wonderful is it that He will use our suffering as prayers offered up for others??  I may not know it until I meet Him face to face, but I feel certain that He accepts it and will use it as He sees fit.  That is an answer to my prayer that I know is answered on a daily basis.  He asks us to pick up our cross, walk with Him, so that we will experience life everlasting.  And we say, "AMEN!" 

God Bless!

Angel

• DenverDiva
    DenverDiva Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2009
    Options

Dear Angel, thank you.  I agree with you, our suffering offered up to join with the suffering of Christ is right.  I believe that God has a plan and He will use it as He sees fit.  We do not suffer in vain.  I KNOW that my journey has been made easier because of the prayers of people I don't even know.  I also KNOW that some how my prayers are joining with all of yours to ease the way for others, some of whom don't even know that this journey is in their future. I believe that there was divine intervention in my finding my lump at such an early stage.  I had never bothered with a mammogram (I was 44 when I found the lump).  I had ILC which is harder to DX, but I found it so early, and even though the mammogram didn't show it I had a good Dr. who figured it out.  I am truly blessed, we all are.  I am so thankful for this thread.  Bless you all!

• Mazy1959
    edited August 2009
    Options

Welcome Arte and Denver. Hoping God keeps you all safe and happy today..Hugs, Mazy

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here.

• mmm5
    mmm5 Member Posts: 797
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hello Ladies

Just wanted to check in and say I went to mass this morning, even when I am feeling not my best or not my most connected attending mass and seeing the grace of the people and traditions and music just make me feel at home. If you are ever feeling poorly in any way try to go and attend mass and just sit, I wasn't even sure what to pray today just felt prayed out so i listened and the Grace of God was there everywhere I looked. Sometimes we just need to receive and that is ok.

Be Well

• artemis
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 5 for Heidi, Teresa and Stephanie. 

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

for Heidi, in Jesus name.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

sisters... update...

The woman I ask you to pray for named Pam.. remember?

Well, I wanted you to know that her problem was taken care of... a lump under her arm..GONE. She said it took about  ((((( 9 ))))) days... 9 days...

God is good!

• Angel10
    edited August 2009
    Options

Yee haw!

God is good...all the time! :)

Thanks Laura!

Angel