Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options

Comments

• rpoole1962
    rpoole1962 Member Posts: 386
    edited December 2016
    Options

I just got back from Knoxville TN and from volunteering at the Gatlinburg animal shelter for lost and injured animals from the wildfires. This was an amazing experience and it really puts life in perspective. I got to meet some amazing people and a lot of amazing fur babies. The animals that were not claimed after 14 days, were adopted out. Personally, I think 14 days is not long enough, but understand the need to clear space for all the others coming in. And also being cooped up in a cage for 2 weeks is not where a dog or cat should be. I got attached to all of the animals by walking them, and If I could have taken them all home I would have.

This is who adopted me....so I made it permanent. Meet Willy!!!!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2016
    Options

What a SWEET face Willy has! He will make your Christmas very merry!

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited December 2016
    Options

This is Vulfie, my Australian Shepherd. I've had and loved dogs all my life, but he was my special ❤ dog. He went to the Bridge 7 years ago, still miss him. image

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2016
    Options

And Spookie. Her birthday is Halloween, so the name. With her long hair we joke she looks like a small white Cousin It. image

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2016
    Options

And lastly, Kris Kringle. He's a rescue, his bday is in Dec. we got him when I was in the middle of chemo. What was I thinking? He's a very good boy, they get along well. image

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited December 2016
    Options

imageReindogs

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2016
    Options

This is what happens when the dog park floods and I wasn't watching Kris closely image

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited December 2016
    Options

Atta boy, Kris.

• javamama
    javamama Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2016
    Options

Spookiesmom, is Spookie a Havanese? My little Java is a Havanese as well. And one of our pet nick names for her is Cousin It. lol

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2016
    Options

She is Maltese. Related to the Havanaese

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    edited December 2016
    Options

im up for billet mastectomy with reconstruction in jan 2017. i have family to care for me the week after surgery, but then id like to go back to my house where i live alone with my small dog. how long post op were you able to walk your dog? is it silly to think i can take care of myself 2 weeks post op? better to arrange for a dog walker for 4 weeks? she's pretty lazy and would be ok sleeping with me all day, but ONE of us should get some exercise!!!

thank you!!!

• Mominator
    Mominator Member Posts: 1,173
    edited December 2016
    Options

annoyingboob: it's probably better to arrange for the 4 weeks, which you can adjust down if needed. There are many factors that will determine how well and how quickly you heal, many of which are hard to predict. You want time for the incisions and muscles to heal.

I'm presuming you're already in rather good shape since you live alone and that you already are walking and taking care of your dog all by yourself.

What we don't know is what to expect from your surgery and recovery. Most do very well. However, some ladies develop bruising, some get seromas, (which are pockets of fluid), and some folks infections. These will slow down your recovery.

I really don't remember when I started walking the dog again. My hubby is overprotective of me in that respect. Also, our dog pulls hard when he gets excited. We didn't want my stitches to get pulled.

Best wishes on your surgery and recovery.

• Curlyq1974
    Curlyq1974 Member Posts: 87
    edited December 2016
    Options

My Zeus went to see Santa again this year. Funds raised go towards the local shelter. I was thrilled that Mrs. Claus made it! We all know she is the brains of the operation!

• Lita57
    Lita57 Member Posts: 2,338
    edited December 2016
    Options

Sofia back from the Groomers! No stinky doggie for Christmas.

• rpoole1962
    edited December 2016
    Options

Curlyq, what a great idea for raising money for the shelter!!! Your Zeus is a doll baby.

Lita, Your cute sweet baby is all clean and groomed. Time to sleep with Mama!!!

Robin

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2016
    Options

one of these years I'll get my 2 to see Santa.

• annoyingboob
    annoyingboob Member Posts: 459
    edited December 2016
    Options

mominator - thank you!! I changed my mind and am getting a bilat lumpectomy with reduction instead of bilat mx. will see how that goes. thank you for your advice and all my best wishes for the holiday season!!

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,949
    edited December 2016
    Options

Stella enjoying a mild winter day.

• goldie63
    goldie63 Member Posts: 36
    edited December 2016
    Options

imageWell we got a new pup, Mylo! We fell in love with his picture online yesterday, met him today, and we bring him home Tuesday. Hopefully our cat Gus likes him!! We think Gus will like another pup better than another cat!!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2016
    Options

What a doll! I think your cat will be okay because the puppy is a baby so Gus can boss him around. Enjoy!!!!!

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited December 2016
    Options

Goldie: Love those expressive eye brows. Rest up before Tuesday!! Heart

• goldie63
    edited December 2016
    Options

lol Gussy is already the boss of the house so I'm sure she'll take quite fine to bossing Mylo around ruthbru! And yes magiclight we're expecting a lot of activity in the house with an 8 week old pup! Oh the joys of house training!!

• ruthbru
    edited December 2016
    Options

Stella's first Christmas.

• cuddyclothes
    cuddyclothes Member Posts: 98
    edited December 2016
    Options

Goldie, what an adorable little pup!

What wonderful pictures! Everyone in our family has/had dogs. Here's my brother's first dog, Marnie. She was an absolute gem.

This is my brother's current dog, Daphne, as a puppy. She's a gorgeous dog.

• rpoole1962
    edited December 2016
    Options

Love love love all the pics!!! They make me smile!! This is Baby, she crossed the rainbow bridge June 2015 at the age of 15. My heart hurts for them everyday. They were my children, my life, my happiness. I think about them everyday!

This is Freeway, he crossed the rainbow bridge this past August 2016 at the age of 17

• magiclight
    magiclight Member Posts: 6,656
    edited December 2016
    Options

cuddy: Daphne's feet are so cuteas are her eyes with the whites showing.

rpool...sorry for your loss...they sure do leave a big hole in our hearts.

• goldie63
    edited December 2016
    Options

imageimagePuppy Mylo was sleeping with me and I said 'lookit how happy he is'. My partner said 'Lookit how happy you are!' Very happy to have this little guy around to love and especially since I have crappy bc again. Although we have both commented that it's a lot more effort to get up and down from the floor in your fifties than in your 30's, when we had our first 2 dogs!

• spookiesmom
    edited January 2017
    Options

puppy breath and kisses. So cute😍

• ruthbru
    edited January 2017
    Options

Puppy Love! Heart

• Fightingirl
    Fightingirl Member Posts: 328
    edited January 2017
    Options

imageHealer of a broken heart. This girls true best friend...love my husband dearly but this little guy just, gets cuter and amazes me everyday! I'm not looking forward to my surgery next week but I am looking forward to lots of cuddle time after with sully aka Bucky