Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Just a Cat

Options
dreamwriter
dreamwriter Member Posts: 678

He was the only male.  Brother to the one left behind.  First was his brown bushy adopted sister, Jasmine from breast cancer and now him.  He had liver trouble and I know he only drank water or milk.  His sister is wandering around expecting him to be here.  We all loved him.  Will miss him.   Even though he was just a cat.

Comments

• ebann
    ebann Member Posts: 1,474
    edited September 2008
    Options

He maybe just a cat. An animal becomes so much a part of your life. You miss them so much when they are not around. You get use to seeing them, giving them loving and them returning your love back. I have lost several animals and I will always have a special place in my heart for them. I is never the same when a new animals come in, but you get that unconditional love and they just still your heart. I wish you the best, and I hope that the sorrow will pass. He is in a much better place. Cat heaven. Smile

Blessings;Elizabeth

cats w/ flowers

• CAZ
    CAZ Member Posts: 94
    edited September 2008
    Options

Dreamwriter,

There is no such thing as 'just a cat.'  They are wonderful, mystical animals that grace us with their presence.  After losing my old man to renal failure, I could understand how devastating clinical depression could be.  I knew from previous losses, that time would help to lessen the pain.  However, the immediate loss was overwhelming. 

Grieve, celebrate his life,remember.

Carol(AZ)

• BMac
    BMac Member Posts: 115
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree with Carol, there's no such thing as "just a cat".  They are wonderful companions and give their love unconditionally.  My cat came into my life just after my mother died and just before I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer.  She "adopted" us and has been a fixture ever since.  She's definitely part of our family and I don't know what we'll do when she's gone.

• ADK
    ADK Member Posts: 752
    edited September 2008
    Options

{{{Dreamwriter}}},

Those of us with furbabies understand how important they are to us and the loss of one is the loss of a family member.  I am so sorry you are going through this.  Hopefully, the sorrow will ease in time and you will find yourself smiling when you remember the wonderful sweet things he did.  They are always alive in our hearts.  

• badboob67
    badboob67 Member Posts: 236
    edited September 2008
    Options

Dream,

I am so sorry! I agree there's no such thing as "just" a cat, "just" a dog, or "just" another pet. They give us so much and losing one is always hard.

(((HUGS)))

Diane

• Harley44
    Harley44 Member Posts: 2,126
    edited September 2008
    Options

Dream,

He was NOT "just a cat!!  He was a very special part of your family, and you miss him SO very much!! 

Praying that your happy memories of him will comfort you...

HUGS

Harley

• peachy49
    peachy49 Member Posts: 16
    edited September 2008
    Options

He was your friend. I'm really sorry about your cat Dream.. so sad and so not fair. I have had pets all my life. Saying goodbye to each and everyone was always so hard.. hugs

• coonie
    coonie Member Posts: 2,582
    edited September 2008
    Options
    Those "just cat" friends, sure seem to be sensitive to us "just human" needs sometimes. Animals are much better friends that humans can be at times. I'm so sorry you lost a friendCry
  • nancyc
    nancyc Member Posts: 3
    edited September 2008
    Options

Awww....I'm sorry Regina. I think that our companion animals have an important misson on earth to help us to learn to love unconditionally by showing us how it's done. Blessings to your buddy. I think that my Tabitha won't be far behind him, as she's 17, and getting terribly thin. Hugs.

• footprintsangel
    footprintsangel Member Posts: 35,657
    edited September 2008
    Options

I agree it not just a cat or dog. They are ones the were there when I came home from chemo. And knew I hurt and would be around my most of the time to comfort me . I still have them around me alot cause of the pain of side affects and lymphedema and arthritis. I believe animals are comforters. Hug your animals, Debbie