Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In memory of Marybe

Options

Comments

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

The way it works now for posting pictures you have to use a 3rd party i.e. Picasoor Photobucket, to post pictures especially if you use Safari as your internet browser.  It would be nice if we could post pictures directly from our computer no matter what internet browser you use.  That would be a big change and make it so much easier.

• leez
    leez Member Posts: 12
    Options

I will try to get some pictures and post them- I have been sooo busy lately!!! Does anyone know how much money has been raised for BCO? How do I find this information? I'd like to share that info with her friends here in Cincy.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

leez, here's the post where we had an update on the donation total. Very impressive!

• The Mods

• leez
    leez Member Posts: 12
    Options

OMG!!!!! I will be sending an e-mail to all of her friends in cincy letting them know of the donation amount. We, too, experienced an outpouring of generosity when it came to her party- so much so that the funds were used to fully fund it, as she would have wished. We had more funds that are going to the animal shelter. I think you all know more than anyone what she would have liked the money to go toward so whatever you all do with it I am sure she would be touched.  So nice of you to include Tim in the equation as well. On behalf of Marybe, words cannot express our graditiude :)

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

Lee, hugs. Pal!

• elimar
    elimar Member Posts: 5,882
    Options
    Sometimes the shock of losing Marybe still hits me.  Sometimes it feel like she could be on a computer terminal somewhere just like always, but instead, she's gone.   It's hard to believe, and it has been one month now.
  • lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Me too. Just yesterday I was looking up a number on my cell phone… and there was Marybe's. Not ready to delete it. Not sure if I ever will. I have to admit although sad, I also smiled. I like remembering her.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

I was on fb today and she popped up as did i know any of her friends and if i would like to add more...

the hair stood up on my arms when i saw that picture.

Lookin at it makes me sooo sad.

• hbcheryl
    hbcheryl Member Posts: 4,164
    Options

grannydukes that has happened to me a couple of times, I have one fb friend from bco and Marybe was a friend of hers on fb and it popped up and asked me if I'd like to ask her to be my friend, it was right after she had passed, it was sad but it made me smile like she was out in the universe still reaching out.

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

i guess we're all feeling it.. marabe always sent "peeps" to DH murray, at Halloween.so, I found a really funny pic of peeps and made it my desktop.. we'll see how long it stays..

Had her pic up for a few days, but i just couldn't look at it, and know she's gone.. I even CALLED her the day we found out we have to move.. Thank goodness, I came to my sense , before Tim answered..its good to know I'm not alone.........3jays

• valjean
    valjean Member Posts: 1,110
    Options

Every time I get ready to watch a t.v. show I know Marybe really liked, Boardwalk Empire, for example, I think, "I'll have to get over to the 'what are you watching' thread to see what Marybe has to say about it, and then I remember........

• lago
    Options
    I'll be carrying her picture when I do the Strides Against Breast Cancer walk in 2 weeks. Our team is named "Illinois Ladies" after the thread here on this site where the team members met. Marybe came to Chicago and attended 2 of our Illinois Laides" dinners… so she became one of our non local Illinois Ladies. She deserves to walk with us.
  • eph3_12
    eph3_12 Member Posts: 2,704
    Options

Missing Marybe...

• elimar
    Options

I went to a costume party last night.  Then, this morning was remembering that Marybe loved costumes and had a whole trunk of them.  I wonder what kind of Halloween treats she was good at making?

• 3jaysmom
    3jaysmom Member Posts: 2,604
    Options

every halloween marybe would send us "peeps' and candied corn.. we bought some, and ate them, talking about how we miss her so...3jays

• barbaraa
    Options

missing my great friend Marybe.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

145 posts says something for Marybe. Everyone loved her.

Today we lost another wonderful sista...Low Rider..

Fly together with the angels.

Finda damn cure/vacine

• nativemainer
    nativemainer Member Posts: 7,811
    Options

Cry

• QCA
    QCA Member Posts: 1,150
    Options

Has anyone heard how Tim and Marybe's daddy are doing?  I think of them and know the Christmas season will be hard.

Kathy

• elimar
    Options

When you decorate your tree this year, put something up in remembrance of Marybe.  I was thinking a star, but anything sparkly would seem fitting.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,980
    Options

elimar, what a lovely way to remember and honor Marybe and her enduring sparkle!

• elimar
    Options

I think of her often.

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    Options

Me too.....she is so missed.

• enterline3000
    enterline3000 Member Posts: 1
    Options

Hi Everyone,

Here is a link to a video of the balloon launch we did for Marybe on 16 September right after her memorial party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ9YMmHtOy0

I want to extend my heartfelt thanks to all of you for supporting Marybe along her journey.  Your expressions of encouragement, hope, and caring meant more to her than I can express.

Marybe was such a good being.  She did truly love life and its simpler treasures.  Those who were fortunate to have known her were truly blessed.  I am sure that her spirit is out there looking on us and that she has finally found peace.

Thanks again everyone...!!!

Tim 

• macatacmv
    macatacmv Member Posts: 1,200
    Options

Thanks for sharing that Tim. we sure miss her here. I hope your holiday was ok. I know how hard they can be the first time without someone. Knowing that she is at peace and feeling her presence in your daily life will help you through, I pray.

• elimar
    Options

Tim, that short clip made me both smile and cry.  I liked the blast of the train horn as the balloons went up.  Thanks for posting.  Miss her!

• lago
    Options

Thanks Tim. I still have her phone number in my contact list on my phone. I smile when I see her name as I did watching the video.

* May offend some
    Don't hate me, and if Marybe is still reading this forum I know she'll be laughing that I said this, but the balloons with their tails did look a little like blue sperms at the end. Tongue Out

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,961
    Options

Thanks for the link. Very neat! I miss Marybe and her cookies too! Lago, I think she would get a kick out of the sperm Smile.

• Moiralf
    Moiralf Member Posts: 119
    Options

I miss her too.

I think about how she would respond to some things on this forum. She had such an amazing spirit. 

Moira

• barbaraa
    Options

Thanks Tim, I miss her every day. But she is with me in spirit as she is with us all. Happy New Year Marybe!