Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2010 Sisters

Options

Comments

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Hey there ladies,

Just checking in to let everyone know I am still hanging in there.  It has been a really rough year so far and just about the time I think things are getting better, up jumps another hospital trip.  Last one I was ready to just walk out on my own if they would not release me.  My MO had been telling them to release me for 3 days! and there I sat waiting so finally I had enough and told DH to come get me I was leaving.  They did release me because the hospital dr did not want on her record that a patient walked out on her.  Oh well, I have told DH and MO that I will not go to the hospital again this year and my MO said okay, he would come to my house everyday if that was necessary for me to get the treatments and meds I needed.  How is that for a caring MO?  So lucky to have him and DH taking care of me.

Welll I better get to bed before DH gets up to start his day or he will be fussing that I stayed up all night again.  He keeps telling me to get more rest, but that seems impossible since I take and Ambien and still cannot sleep more than a couple of hours at a time.

Hugs all around,

AJ

Shelly - I was in the hosptial in July and sorry I missed you. Maybe next time we can make a connection.  AJ

• torigirl
    torigirl Member Posts: 748
    Options

Pinktober is upon us...my girls hanging in there?

• shells43
    shells43 Member Posts: 499
    Options

Happy New Year all!

• Mimidi
    Mimidi Member Posts: 48
    Options

Checking in to say I am still NED.

• FireKracker
    FireKracker Member Posts: 5,858
    Options

I'm still NED too

Nice to see all of U come by once in a while

I REMEMBER WHEN!!!!!

• warrrior3
    warrrior3 Member Posts: 8
    Options

hi everyone, I am happy to say I had my 4 year mammography on Friday and all is good!

• torigirl
    Options

So lovely to check in and see that 2010 sisters are still ROCKIN' it!

Much love and prayers,

Tori

• barbaraa
    barbaraa Member Posts: 3,548
    Options

I am checking in and I am not NED. I have three specks of effing cancer in my L1,2,3. I feel fine though. My doc says no worries: I will die of something other than breast cancer. I will take that.

• FireKracker
    Options

hi

Tori girl and Barb.

I'm sorry about U Barb.

Missing all the 2010 sistas..

• torigirl
    Options
    Praying for my sisters EVERY NIGHT....
  • shells43
    Options

Hey gals,

I had my 5 year cancerversary last week and celebrated with my dear sister and Mom! My sister bought me tickets go visit her in Dallas and then we took a road trip out to the desert and to Big Bend National Park, which was so great.

I'm on the right. I'm happy to report I'm doing fine (a little fatter now after 4 years on arimidex) and hope you all are well too.

Love,

Shelley

• FireKracker
    Options

congrats Shelly

It's nice to hear good news

Enjoy

• lago
    lago Member Posts: 11,653
    Options

Just found this thread. I will be 5 years NED this coming August 31st 2015.

Was doing Anastrozole but switched almost a year ago to Exemestane. Doing better on that. My MO keeps hinting that she might want me on it for 10 years. Considers me high risk due to tumor size. I'll need more info before I go the 10 years.

• barbaraa
    Options

That sounds like fun Shelley! Hi Lago. seems like yesterday doesn't it? I will be 5 years on 4/28. Man. But, I they found three bone mets at L1,2 and 3. Femara kicked them to the curb so I feel pretty good. My onc says I will die of something other than cancer. I am good with that.

• lago
    Options

Barabara that is wonderful that Femera kicked the bone mets ass.

• FireKracker
    Options

nice to see all of U

It's like comin home

Lago,,,I thought U were on this site

I no this yr.marks the 5 yrs for all of us

I passed mine thank u God

Now I have Cealiac disease...

This is the first thing I didn't get from bc..I had it all my life but was just diagnosed

I hope everyone who celebrates the 5 yr Mark (from this thread)stops in to say hello cause this thread has been dragging

Xoxo

• lago
    Options

It took me 5 years to find this thread SillyHeart

• FireKracker
    Options

maybe U can revive it

Anyway Welcome Lago.

Xoxo

• Elisimo
    Elisimo Member Posts: 1,262
    Options

Just checking in - my five years was 7/23/15. Lately feel like I am on a downhill slide. DH says I am being silly and feel this way just because the last year has been rough and I will feel better when the girls get here with their families in July.

Joy and blessings, AJ

• lago
    Options

Elisimo don't ignore if you really feel down. If you know you are uncharacteristically down seek help.

• scvmom65
    scvmom65 Member Posts: 16
    Options

Hi everyone,

I will be 5 years at the end of this year. So happy to be in a group with others in my same boat! I lost over 1/2 my skin in my preDX size D boobs, was never able to get back to my original size and have mega scars on my DXd breast from 2 different cancers, being in the upper and lower part of the same breasts, and also have mild lymphedema from the lymph node disection. Took me awhile but chose to focus on being grateful I am still alive rather than the physical outcome of my breasts. Decided the beginning of this year to post several times a week to support others and give back since this board is a place that helped me when I was DXd. Congrats to everyone who passed the 5 year mark!

Anna

• shells43
    Options

Yeah, Happy Mother's Day to you Mom's on the 2010 thread!

and Happy 5 Years to all of us! Hang in there!

• SyrMom
    SyrMom Member Posts: 575
    Options

Just ran across this thread.  Hope everyone had a wonderful Mother's Day!

It will be 5 yr this coming September.  I was Stage IV from the get go; after being told in 2008 a biopsy was benign.  I was then followed every 6 months; so this is a sneaky beast we're dealing with. This past year has been the toughest so far.

Hang in there.   

• torigirl
    Options

So glad to see my 2010 sisters checking in and letting us know how things are going...

It will be 5 years from diagnosis for me this Thursday....can't believe it....It's exciting, but at the same time there is a bit of fear

that rears it's ugly head... The ugly place doesn't overcome me as much as it used to, but it does come a calling from time to time.

Love being able to come here and be with you all...being thankful for such great things...

Glad to see you here Lago...the more, the merrier....

Love and prayers to all...

Tori

• lago
    Options

HI tonigirl

• Nash54
    Nash54 Member Posts: 699
    Options

ToriGirl.....congrats on the 5 years. Hope you are doing well. Thanks for creating "the lumpectomy lounge" thread. I've been hanging out in there since my dx in Sept. 2014. It's been very encouraging and comforting.

• barbaraa
    Options

Just stopped by to say hi. My 5 years was 4/28 but cancer came back last November. So far, I am tolerating letorzole fine with minimal se's. I see the onc Tuesday so we will see how the tumor markers are then.

• lago
    Options

Barbara sorry to hear about the mets but congratulations on your 5 year survivorship. Glad the letorzole has minimal SE for you.

• barbaraa
    Options

Thanks Lago. My onc said I would die from something other that breast cancer so I am good with that.

• lago
    Options

Well I guess that's good to know LoopyWinking