Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

pain after port placement

Options
13»

Comments

• Sundance_Rydr
    Sundance_Rydr Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2019
    Options

ThumbsUp... Thank you...

• DebbieCharlene68
    DebbieCharlene68 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hello ThePrincess. Hope this message finds you well. Hello everyone. I, too, had my port installed on my left side, bc on my right, and feel pain in my right colar bone area up my neck same side. It's feel a bit better today, had the procedure done 4 days ago, but how unsettling. My family doctor said that it's got nothing to do with it because I'm feeling it on the opposite side. My Onc didn't have much to say and that's fine. I know what I am experiencing and it wasn't there before my port. My stitches were so tight and I gather they loosened up some do to sweating, no fever however. Was on top of that!

Have to be our own health advocate and this is just early days for me. I get it now! Doctors are doing an amazing job - not complaining. It's that I find when it comes to side effects such as this, I had to come here to feel supported. And thank you for that! Appreciate it.

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,003
    edited December 2019
    Options

Welcome, DebbieCharlene68! We're glad you've found and joined our community, we hope you find support here! And we hope your pain gets better soon!

The Mods

• beetlemom
    beetlemom Member Posts: 18
    Options

i have this, too! Big, big in the neck and collarbone that tylenol and advil barely make a dent in…plus the sore throat feeling. Just had the port put in today…

• ms meow
    ms meow Member Posts: 6
    Options

I’m so glad I found this conversation.
    I had my port procedure 6/27/2023. Definitely tricky. The proximity to the bone….so tender and it itches but I can’t scratch it. I had a hard time turning my head to the left (port on th right). The weight of my breast had me holding my shoulders and neck awkwardly.
    I was supposed to start TC yesterday. But Wednesday I woke up with extreme low back spasms. I couldn’t walk….I had to crawl. I couldn’t sit down by myself. I had to side step slowly to walk.
    three days in a row at the chiropractor and muscle relaxers. I just could find out what it would be like to be sick and having spasms at the same time.
    the anxiety is real. Now I have to redo bloodwork and wait until Thursday.
    Day 4 and I’m still hurting.