Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mary Travers

Options
socallisa
socallisa Member Posts: 10,184

The NY Times announced that Mary of Peter, Paul and Mary fame has died today from cancer..

she had a lovely voice and their Music will last a long time...

Comments

• Gitane
    Gitane Member Posts: 58
    edited September 2009
    Options

I loved her voice and the music of Peter, Paul and Mary.  I enjoyed sharing their music with my little girl, too.  Not so little any more.  Mary was a unique and gifted talent.  I never tire of listening to some of those old songs.  It is a sad day.

Thanks, Lisa, for letting us know.

• CapeBretongirl
    CapeBretongirl Member Posts: 55
    edited September 2009
    Options

Cancer sucks.  I loved their music.  Thank you for letting us know.   

• lvtwoqlt
    lvtwoqlt Member Posts: 765
    edited September 2009
    Options

I grew up with their music and her voice will be missed.

Sheila

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited September 2009
    Options

She will be missed. She wa a wonderful singer and a dignified lady.

Leah

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited September 2009
    Options

I, too, am so sad about Mary Travers.  My four children, now adults, were captive audiences on long car drives and we played cassette tapes of PPM.  My college son called me last night with the news.  He remembers me forcing him to go up to the stage with flowers  ( he was about 7 years old) hen we saw them in concert and they were singing "Where have all the flowers gone".  I love, love their humanity and their advocacy for social justice.  A great loss to the world, not only for the wonderful music, but for their caring about the unfairness in the world.  In sisterhood, xo

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129
    edited September 2009
    Options

She was a wonderful lady and I was saddened to hear the new today. Gracious, thoughtful and cheerful,  she was so wonderful to the girl scouts in town and my daughters and others enjoyed singing with her.   She will be sorely missed. My heart goes out to her daughters. May all her wishes for peace and cooperation eventually come true.

• cmharris59
    cmharris59 Member Posts: 111
    edited September 2009
    Options

She was a such an inspiration through her music and her fight against leukemia.  I am very thankful that I was able to seethe trio in concert some 10 years ago. It was a wonderful evening that could probably not have been more perfect.  It is among my treasured memories.

C

• Dejaboo
    Dejaboo Member Posts: 761
    edited September 2009
    Options

Brings back Childhood Memories.

Very Sad news Indeed.

Here are 2 Songs That I loved as a Kid:

Leaving on a Jet Plane

Where have all the Flowers Gone

Pam

• Isabella4
    Isabella4 Member Posts: 1,352
    edited September 2009
    Options

My favorite was 'Puff the magic dragon' I just love it.

I called one of my pekingese dogs Puff after the song, he just looked like a puffball. Sadly, no longer with me.

Isabella. 

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited September 2009
    Options

Day is done, indeed.