Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

My SIL Lisa is an Angel Today

OG56
OG56 Member Posts: 377
edited June 2014 in May Their Memory Live On

My SIL has fought for her life over the last 10 years, we celebrated her 40th birthday this month and she was still going strong, chemo, gamma knife to brain met. But the last few weeks left her to exhausted to fight anymore and so she left us tonight to get her wings. She entrusted her husband and family to care for her two darling daughters who are now in 2nd and 5th grade.. We will miss her as she was an inspiration to all that observed her as she put up her dukes and fought like a girl!

Comments

• swimangel72
    swimangel72 Member Posts: 142
    edited July 2009

Linda I'm so sorry to hear this news about your SIL - I HATE BC! May God's angels watch over her daughters and husband!

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited July 2009

Linda, i am so sorry to read this sad news about your Sister-In-Law.  She sounds like she was quite a warrior.  I have added her to the List of Angels in the Relatives and Friends section.  My condolences to the family and friends.

celia

• Mazy1959
    Mazy1959 Member Posts: 254
    edited July 2009

Linda,

I am so sorry...Hugs, Mazy

• jadai
    jadai Member Posts: 33
    edited July 2009

God I hate this disease.  I lost my mom on the 9th and it is just heaartbreaking.  Prayers to you and your family and her children.

• faithandfifty
    faithandfifty Member Posts: 4,424
    edited July 2009

Words are so very inadequate, but know that we hold you and her families in our hearts.

Prayers for her husband and the too, tooo, two young daughters left behind in the reality of loss.

May your extended family received support & comfort, encouragement & strength from this community and the community that can extend our hugs in real life.

xx00xx00xx

• Marple
    Marple Member Posts: 10,154
    edited July 2009

Sending my deepest sympathies.  .......and gentle hugs.

• candie1971
    candie1971 Member Posts: 2,467
    edited July 2009

I am so sorry to hear this news.

May you family have peace..you are all in my prayers.

hugs and prayers,

your sister in bc...candie

• Estepp
    Estepp Member Posts: 2,966
    edited July 2009

Deepest Sympathies Linda. I prayed for her family too.

• arnie
    arnie Member Posts: 922
    edited July 2009

(((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))  to you and your family...

• sherry35
    sherry35 Member Posts: 155
    edited July 2009

So sorry to hear this news Omaha. My sympathies and prayers to the family and friends in this very difficult time.

• OG56
    edited July 2009

Thank you everyone for your love and support and recognition of our sorrow.

• kbugmom
    kbugmom Member Posts: 8,310
    edited July 2009

Linda I am so sorry to hear this news. Once again this uninvited disease has taken another Mom. May God give you and all the family peace and guidance for tough times ahead.

Susan

• Jellydonut
    Jellydonut Member Posts: 20
    edited July 2009

It's so awful that her children are now without their mom.  I'm sorry for your loss, Linda and I'm also sorry that the drugs and treatments failed her.

God Bless her husband, children and family.

Jelly

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited July 2009

linda my sincere condolences to you and your family and friends...As someone who lost her mother when she was 8 yrs old, I urge your brother get the children counseling as soon as he is up to it.....Please PM me your addy as I would like to send a card on behalf of BCO.........

• dreamwriter
    dreamwriter Member Posts: 678
    edited July 2009

Please accept my condolences.  I am sure you grew close to her and this hurts your heart.  Time will heal it. Remembering your love will help.

• OG56
    edited August 2009

It makes me cry just to read all the love and condolences you have all sent for her family. Thank you all for everything and we received the card from everyone here at BCO.

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited August 2009

My deepest sympathy, I know what it is like to loose a love one to BC.