Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited October 2016
    Options

Goldie...gorgeous dogs!

Lita

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited October 2016
    Options

Cat lady here, but how could anyone not respond to this gorgeous good news story and I know devoted doggy ladies will definitely appreciate it

This is Bud who spent years in a shelter run by Battersea Dogs Home in the UK and has now finally found a home

http://www.independent.ie/life/family/family-features/worlds-loneliest-dog-finds-a-new-home-in-time-for-christmas-after-three-years-in-rescue-centre-35164134.html

• goldie63
    goldie63 Member Posts: 36
    edited October 2016
    Options

Yay for Bud! And for the lovely family that adopted him

• Lita57
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is how Sofia feels about this year's abysmal election...

She can't wait until it's over, and neither can I! We're up poop creek no matter who wins.

L

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,953
    edited November 2016
    Options

It's always a good day for some dog walking!

• javamama
    javamama Member Posts: 28
    edited November 2016
    Options

I'm so glad I found this thread. I got my Java girl back in April. Found out I also got cancer in August. One I want to keep- the puppy. The other? I cut that bitch out. Off with her head. Ha! Little did I know that this little girl was going to be the reason I smile on days I didn't think smiling was possible. I love her to death. And she is so chill. She's filled a huge void as my last son went off to college. So what I had planned as the start of a new life chapter being an empty nester with my hubby and traveling with my puppy has turned into holing up and nesting at home while I kick cancer's ass. And Java is with me every step of the way. Have I said I love her to pieces? lol

This pic is of her after her grooming spa day.

This picture is of her on top of my computer demanding I pay attention to her.

And this is her in her frog leg pose just resting. She loves resting like this.

In Alaska for the summer before I found out about the big C.

She's the best decision I've made in a long time. And it didn't even involve alcohol. :D

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited November 2016
    Options

javamama: you keep kicking cancer's ass and smiling when you can with your DH and Java.

• PKWGA
    PKWGA Member Posts: 10
    edited November 2016
    Options

I have 3 rescues, and I'm not sure who rescued whom.

This is my Missy, 100 pounds of pure love

• PKWGA
    edited November 2016
    Options

and this is Patty, a Basenji mix. I got her from the animal shelter, and her worried little frown when she's not getting the attention she wants is hilarious.

• PKWGA
    edited November 2016
    Options

And last (and also littlest) is Bandit, our Jack Russell mix. Not sure what he's mixed with, because he has no tail, not even a nub. DH teases me and says Bandit is our special needs child. Sorry, I should have included them all in one post, duh.

• goldie63
    goldie63 Member Posts: 36
    edited November 2016
    Options

Very sweet, all 3 of them. I love the expression 'who rescued who'. Definitely.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2016
    Options

Stella before and after her first haircut.

• ruthbru
    edited November 2016
    Options

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2016
    Options

So this little boy got himself into some trouble late, late Monday night. I sent him out into the back yard to go potty. Next thing I know I hear him screaming! I go running for him, and he, thank goodness came running back to me. I didn't realize until Tuesday morning that he was hurt. Whatever got him, and we think it was a coyote, bit his side and his right rear leg. Off to the vet, who prescribed antibiotics and some pain meds. And the poor little guy has done NOTHING but go from bed to bed... He is in a great deal of pain even after the medication. I hate that he is hurt!!! I just want my little bugger to be back up and about to his mischievous ways!!

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited November 2016
    Options

Ruth, love the expression on Stella's face.

Oh Zeus. Poor you. Momma will pamper you.

Beautiful pups, ladies.

Here is mine waiting for a new neighbor (squirrel). She whines and barks every time she sees it. image

• RitaR551
    RitaR551 Member Posts: 16
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is our little Dixie before we adopted her.image

Our little Dixie now. She's the light of our lives and such a great distraction from the big C

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited November 2016
    Options

Rita,

Dixie looks to be very happy! I love this site!!

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited November 2016
    Options

Please, please more happy dog pics. I so need them now. Dixie and Rita warm my heart.

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is my friend's new Weimaraner puppy.

• Lita57
    edited November 2016
    Options

Cuyrly, hope your little guy is better! That's why we take Sofia out on a leash to potty. We get lots of other critters in our yard because we are so close to the creek and the low hills. We've had mean raccoons, possums and several skunks in our yard, and countless squirrels. No coyotes, but raccoons will fight, and we all know what skunks can do.

• keepthefaith
    keepthefaith Member Posts: 856
    edited November 2016
    Options

This is my foster fail, "Sweet Pea"! I fostered, then adopted her in 2012. My companion and BFF:)Heart

Keep the pictures coming! Nothing like some fur babies to put a smile on your face!

Curlyq, I hope your baby recovers soon.

• keepthefaith
    edited November 2016
    Options

Kisses for the baby! She would always lay down when the grandbabies come around:) Not sure if she was being nice or just trying to get close enough to give him kisses!

• Lita57
    edited November 2016
    Options

Keepthefaith: That's a beautiful carpet with the lovely flower patterns.

• Loveroflife
    edited November 2016
    Options

lol

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited November 2016
    Options

S'more doesn't know what to do with a pound of freshly ground gourmet coffee I got for his Daddy.

"Mommy, what is that?"

S'more did enjoy romping in the leaves with my daughter and another of his doggie friends we met during our walk at the park.

• keepthefaith
    edited November 2016
    Options

Thank you Lita!:)

• ruthbru
    edited November 2016
    Options

For those of us who have both dogs and cats in our lives:

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited November 2016
    Options

I just stumbled on to this forum and so glad I did! Looking at all the wonderful pics really warms my heart. I am still mourning the loss of the 2 loves of my life. Freeway and Baby were my everything and they got me through the most difficult times in my life.....divorce, early stage breast cancer, hepatitis B (that I almost died from), and of course stage 4 diagnosis. Baby started losing weight and was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed June 2015 at the age of 15. My Freeway died this past August at the age of 17 from failing kidneys. Oh how I miss them and I think about them everyday. Life is not the same without them in my life.

Baby is the black and tan (I always thought she was a min pin mix) and I rescued her as a homeless puppy on the streets. She was approximately 8 - 10 weeks old. I found Freeway running in the median in Lexington, KY with 2 other litter mates. He is a Catahoula Leopard and was approximately 3 months old.

Baby loved car trips to Alabama, but Freeway was always a bit nervous at first.

Baby would roll up in a little ball and sleep!

Baby loved those chew bones!!

Freeway's big smile!

Freeway loved his cheerio's!

Thank you for sharing the pics of all of your babies and thank you for letting me share mine!

• ruthbru
    edited November 2016
    Options

What sweet dogs!

• Loveroflife
    edited November 2016
    Options

I agree!!!