Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options

Comments

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
    CHEERS
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
  • 3jaysmom
    Options
      LOVE YOU ALWAYS MARYBE..................
  • Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

So long Marybe!  Thanks for being there.......

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    FLY WITH THE ANGELS, DEAR FRIEND.........
  • elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options

I love Marybe's old home, and the antique furniture that she told me came from numerous relatives.   She had an appreciation for vintage items.  Even with "chemo brain," she liked to go down memory lane and post on the "Middle-Aged Memories" thread.  (If you search out her name, on that particular thread, you will see she had a great many memories from her childhood.)

Not too long after I met her on here, she told me she was watching a marathon of old Twilight Zone episodes.  We remembered a few of the same episodes, but then we both got confused about if they were all Twilight Zone, or if some were One Step Beyond.  It didn't surprise me one bit that she created the thread called, "Watching anything good this season?"  She was quite an avid fan of many HBO shows, and a few of us converted her into a "Breaking Bad" fan too.  (I was thinking of her when they had the season finale of that on the Sunday night she was in the hospital.  Would have liked to have read comments from her about that cliffhanger.)   

Well, I'm just writing some random things to share about her, with others from BCO.  Someone said her family will get to read this thread, but I am not sure how that will be accomplished exactly.  If her family does read this, I would want them to know she was a special friend to me...one of the few BCO members that I have met IRL, and the honor was all mine. 

-----------------

p.s.  I am making her recipe for Sauerkraut Ball tonight.  Seems like I should be serving her German Potato Salad along with that, but I don't have her recipe.

p.p.s.  Badger, looks like you had a funny "Little Pink Dog" following you around Shell Knob.  It's a wonder no one picked up any pink fleas off that mutt.

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    Options

I just wanted to pay my respects for Marybe.

She was a lady of courage, tolerance and openness. She welcomed and helped, comforted and celebrated with many, many women on this site. It didn't matter to her what stage they were or what their question, she answered with kindness and sincerity. I will always admire her giving and friendly nature. I never met her but she is a woman I will never forget. 

My very deep condolences to her husband, father, family and many friends for a very sad loss. 

Moira 

• 3jaysmom
    Options
  • ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

Some animal quotes in honor of Marybe's love for her pets:

"If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

"You can keep a dog; but it is the cat who keeps people, because cats find humans useful domestic animals."- George Mikes

"Dogs come when they're called. Cats take a message and get back to you."- Mary Bly

"Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't get eight cats to pull a sled through snow. "- Jeff Valdez

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."- Winston Churchill

"In order to keep a true perspective of one's importance, everyone should have a dog that will worship him and a cat that will ignore him." -- Dereke Bruce

"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult." -- Rita Rudner

"Be thou comforted, little dog, Thou too in Resurrection shall have a little golden tail."- Martin Luther

• Gingerbrew
    Gingerbrew Member Posts: 1,997
    Options

Oh Marybe, I looked for your posts whenever I came to BCO. Your wry sense of humor, your wisdom and groundedness were all gifts to me and the rest of us.  I always admired your energy and willingness to do whatever it took to engage with others and share a meal or an evening.  You didn't know how you were looked up to did you? 

I will miss you Marybe, I do miss you.

Love Ginger Innocent 

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

I said this before but I will say it again. I feel so lucky to have met, share emails, posts and PMs with Marybe. She found a permanent place in my heart the day I met her. I had finished chemo when we met. I remember her saying to me "I have a good feeling about you… you're going to make it." The first 2 pictures are from that evening in February 2010.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/LagoEnlishMajorMarybeAddey2242011.jpg

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i323/lauren3g/marybe2242011.jpg

Miss you Marybe.

My condolences to her husband, father and all the many good friends she has.

• 208sandy
    208sandy Member Posts: 582
    Options

While I never "met" Marybe I will keep her in my heart - she was a wonderful generous, sharing and kind person - I used to love to read her preparations for parties (for her Dad and for Christmas) - she had boundless energy and used it to make other people's lives just a little better - I don't know where she got the time but somehow she managed to take care of so many of us.  My sympathies to Tim, her Dad and all those who loved her.

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

Mods, can we know the total amount?

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    Options
  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

marlegal, head office will be pulling the donation data on Monday, so we'll have a total then.

(Deleting the odd duplicate post) 

• moderators
    Options

marlegal, head office will be pulling the donation data on Monday, so we'll have a total then.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options
  • hbcheryl
    Options
    I'm having trouble posting my picture, so I'll just say Marybe you were the most amazing kind helpful fun person, we miss you and you will always be in our hearts
  • hbcheryl
    Options

• hbcheryl
    Options

Sorry this seems to be the only way I can do this.

The rose is from my garden and is called "Brass Band" and Marybe today the band is playing for you.

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

I made my donation earlier this month but did not , could not post anything at the time. Marybe was an angel long before her passing. I had the good fortune of being with her on several occasions. She even visited my home and we went shopping together. She was such a blessing to all who knew her. I loved her and called her a dear friend, even though I only knew her 2 years, it felt like I had known her forever. She will forever be in my heart. Now it is time for me to try and follow her example and enjoy life and sharing with others.

• moderators
    Options

Hello All,

We wanted to let you know that as of September 14th, $1,806 has been donated to BCO in Marybe's honor! Unbelievable!! Wow!!!! Please, please start thinking about what Marybe would have appreciated to have done with this money on our boards (e.g. a "like" button?). We will naturalyl also contact her husband with this incredible show of love for Marybe to see if he can think of anything specific that she would have appreciated. Thank you, thank you, thank you ALL for your incredible outpouring of generousity, and love for Marybe! Let's make something wonderful happen with this money!! You are truly an amazing group of individuals!

Much Gratitude, 

Your Mods and the BCO Team 

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,962
    Options

The 'thank you' goes to Marybe.....but I believe that she would think this is pretty cool (and a better tribute to her than cut flowers  Smile).

• 3jaysmom
    Options
    i know you're right, Ruthbru.. thank you mods for thinking of what Marybe would want for that $$$, and for letting her family know...3jaysmom
  • Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    Options

I think we would all say, "Thank you Marybe"....  This was one way to thank her for always being there........Best wishes to her Dad and family.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

I would love to see even a small portion of the money to research...just a little bit.I think that Marybe would like that....of course 100% of whatever you donate only to research.

The rest should go here,,,remember I said a small portion!

What do you think?

• marlegal
    marlegal Member Posts: 1,482
    Options

Keeping the money within bco is important in my opinion. Not sure that encompasses research. This is the site where Marybe spent so much of her time with her old and new friends, and was something so close to her heart. Obviously I'm all for research, but I don't know ... somehow using our donations to BCO for that purpose just seems like it would be inconsequential in the overall scheme of things. I'm totally just free-flow thinking out loud here.

Mods - we're assuming you have her hub's address or a way to contact him? If not, I have his home addy but not an email if you need it.