Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Texas

Options

Comments

• llr010200
    llr010200 Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2012
    Options

Neither do I so I concur with Cheri.

• Cherilynn64
    Cherilynn64 Member Posts: 156
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hi ladies,

I'm asking again for a recommendation - anyone have a good general family practice/internal medicine doctor they'd recommend? I'm due for just a regular annual checkup and I would like to get a good doctor for that as well. 

I contacted and brought my records to a medical oncologist with Texas Oncology at Baylor in Dallas and is a part of the same practice as a couple of the oncologists several of you recommended. I hope they can get me in soon, need to call them back again.

Thanks for those recommendations and any you can give me on a GP :-)

Cheri

• Chrisrenee77
    Chrisrenee77 Member Posts: 693
    edited November 2012
    Options

cheri- are you looking for a GP or for Gyn?

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited November 2012
    Options

I can't help on one, but I'd see who is available there around Baylor if you are going to use an onc over there. Besides, I just know you're going to fall in love with Lakewood, Casa Linda or Forest Hills and end up living in wonderful East Dallas so it will be convenient:).

By the way, I briefly saw Dr Oh at Texas Oncology Baylor when I was hospitalized for ovarian cancer. He was very kind and went out of his way to help organize charity care for me as I was uninsured. I'm pretty sure he is only gyn/onc though.

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

ChrisRenee  - a general family practice doctor. Of if there is an OB GYN who does internal medicine also that would cover both bases. My primary care doc back in Phoenix was internal medicine but she also had a specialty in women's health, so I used her for both regular checkup and gyn annual checkup. Of course this was pre-cancer days when I saw a doc once a year and was like, yeah, I'm fine, etc....now it's like ok how many docs do I see and when? LOL.

MelissaDallas - I love Lakewood already! I was going to sing at St Thomas Aquainas but there is a similar parish only 3 miles from me right now in N Dallas St Rita so I'm there for now. I don't know where for sure I'll end up - Lakewood is for sure nice :-)

• Chrisrenee77
    edited November 2012
    Options

cheri- There is an Internal Medicine Dr. Lowell Phips in Lewisville/Highland Village area. Or in the Denton area Jaspaul Bhangoo (speaks perfect english). Dr B is amazing, I love him, his staff is something to be desired, but I have them pretty scared of me. lol

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

Chrisrenee - thanks! I will check them both out and see who has an opening first - appreciate the recommendation! :-)

Cheri

• spicedlife
    spicedlife Member Posts: 79
    edited November 2012
    Options

I don't know an internist but I do have a female doctor who is very nice and takes time to listen.  Her name is Valerie Peterson and she works out of Baylor Mesquite. 

• spicedlife
    edited November 2012
    Options

BTW, hi y'all, my name is Jenny and I live in Sachse TX.  I sure am glad to find this thread.  I was wondering where on earth all the Texans are! 

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

Hi Jenny and glad to meet you!

Thanks for the recommendation - I looked her up and she's family practice so that's fine. I was looking for general doctor to have as a "regular" base doctor, so I usually pick GP/FP/Internal med. I apreciate all the names because not all of them take new patients and some have long wait lists to get first appt, so I take everyone's recommendations and just start going down the list. 

Glad you found us!!

"Texas forever,"

Cheri

• spicedlife
    edited November 2012
    Options

Okay girls, I just read the part about a meet up at Grapevine Mills, It sounds great!  Please let me know when the date is.  I am cool with spouse or no spouse!  I live in Sachse and Grapevine mills is not that far (maybe 40 mins.)

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

I'm still up for it too!

Cheri

• Chrisrenee77
    edited November 2012
    Options

Jenny- us Texas chicks are HERE! Lol

I am still wanting a meet up ad well. I was wanting the weekend after thanksgiving, but that doesn't give me much time to prepare for my surgery that following Tuesday. Could we maybe work on something after the first of the year??? Yall let me know.

• New-girl
    New-girl Member Posts: 80
    edited November 2012
    Options

My spouse would not want to come...especially to a mall with a bunch of women to talk about our experiences.  The thought of it would probably undo him.  Just saying.  My vote is we come alone and enjoy just talking without fear of our girl time boring our hubbies or other significant others.

I vote with meet in early January.  A huge toast to the new year.  Let's find a great place to eat and visit.

• spicedlife
    edited November 2012
    Options

I am with Grt!Cool

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

Sounds good to me! After the first of the year let's try to centrally meet up - Grapevine sounds fine. Hopefully I'll be working by then, too.

Cheri

• llr010200
    llr010200 Member Posts: 34
    edited November 2012
    Options

Sounds good to me as well.

• Sherryc
    Sherryc Member Posts: 4,503
    edited November 2012
    Options

Welcome Jenny--wish I live closer to Dallas and could meet up with you chicks.

• spicedlife
    edited November 2012
    Options

Thank you Sherry,  That is my sisters name too.  Where exactly is Gonzales, TX? 

• Sherryc
    edited November 2012
    Options

jenny I am an hour south of austin.

• loriio
    loriio Member Posts: 55
    edited November 2012
    Options

Sherry- my aunt teaches school in Gonzales.

I am having my exchange surgery next week so I may not be able to meet anytime soon. I thought about seeing who could meet this coming weekend but my son's play is going to state on Saturday!

Has anyone seen the Chihuly exhibit at the arboretum yet? I'm anxious to go but not sure it's worth the drive.

Lori

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lori I saw the Chihuly exhibit in Phoenix before I moved here, and apparently it followed me here LOL....I thought it was beautiful and I would recommend it.

Congrats to your son on playing at state!

Cheri

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited November 2012
    Options

lori i havent seen the ehibit there but i have seen a lot of his other ones and YES totally worth the drive!

cheri-  lol i think you followed it! his work was here in TX before it was in AZ-  i remember when they installed a piece at the libaray here in San Antonio... and if memeory serves me right he had an exhibit at the desert garden in phoenix.... well he probably has more than that!!!!!

I am orignally from WA as is he and they have this awesome glass blowing school on the tacoma waterfront area and it was neat (not tomention a million degrees) where you can sit and watch the students creating things, they have seats all set up so you can enjoy the "show". we went once and this young guy was making a wine glass and as he was trying to seperate it from the main blob it BROKE!

• Sherryc
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lori who is your Aunt?  This is a small town so I probably know her.

• braids3
    braids3 Member Posts: 131
    edited November 2012
    Options

is anyone going to the symposium in SA in Dec?

• loriio
    edited November 2012
    Options

Sherry- Sue Smith. She is an elementary teacher.

• texasrose361
    texasrose361 Member Posts: 895
    edited November 2012
    Options

braids i didnt think it was open to the public.... just drs or med students- but i may be wrong

• Sherryc
    edited November 2012
    Options

Lori her name sounds very familiar will have to ask some of my teacher friends.

• loriio
    edited November 2012
    Options

Sherry-she actually lives in Luling but taught in Gonzales for years. She might have retired this year.

• Cherilynn64
    edited November 2012
    Options

TexasRose - LOL, I probably DID follow the exhibit then, ha! Too funny!

Crazy things happening - my house in Phoenix has a firm offer put on it. After 3 1/2 weeks! Earnest money down, inspection on my house was done yesterday, appraisal is today, and the buyer is already preapproved for the loan. We're hoping to close before Dec 31 for both our sakes. Well - turns out, I KNOW the buyer. He and I sang in our community choir together! He left in 2006 but just moved back with a new wife and stepkids. Was renting a house and wanted to buy one. Neither of us knew the identity of each other till yesterday and we now both know. Unreal. And my realtor is in the choir as well, so we're hoping things go nice and friendly for all. We all seem to be working well together on both sides, so that's good. And I know the house is going to a nice family, so I'm relieved.

Second - same suburb....is where the 2nd Powerball millionaire got the other winning ticket. I can't believe it! I lived there 12 years, I move and 5 weeks later, someone in town wins $300 million! WOW! We only have the one gas station in town, so we all went there. And that's where the winner got the ticket. So I possibly know the winner of that too. Haven't heard the identity yet. I'm hoping it's another choir member, lol, so I can plead my case to them as to why I should have a cut of the pie, HA! Kidding :-)  I'm happy for whoever it is!

Still job hunting like crazy here.....hope everyone is doing well!