Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Catholics

Options

Comments

• mmm5
    mmm5 Member Posts: 797
    edited August 2009
    Options

Hi Dear Friends

May I ask for your prayers again, I had my regular check up but my TM's were higher still in normal range and probably just fine but they had elevated and it scared me to death. I just think  the anxiety gets too much for me. It seems like something is always there to worry about. I think all is ok but there is always a question. Just feel better being a part of this thread family

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

mmm, I will keep you in my prayers. Mine have gone up but still in normal range before also. It ended up being from tumor flare which is good. As the treatment was working it caused the markers to rise temporarily. They were up for a couple months and then went back down and have been there ever since. Hugs, Mazy

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited August 2009
    Options

estepp,

glad your friend is better..Hugs, Mazy

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here.

I'm so glad to hear the good news and that God is listening to our prayers.

mmm5, I've had TMs rise within normal range, too. And then go back down. I'll say an extra prayer for you today.

• Mary22
    Mary22 Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2009
    Options

Laura, glad your friend is better. I stronly believe in the power of prayer!

• DenverDiva
    DenverDiva Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2009
    Options

I started the novena yesterday!  I was so inspired by the readings at Mass yesterday, and prayed for all of us on this thread.  I pray that all is well with all of you.

Saint Peregrine pray for us.

Dona Nobis Pacem

• nonijones333
    nonijones333 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2009
    Options

WONDERFUL NEWS..Estepp. MMM you are going to be fine. Look at your wonderful prognosis, stage one, 0 nodes, very unlikely that TM would be anything of concern. I will pray that you obtain the PEACE AND BLESSED ASSURANCE,that you are going to be just fine. I will never forget the day I asked the Lord to guide me and I wanted a sign (shame on me, you know what the Bible says about those who look for a sign, I guess HE just knew who he was dealing with, I always have this arguement with HIM that being a Potter he created a Crack Pot in me) well I opened my Bible to Psalm 91 (at that time I was not familiar with the Bible 22 years ago) well there it was, "I WILL SATISFY YOU WITH LONG LIFE AND YOU WILL BEHOLD MY SALVATION". okay works for me, Amen

Continuing to pray for all my sisters

• mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thank you so much ladies I am just crying right now with the support you give!

I just love you all so much! I hate being this scared can not enjoy my life and just need guidance on that piece more than anyting. I know God brought me to this thread. NoniJones please keep coming back and telling us how you got there it really helps.

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Sorry for the dumb question, I assume TM refers to tumor markers, but I do not know what they are.  Thanks and God Bless all of us!
  • mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

Tumor Markers

• nonijones333
    nonijones333 Member Posts: 71
    edited August 2009
    Options

mmm, so many many women go on to live long active lives after breast cancer, and you will be one of them. The women here are all new to breast cancer or are in need of support for various reasons. Remember 200,000 women a year are diagnosed. A very few of them are here.

If you need GOD's peace and assurance, then keep praying without ceasing, HE will answer you. Remember my Psalm 91. "HE SHALL CALL UPON ME, AND I WILL ANSWER HIM, I WILL BE WITH HIM IN DISTRESS, I WILL DELIVER HIM AND GLORIFY HIM.

May you rest tonight in HIS BLESSED ASSURANCE

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited August 2009
    Options

Amen

• mmm5
    edited August 2009
    Options

So I just love you gals. Nonijones sometimes I just need a good talking to and you just did it thank you thank you! You are right of course and I just needed to be reminded you are AWESOME!

Estepp yesterday the priest reminded us in mass that when Jesus says AMEN AMEN it means :"are you listening, thy be done" and so it is so appropriate that you say "amen" after nonijones post. You all are just right on!

Estepp I have so much pain from chemo and AI's I have had 3 MRI's and all NED, I am only 43 so it is discouraging but  METS usually does not present first as a bunch of pain and you are not yet done with Herceptin (I don;t think) so I really doubt you have that type of issue. You know your body best and if you are tapped in spiritually your soul will let you know what is going on, which it has and told you it was the RADS.

BE WELL ALL.

Michelle

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Thanks Michelle.. I know it is rads... and I am erked... He actually told me that he does not want to start me on Oxycotin ( sp) yet... WHAT...????????????? I do not want THAT anyway... Lord have Mercy...

• artemis
    artemis Member Posts: 105
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 6 for Heidi, Teresa and Stephanie.

Laura ~ That is beyond awesome about your friend Pam.

• DenverDiva
    edited August 2009
    Options

I found my Liguorian magazine, yeah!

Here is one of the prayers I wanted to share:

God,

Please give me the strength to fight and the strength to heal.  Please watch over my children; allow them the courage to endure the stages of my healing.  Thank you for your loving support and for the encouragement from those around me.  And guard my sense of humor so I can maintain balance.

Amen

by Katherine Welsh, Survivor

I have just really appreciated that prayer as I have been recovering from surgery, which has been hard for me but equally hard for my husband and kids.  Now I am waiting for my oncotype to decide on chemo, I am sure I will keep praying this prayer for a long time still.

God Bless & have a wonderful day,

Susan

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

I pray today to St. Peregrine for his intercession with Our Lord on behalf of all here.

• artemis
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 7 for Heidi, Teresa and Stephanie. 

• Angel10
    Angel10 Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2009
    Options

Starting the Novena again today, for all our intentions and for Laura to have a positive resolution from her pain.

God Bless!

Angel

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

For Heidi, in Jesus name.

Angel, I hope you are doing well... with the new set... ( wink)

God is good all the time!

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

MMM... Michelle.. :)

You ARE going to be fine... the fear is holding us back from livin' some days and it is nuts isn't it..

The Lords loves us all SO much ladies. He really does.

It is very Awesome about Pam.. you are right.. I found it just wonderful that she wrote.. " it was about 9  days.. and the lump was gone"... this was the lump that gave her fear... WAHOOOOOOO

Bless you ladies and thank you for the extra prayers!

• rosemary-b
    rosemary-b Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2009
    Options

I am new to this thread but need somewhere where peace and God's love are important. In the last 2 1/2 years since I have been diagnosed I have prayed a lot to the Blessed Mother St. Peregrin, St. Anthony (to find the things I lose due to chemo brain), St Camalus(patron of doctors) my guardian angel and every other saint I can think of. It all helps. I have great admiration for all of you who can pray novenas. I never make nine days, even though I pray several times a day. You are all in my prayers.

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

Rosemary... WELCOME...

set your alarm for the same time everyday... to do the 9 days. Then, you will get into a habit...

God Bless...

God is good all the time....

Help us all Father Listen and trust. Thank you!

• rosemary-b
    rosemary-b Member Posts: 57
    edited August 2009
    Options

Estepp

Alarm clock. What a great idea. Thank you. God bless

• Mary22
    Mary22 Member Posts: 428
    edited August 2009
    Options

Amen and blesses to all.

• nancyd
    edited August 2009
    Options

• Angel10
    Angel10 Member Posts: 347
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 2 for all my BCO intentions...

Amen

Angel

• Estepp
    edited August 2009
    Options

For Heidi... In Jesus name..

Thank you St Peregrine For praying praying Heidi and interceding on her part.Amen

• artemis
    edited August 2009
    Options

Day 8 for Heidi, Teresa and Stephanie.  Jesus, I praise you!  Amen.

• DenverDiva
    edited August 2009
    Options

St. Peregrine pray for us.