Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Picture This!!

Options

Comments

• aussie-cat
    aussie-cat Member Posts: 5,496
    Options

Lovely and peaceful!

• bandwoman1234
    bandwoman1234 Member Posts: 5,751
    Options

Hi friends. I am back home and got good news from the path report of NO cancer. I had my surgery on Dec. 30 and it did not turn out at all the way any of us expected. It was to be a robot assisted laparoscopic surgery. After the robot already drilled the five holes in my upper abdomen apparently I must have freaked out everyone. They put me at an angle to continue the complete hysterectomy and my oxygen levels must have fallen into dangerous territory. They put me flat and the oxygen levels went back up and when they tried again and put me at an angle my oxygen levels fell again so they had to go to a plan B. I ended up with an abdominal hysterectomy which means a very long incision, more painful and longer recovery time. So waking up to that reality was a major bummer knowing that now I will have to add a Pulmonologist to my doctor list when this is all over. I got home on the night of New Years Day. I was in the hospital for three days. It has not been a fun time for sure but I am now a week out from the surgery and am doing some better today. I will see my gynecologist on Monday and I have a lot of questions for him at that time.

Thank your for your encouraging posts for me and your pictures. I love seeing all of them.

Nancy

• aussie-cat
    Options

Hi Nancy, I'm so glad to hear from you! I have been thinking of you. I'm glad they didn't find any cancer but I'm so sorry that you had to have an abdominal hysterectomy and the recovery time will be longer. I pray you recover at a good rate and you have all the support you need. Take care and I'm sending you hugs.

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

Nancy, good news about the path report. So sorry you have to go through the recovery from the surgery. Bummer....take good care of yourself ..hugs,

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    Options

A virtual bouquet for you...

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thank you Cathy and Lisa. I appreciate your encouragement.

Lisa, thanks for the beautiful bouquet. Carnations are one of my favorites as they smell so good. Those look like carnations and I can almost smell them. Smile

• gmafoley
    gmafoley Member Posts: 5,978
    Options

Oh Nancy great news on no cancer - One thing I learned as I had a large incision too - get a pillow/teddy bear and hold it to your belly when you walk, sneeze or cough - it really helps.

• gmafoley
    Options

Was taking all my pictures off facebook and am downloading to my new mac and in the process I found this oldie ;)

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks GM. Love the yellow rose and the darling baby bird I am assuming. I had some food go down my windpipe one day last week and Oh My Gosh I thought I would die with trying to cough. My incision started to bleed on Friday evening and I was freaking out. I laid low most of the weekend knowing if I could make it to Monday when I saw my doctor for my 2 wk post op I would be okay. He assured me that is normal. I had no idea how weak I am just from getting in a car and having a neighbor drive me to my apt. I did my first load of washing today and I felt like I had run a marathon. I can see this is going to be a long haul.

• gmafoley
    Options

Please take care of yourself Nancy! Baby steps...

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I'm so sorry you coughed so much that your incision started to bleed. That must have been very scary for you. You were brave to cope during the weekend before you could see your doctor on the Monday. I'm glad he said the incision bleeding is normal and I hope it's settled down now. I pray you gain more energy soon. May God bring you comfort and peace.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thanks GM. I am so weak the baby steps are a given for now.

Cathy, thanks. My coughing didn't cause the bleeding. I think they happened at different times. Today is the first that I have not noticed the incision bleeding and I am so grateful for that.

I managed three loads of wash over a three day period. LOL It can only improve from that!!!!

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I'm glad your incision is on the mend. Well done for doing 3 loads of washing! I hope you're getting plenty of rest and sleeping well.

• gmafoley
    Options

Good morning Friends.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,879
    Options

That must be so lovely to wake up to. It gives me a lift just to look at the photo.

• aussie-cat
    Options

GmaFoley, that's a beautiful scene!

• bandwoman1234
    Options

GM, what a gorgeous scene.

I have had a bit of a setback as my incision became infected. I have been on antibiotics since Saturday and will see a gyny associate on Friday again.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I'm sorry you've had a setback. I hope you feel better soon and the appointment on Friday goes well.

• gmafoley
    Options

Oh My Nancy - Hopefully it clears up soon! Praying for you.

• gmafoley
    Options

• bandwoman1234
    Options

GM very pretty.

I finished my extra course of antibiotics and I am doing better but still very weak. This lady doctor I saw last Friday gave me a more realistic view of recovery. She said 6-8wks for resuming normal activities and 3 months to fully regain my strength. My pain is now only soreness which is a huge improvement. I hope you all are doing well.

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

GMA, gorgeous photo. Would look great printed on canvas.

Bandwoman, sounds like you are on the mend. Take it easy and rest often so you can gain your full strength.

• aussie-cat
    Options

Nancy, I'm glad you're only sore now and not in so much pain but I know it must be hard being very weak. I pray you regain your strength in good time and you have any help you need. I had wondered how you were doing.

• gmafoley
    Options

It's been a great week for photo shoots.

• gmafoley
    Options

I'm glad you are doing better Nancy! Remember Baby steps...

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    Options

GMA, your photo is so relaxing to look at!

• aussie-cat
    Options

GmaFoley, great photo!

• aussie-cat
    Options

I took some photos on my walk last Thursday.

• gmafoley
    Options

Beautiful roses Aussie-Cat!

Thank you Kathindc and Aussie-Cat - I love taking relaxing photos - things that make you breath in and be at peace.

• bandwoman1234
    Options

Thank you all for the good wishes. I had a bout of sickness the last few days but in general I think I am doing better. I even drove some short distances to see if I could and that was okay.

Beautiful framed scene GM.

Cathy, beautiful roses. Gives me hope of warmer weather to eventually come. We are in the heart of winter and are getting a lot of snow after hardly any last winter. I have great neighbors who are shoveling my driveway and walk for me.