Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Thank you 3jays...Anything that reminds us of our sweet marybe will do...you can pick them out if you want and if its just easier....I would so appreciate it.

Lago sent a link on how to post pics.im gonna see if i can do it but i know i will not figure it out by tomorrow

thank you,thank you and once again thank you.

hugggggggggs K

And Chevy dont you dare tell these wonderful sistas my name!!!!!love ya ...all of you K

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    so, HERE WE GO LADIES....
  • LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

Roses in Parc Monceau, Paris, at the end of May - to honor Marybe and the trip she had planned to Europe.  I'm sure she would have strolled through this park during her trip.  Peace and love to Marybe's family and friends.

• LuvRVing
    LuvRVing Member Posts: 2,409
    Options

Several years ago we took a trip to the Land Between The Lakes. Here's our dog Bailey (a rescue dog who was with us for ten years before he died) hanging out at the campground. I miss him a lot, and we'll all miss Marybe and her enthusiasm for life.

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

The party for Marybe is today. Here is the email from Tim. 

I'm just now leaving to
    pick up Marybe's niece at the airport and then head for Portsmouth.  Thank
    you so much for having been a great friend to Marybe.  She loved you very
    much.  I will convey your wishes to Doc this evening. 

We are going to have a balloon launch at 5:00pm right after the party in Marybe's honor.  There
    will be 100 purple balloons going up.  I am going to video it and will
    post it on my YouTube channel for all to view.

Thanks again Barbara,
    Love, Tim

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options

Marybe liked her sweets.  It's probably a form of rebellion when you are a dentist's kid!  Wink   I know she liked the "old tyme" candies like we had when we were kids.  The time I met her, we stopped in a bulk store and she got some salt water taffy.  She let me pick out all the molasses ones because they were my favorite.  I think she liked the black and white licorice ones best.

When I try to picture her memorial party in my mind's eye...I see a few discreetly placed bowls of salt water taffy, set out for her friends.  

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    Untitled
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
      A candle from ALL of us here for Marybe.. ths one will stay lit in our hearts, forever...
  • badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

Here's a pic of Marybe's fabulous cheese fondue. 

A tasty treat for the Shell Knob gang! 

I always think of Marybe when I buy Gruyère now.

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Marybe, you were and still are an inspiration to us all.  I loved your feistiness, your courage, your helpfulness and encouragement, and especially your slightly wicked sense of humor!  It is my joy to have crossed your path and I'll never forget you.

Kathy

• badger
    badger Member Posts: 24,938
    Options

Here's Marybe and a few of the Shell Knob gang at the "Shakin' in the Shell" community festival.   There were arts & crafts (as a souvenir, I bought a lovely color photo taken in the nearby Mark Twain National Forest), a classic car show, and an ugly dog contest to benefit the local animal shelter.  Was this really a year ago already?

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

Dearest Marybe

Words cannot express how you touched my heart.

I will always remember how you offered to come to NY and bring me to the reunion that I never went to.

Because I couldnt sit or stand I missed the opportunity of meeting you in person.

Fly with the Angels.

Grannydukes.

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    marybecookingforaparty.jpg image by 3jaysmomhe
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME!
  • macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200
    Options
    marybe you are our treasure now. your presence will be with us as we continue to remember your unfailing encouragement, uplifting optimism, and unflagging spirit. 
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

Marybe, I am so thankful to have "met" you.  I wish Tim & your Dad peace & comfort & for those of left behind I hope that your kindness & thoughtfulness can be the attributes of you we all will attempt to pay forward.  You girl, are a wonderful example & I miss you!

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    from Lost
    Creek :
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    i always have cut flowers, and marybe liked it bc my hubs gave them to me.. this is the candle and flowers we've had since her passing....
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    this is the chair on m patio that marybe sat in everyday.. sadly, empty now. plants are : a passiflora, which she fell in love with when here, and a pair of mixed hibiscus.. as long as they are in my Garden, she'll never be gone.....3jays
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options

yesterday, when we bought it, this hibiscus didn't have any blooms.. today, one opened for Marybe. i think she's still watching over me.. at least, I hope she is..

Miss you, dear marybe...3jays

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    as many candles as I could find: from all of us.. to Daddy and Tim in remembreance of our Beloved sister.. MARYBE...
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    THIS WAS THE GODIVA bOX SHE LOVED.. TIM, SHE WAS SO PROUD OF IT, AND LOVED IT....
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    I believe they met her, and they "crossed over" together.. sadly Brattie , and Harley will have to go on without her...
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    marybe and her sister many moons ago.. she will miss her...
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    Daddy, her sister, and Marybe...