Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options

Comments

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,502
    Options

GmaFoley, good shot of the hawk and what a nice view!

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,888
    Options

Lisa, The birdwatchers in my family said it's a dark morph red tail.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

thanks Wren!

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Great shot Lisa! Our hawks are so hard to get. I never have my camera when I see them.

Here is a bird from Rwanda and I love their nests!

• wren44
    Options

I wonder how they keep everything from falling out? Impressive weaving.

• gmafoley
    Options

I don't know how unless there is a shelf in there haha

• gmafoley
    Options

Went on a drive for our 46th anniversary and got to play with lots of reflections - Here is 2 of many pictures

• wren44
    Options

Lovely scenes and Happy Anniversary.

• aussie-cat
    Options

GmaFoley, I was going to say the same thing as Wren. Happy Anniversary!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,775
    Options

GM beautiful pictures. Happy Anniversary!!!!!!

• socallisa
    Options

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY....

• aussie-cat
    Options

How are you doing, Nancy? Sending you hugs.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks Cathy. I am doing okay. Still jumping through legal hoops regarding my Mom's estate. I am having a CT of the abdomen and pelvis on Thursday. I have to drink two big containers of barium. Yummy!!! Hopefully the adrenal gland and the liver will be okay as these are the areas of concern. I hope you are doing okay and staying safe.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Hi Nancy, I'm glad you're doing okay but I'm sorry there are so many legal hoops regarding your Mom's estate. I hope your CT goes well and it's not too horrible drinking the barium. I hope your results are good - do you know when you'll find out?

I am very happy that our shops opened on Wednesday last week and we are down to no new cases of virus most days. There are still a number of restrictions but it's better than it was. We're allowed to go 25 kilometres from home, which is a lot further than 5kms. I have been in the process of applying for NDIS (National Disability Insurance Scheme), which has been very stressful. I have been successful but there's a big meeting next Monday where I have to say what support I want and why. I'm not good at talking to people I don't know, so it's quite hard for me.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Cathy, I hope your meeting goes well and that you can articulate your needs with confidence and clarity. You got this!!

I don't really know when I will find out results. Since my scan is not until 6PM on Thursday night I am not banking on finding out until probably some time next week. I am behind in my fall clean up outside so I will have plenty to do to be distracted.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Thanks, Nancy.

• gmafoley
    Options

A kingfisher (?) stood still long enough for me to get a picture of him.. This was on our drive to Winchester Bay.

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    Options
    Yes, belted kingfisher, one of my favorites. Great shot!
  • gmafoley
    Options

Have another bird shot - not sure what it is ;)

• peregrinelady
    peregrinelady Member Posts: 416
    Options
    GmaFoley, I believe that is a female loon. Another of my favorites!
  • socallisa
    Options

• aussie-cat
    Options

GmaFoley, nice bird photo with the calm lake.

Lisa, impressive owl photo.

• gmafoley
    Options

Very nice Owl Lisa!

• gmafoley
    Options

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Hi all. Enjoying all the pictures.

GM, you pic of the Belted Kingfisher I have heard described as a bird rocking an Elvis hair cut!

Lisa, great owl pic. That is on my bucket list to get one in the wild. I have several owl pics from a wildlife refuge but that is not the same excitement at all as getting on outside.

I have not received good news so far on my test results. They have discovered an ovarian cyst and an abnormal mass in my uterus. I have gone through some unpleasant tests and may have to have a pelvic MRI as some findings were not clear. I see my gyny tomorrow for further clarification. 2020 is turning out to be a very challenging year for me.

Cathy, how did your big meeting go? I hope well.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Hi Nancy, I'm really sorry this is such a hard year for you. I pray you don't have to have many more tests and they go okay, plus the findings are as good as possible and God gives you peace. How are you doing in your grieving about your mother?

Thanks for asking - the Planning Meeting on Monday went well but the lead up to it was incredibly stressful. Also, my Mum had a breast biopsy on Wednesday because her regular mammogram showed calcifications. She's had triple negative breast cancer twice (two primaries) and I so hope she doesn't have it again. She turned 80 last month.

• gmafoley
    Options

Wow it seems to be the year for many of us.. So sorry to hear about your test results Nancy.

Cathy It is nice to hear your meeting went well. but your Mum... Hopefully it is good news!

Speaking of MRIs - I been having problems with my left foot for over a year. The doc finally sent me in for an MRI last week - found I have severe osteoarthritis on the joint on the top of my foot. See a podiatrist next week to discuss options so I can hopefully keep walking and hiking some day.

• aussie-cat
    Options

GmaFoley, I'm sorry that you have severe osteoarthritis in your foot. I hope the podiatrist can find good ways to help you so you can go hiking.

My Mum got her test results back and the calcifications were hormonal due to ageing, so that's great news! I was so worried.

• socallisa
    Options

today's walk

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Cathy, I am glad your meeting went well. I am glad to hear your Mom's biopsy was good news. That period of waiting can be so stressful. I saw my gynecologist on Friday and he wants me to have a pelvic MRI just to be on the safe side. He is not worried so I am trying not to be as well.

GM, I hope you can find some solutions for your foot.

Lisa, nice pic. You certainly have some nice scenery for your walks.

Here is a pic I took recently.