Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Stitching the pieces together

Options

Comments

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    edited October 2016
    Options

I took up coloring as a stress reliever and this one is up over my home office desk.

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited October 2016
    Options

Wow! That is beautiful! I tried coloring but it's not my thing but I really do appreciate others skill at it.

I've been making dreamcatchers and when I get a chance I'll take some pics to share.

• gmafoley
    edited October 2016
    Options

Chrissy - My granddaughter and I made some dreamcatchers last year when she came to stay with her dad.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2016
    Options

That's really pretty Gma!

• gmafoley
    edited October 2016
    Options

Here is a quilt I made for my granddaughter. She wanted a quilt that had her and her moms favorite colors.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    edited October 2016
    Options

Pretty! That will brighten up a room.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited October 2016
    Options

gma, nice jelly roll quilt.

• chrissyb
    edited October 2016
    Options

Niiiice! I'm using similar colors to do a quilt for my niece.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2016
    Options

Hello all. I am still here and I will post some of the things I have been doing. Haven't been great for a while- non cancer troubles. Chrissy told me this thread was all go again.

Will spend some time reading and seeing what you girls have been doing.

• wren44
    edited October 2016
    Options

Alyson, Good to see you. Can't wait to see what you've been up to.

• Alyson
    Alyson Member Posts: 3,737
    edited October 2016
    Options

My Grandaughter wanted me to make Kate an Anne of Green Gables outfit. This is what I came up with.

• gmafoley
    edited October 2016
    Options

Very nice Alyson! Haven't made doll clothes in a long time myself.

• chrissyb
    edited February 2017
    Options

I know it's been some time but finally a quilt topper to show! I was just doing the sandwich when i took this.

Aly is coming to visit in a few weeks and is going to show me how to machine quilt this so it's onto the second so it can be at the same stage.

Hope everyone has been busy with their crafting!

Lovenn hugs. Chrissy

• melissadallas
    melissadallas Member Posts: 929
    edited February 2017
    Options

It's beautiful Chrissy. The machine quilting is my least favorite part, but just because it takes a lot of practice and I am mercilessly critical of myself. I see every tiny flaw and everyone else thinks it's lovely. Even imperfect quilting is pretty much unnoticeable once the quilt is washed and crinkles up

• chrissyb
    edited February 2017
    Options

There are a few wonky lines in this, only one that my eye automatically goes to, but because my niece wants pictures of her sleepy toy on it as well I think i will cover the flaws with them. I usually incorporate photographs into the quilt but because they are of her sleepy toy, there will come a time when she outgrows it so to make the quilt be more usable I decided to make the pics removable. Once they are complete I'll take more pics and post.

• melissadallas
    edited February 2017
    Options

Great idea with the pictures

• melissadallas
    edited February 2017
    Options

I just started one of these, but with only two colors-pale robin's egg blue & white. Only one simple nine patch block pattern. The placement of them makes the neat pattern.

• chrissyb
    edited February 2017
    Options

Wow! Gorgeous pattern! Love your colors of pale duck egg blue and white, I hope you are going to post a pic.

Can you share that pattern? The second quilt im doing is a disappearing nine patch but rather than make the sashing block neutral I am reversing and making that the strong with the corner patches in much softer plains anf the center one complimentary. I'll take some pics of the blocks and then when I've cut them. My test block looks pretty good....lol.

• melissadallas
    edited February 2017
    Options

Chrissy, these pics are all I have. I'm making each piece of the nine patch 3 1/2" for a 9" finished block. Layout 8x8 rows. I think I'll stick a border on it to enlarge it a little.image

• chrissyb
    edited February 2017
    Options

Oh that's cool! I can see how the block is constructed with this, thanks. I'll save the pic to my files and then print it.

I have a load of scrap so the one I will do when I'm finished with the girls ones is a scrap quilt which I will donate to our local historical railway station to raffle off so we can raise some much needed funds.........beside that it will clear some space for me.....lol.

• kelly32773
    kelly32773 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2017
    Options

This is one of the first quilts I ever made. Raffled it off for a Breast Cancer Awareness fund raiser that we had a few years ago.

• kelly32773
    kelly32773 Member Posts: 13
    edited March 2017
    Options

And this is One that I am working on now.

• eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    edited March 2017
    Options

those are very pretty!

• chrissyb
    edited March 2017
    Options

Kelly, wow girl on that first quilt! Fantastic! The one you are working on now is lovely!

I have completed the top for the second quilt and will make the sandwich this afternoon so I will take a pic to share then. I'm quite pleased at how its turned out.

Hey Eph, long time no see!

Love n hugs all! Chrissy

• Smaarty
    edited March 2017
    Options

I finally got a couple UFOs done at a sewing retreat.

• chrissyb
    edited March 2017
    Options

OMG Smarty!!! They are just stunning!!! Beautiful, beautiful work!!

• melissadallas
    edited March 2017
    Options

Smaarty, is the yellow a One Block Wonder? I love it. My teacher does a OBW class, but it always seems to be on a day/time I can't go. It is on my one-of-these days list. Yellow & orange are my faves

• Smaarty
    edited March 2017
    Options

yes Melissa, OBW. Much easier than I expected. Watch Utube to see how. And thanks

• wren44
    edited March 2017
    Options

Boy it doesn't look easy at all. Really beautiful.

• chrissyb
    edited March 2017
    Options

Well girls quilt topper number two done, sandwiched and ready for the quilting.