Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

BC took my friend Melissa

janie44
janie44 Member Posts: 25

Another angel joined our sisters August 10, 2009.  Melissa Hale Matthews was only 39.  She leaves a loving husband and young daughter.  I worked with Melissa in an elementary school for a few years.  She was the counselor and I the psychologist.  A couple of years ago, we walked together in Relay for Life, exchanging stories as survivors do.  She was doing fine at that time.  However, she recurred about a year ago.  She was so young and so vibrant, always smiling.  She will be missed.

Hugs to all,   Janie

Comments

• arnie
    arnie Member Posts: 922
    edited August 2009

Hugs and prayers for Melissa's family and for you Janie...it's sooooooo hard to lose someone...

• swimangel72
    swimangel72 Member Posts: 142
    edited August 2009

Janie I'm so sorry to read this news about your friend - she was too young! And I bet she was a very caring person if she was a school counselor........what a waste, what a horrid waste this disease is, for the individual, their families and for our society!

• hollyann
    hollyann Member Posts: 279
    edited August 2009

janie, my sincere condolences to you and Melissa's family and friends.......Gentle hugs to you..Just know she is no longer suffering..........

• OG56
    OG56 Member Posts: 377
    edited August 2009

Janie I am sad to read about your friend. I believe she and my SIL also 39 are now angels watching over the rest of us.