Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

In honor of AlaskaDeb, do something a little crazy.

Options
lemonjake
lemonjake Member Posts: 342

I know some folks are sorry that they missed out on the rose or aren't in a position to make a donation.  I have another idea and it won't cost a penny. How about we each do something a little insane, a little out of the ordinary? Remember when Deb had her bald head henna-ed? Or when she knit a set of reproductive organs (she was godmother of my left ovary)?  And I've seen a picture of her dancing in a pink ballgown, pretending she was in Oz on one of these threads.

I think doing something a little nuts this week would be a great tribute to Deb and her wonderful, warm spirit. God, I miss her.

Rock.  (Who is in South Africa and feels so very far away.)

Comments

• ellenoire
    ellenoire Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2009
    Options

Yay!Rock is soo smart!

• bluedahlia
    bluedahlia Member Posts: 302
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hey, I do "nutty" every day.  But will do something extra nutty this week.  Let me contemplate.

• MsKarin
    MsKarin Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2009
    Options

Shouldn't be too hard for me to come up with something, I do something insane or out of the ordinary almost everyday, LOL. I think I've got it, but can't tell you yet.

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2009
    Options

I'm going to go outside now and look for a bear!

• socallisa
    socallisa Member Posts: 10,184
    edited February 2009
    Options

Bren.you are too funny

• drcrisc
    drcrisc Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2009
    Options

Nice, Rock.  Very nice!  She'd love it - I hope someone tells John and the girls.

• lemonjake
    edited February 2009
    Options

So last night I danced around my apartment (with its floor to ceiling windows on two sides) and bellowed the Stones' Ruby Tuesday at the top of my lungs. 

• navygirl
    navygirl Member Posts: 369
    edited February 2009
    Options

Rock ~ I don't know how you do it but you always manage to come up with the perfect ideas. Sending you big hugs from home ((((((((hugs))))))))). It's a wonderful tribute to a wonderful person!

• MsKarin
    MsKarin Member Posts: 105
    edited February 2009
    Options

Did I hear glass shattering?

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited February 2009
    Options

At 6:00 pm Eastern Saturday, I stood outside CiCi's pizza and blew soap bubbles for Deb. My son thought I was crazy.

Sheila

• nancyd
    nancyd Member Posts: 556
    edited February 2009
    Options

Being in Manhattan most of the day, nothing will seem crazy...but I'll think of something.

• lemonjake
    edited February 2009
    Options

Sheila, I'm gonna buy me some soap bubbles and blow them off of my balcony onto the rush hour traffic.  That is a spectacular idea.  (Nancy...Manhattan... *sigh*)

• burns_la
    burns_la Member Posts: 14
    edited February 2009
    Options

LOVE that idea. Blowing bubbles is one of my "regular" wierd, crazy acts!

• AlaskaDeb
    AlaskaDeb Member Posts: 1,159
    edited February 2009
    Options

Deb is loving this!!!!

More later. 

Love you all

John

• Bren-2007
    Bren-2007 Member Posts: 842
    edited February 2009
    Options

We love you John.

So happy to see Deb's avatar and name.  I'm glad she's here.

Bren

• drcrisc
    drcrisc Member Posts: 134
    edited February 2009
    Options

I almost fell out of my chair seeing her avatar - I love it!!  Maybe I will ask the 5 y.o. for some ideas...and some participation!

• roberta37
    roberta37 Member Posts: 24
    edited February 2009
    Options

Love the idea.  Now just have to think of something.

• EWB
    EWB Member Posts: 592
    edited February 2009
    Options

I am blown away by the zest for life that Deb had! As more and more stories and "remember when"s come out-  I am speechless. Especially like the godmother to left ovary and kniting reproductive organs!

John, what an extraordinary woman, I am sorry I never had the pleasure of meeting her in person.

Elaine

• Wren
    Wren Member Posts: 5
    edited February 2009
    Options

I loved the news story that I watched through the internet -- about the pink flowers, etc... I don't know what crazy thing I could do, but I'm working on doing something to remembe Deb's spirit.

God bless you and your family, John.

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited February 2009
    Options

WOW, took a double take when I scrolled down and saw that colorful head dress.  God bless you and your family John♥♥♥

Hugs And Kisses 

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited February 2009
    Options

I have a long pink wig,  can make pig tails, and tie on ribbons.   Wear it to bingo Friday night maybe.   Is that crazy enough???   

• lewisfamily503
    lewisfamily503 Member Posts: 101
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hey,  I do CRAZY things everyday as an elementary music teacher!!!  Kids really set you free!!!!  I will think of Deb this week as we dance and get CRAZZZZZZY in the music room.  

• ellenoire
    ellenoire Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2009
    Options

Was making Queen of Hearts Bath Bombs and soap this week and thinking about Deb... not crazy... just thoughts...

• lemonjake
    edited February 2009
    Options

Y'know, nothing says Deb like "queen of hearts bath bombs..."!!

• GramE
    GramE Member Posts: 2,234
    edited February 2009
    Options
    DAWN ZAROWNY OF BARRHEAD,ALBERTA HAS LOST HER BATTLE TODAY FEB6/09 AT 5:23 AM..
  • hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited February 2009
    Options

So devastaing to hear...Let's do something in her honor too.....

• althea
    althea Member Posts: 506
    edited February 2009
    Options

Gosh, I've had a heck of a time finding the 'commemorating' section!  Apparently I had this section 'minimized' from the main index page, and it was getting bypassed when I used the search feature also. 

Anyway, Bren, be sure to put on your nightgown and grab a gun when you look for that bear!

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited February 2009
    Options

We all can send pink roses there also!  Does anyone know where the church is?

Flowers  Flowers