Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dogs, dogs, dogs!

Options
1727374757678»

Comments

• micmel
    micmel Member Posts: 9,877
    edited August 2022
    Options

I wanna hug Finley!

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2022
    Options

@micmel he'd love that! He's a cuddler. :-)

Here's Finley as a pup - paws up, ready for hugs.

• rah2464
    rah2464 Member Posts: 1,192
    edited August 2022
    Options

Oh my goodness that is cuteness overload Heart

• micmel
    edited August 2022
    Options

the hug pic! Finley is precious. 🐾.

• mavericksmom
    mavericksmom Member Posts: 1,138
    edited August 2022
    Options

Finley pup just MADE MY DAY!!!!! Too cute!

I was once again thinking about getting a dog. Yes, there are downsides to dog ownership, but there are way more positives! Now that I was just diagnosed with breast cancer for the third time, dog ownership will be put on hold. BUT, it isn't going to stop me from looking at cute puppy photos, skimming the AKC marketplace, or scrolling the rescue websites!

Let's face it, some of our best medicine comes wrapped in fur!

• pebblesv
    pebblesv Member Posts: 486
    edited August 2022
    Options

Hello ladies! Finley just got groomed and turns 3 years young tonight so here’s a pic to celebrate. And mavericksmom hope this furry pup is great medicine for you today too! And that when the time is right you can adopt a furry companion of your own again. Rah and Micmel and spookiesmom and others hope you’re well!

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,798
    edited August 2022
    Options

I don't remember when I took this picture of Tippy, but it is the best one yet. It is very difficult to get a background of the same intensity as a black dog, so that his coat will be seen. And the partial sun catches every white hair on his head. He was seven years old in June, and we had our third gotcha day last week. I posted a thank you to the rescue.

He kept me awake last night scratching, despite a Benadryl. I gave him a bath today.

• micmel
    edited August 2022
    Options

omg pebbles!!! So precious to share the fresh grooming. Hugs and kisses for the precious pup.

mcbaker~ my dog used to itch too and lick his paws. Drove me crazy. Now I would welcome it. I miss my babes.

• mavericksmom
    edited August 2022
    Options

Finley, so handsome and adorable!!! Tippy, too cute in new hair cut! Dogs are the best!!!

Thank you Pebbles and others for support! I will be fine. I'm scheduled for an October mastectomy, with expander. Ugh. Could be worse. So far good Dx of high grade DCIS with microinvasion. Most troubling is the lymph node removal, hopefully limited to SN or nodes and no more. I have stage 2 lymphedema in opposite arm. My plastic surgeon also specializes in lymphedema, and I picked my breast surgeon prior to Dx when I transferred my records to a local hospital, so I am in good hands. Biggest hurdle with lymphedema is Medicare, who pays for very little and isn't supportive of patients with the condition!

It still makes me annoyed that my request of bilateral mastectomy in 2019, was refused by my surgeon at a well-known cancer center in Phila. I should have gone elsewhere for a second opinion, but I didn't. Hindsight is always 20/20. Can't go back so must look forward.

Crossing fingers I don't get Covid from work prior to surgery, but I can only do so much, in this case, wear a KN95 mask. I work in a school, aka, germ factory, So far, I am fully vaccinated, including two boosters, the last in early April, and I am careful. I am not losing sleep over it, as whether or not I get sick with Covid or anything else prior to surgery, is also out of my hands. It will work out eventually, although not necessarily as I want it to.

Loving the photo's, kept them coming! Have a great day everyone!

• mavericksmom
    edited August 2022
    Options

OMG, I couldn't help but check out a local rescue organization on line, and they had the most adorable pom mix named Abby! Reminded me of Finley but she is a buff color. If not for breast cancer, I would have immediately filled out an application. Instead, knowing now is definitely NOT the time to acquire a new furry family member, I closed the page and told myself that when the time is right, there will be a furry child that needs a home and will fit perfectly in our hearts. I don't know who needs one more, me or my DH?

Hope everyone is enjoying the day!

• micmel
    edited August 2022
    Options

I want a dog so bad. Deeohgee. And tag have left quite a void in my life. I miss the companionship they bring. Finley is precious. Makes me miss them all the more.

• spookiesmom2
    spookiesmom2 Member Posts: 11
    edited September 2022
    Options

When I was doing a/c the first time around, I was too sick to give Spookie a bath. Took her to groomer, who asked if I'd met her foster. No, and 3 days later Kris was ours. He was daddy's boy, but I never regretted getting him.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,422
    edited November 2022
    Options

Nugget continues to liven our lives with his antics! He and his older kitty sister play a lot. She will take so much and then give him a double paw slap to indicate she is through with playing.

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,173
    edited November 2022
    Options

imageKris wanted to play, couldn’t find the cat.

• m0mmyof3
    edited November 2022
    Options

awww

• mcbaker
    mcbaker Member Posts: 1,798
    edited November 2022
    Options

Happy

• mavericksmom
    edited November 2022
    Options

I heard on the news last night that there is a severe shortage of veterinarians! Has anyone here had difficulty getting appointments? I am really leaning towards getting a rescue dog or puppy, but not until after I retire, fully recuperate from this round with breast cancer and get out to visit our son and his family in the Midwest. I don't feel rushed, I know that when I am ready to adopt, there will be a perfect pooch for us just waiting to be loved and spoiled!

• spookiesmom
    edited November 2022
    Options

Stand a to reason there is a vet shortage. Less vet schools than regular human med schools.

There are 6 vet offices within a 10 minute drive from me.

5 are by themselves, one has 4 vets there.

I love our vet. She’s young, up on the latest stuff, graduated U of Florida vet school. She takes excellent care of my 3 critters.

Suggest you google vets in your area, maybe check out the dog parks, ask for recommendations and locations. I want one close in case of emergency.

Good luck finding your fur baby.

• micmel
    edited March 2023
    Options

it’s been almost two years since I lost my Deeohgee and three for tag. I miss my dogs so much. I think about them everyday. I had a portrait done of them together. It hangs in my room and one downstairs, like family they are. Never to be replaced. image

• spookiesmom
    edited April 2023
    Options

• micmel
    edited April 2023
    Options

adorable

• m0mmyof3
    Options

Hey all,

been super busy for a bit but now everything is slowing down. Nugget is doing well, just turned 3 earlier this month and went on his first big trip to Wisconsin. He got to see where mommy came from!