Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

finally posting

kelleyk
kelleyk Member Posts: 2
edited June 2014 in May Their Memory Live On

It is with much sadness that I write this.  I posted about my mom's diagnosis and treatment and have lurked here a great deal since February of this year.  And it breaks my heart to report that God took my mom home on July 8th, a week shy of her 62nd birthday.  I am sad beyond belief and am having great difficulty processing that my mother is gone.  I can completely believe that the person who lay in the bed those last few days is gone, but I am having difficulty connecting that person was my mother. 

A little piece of me is gone with her.  I know this sadness will get better, but missing her won't.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you whom responded to my posts and answered questions and offered support.  I would tell her about funny quotes of the Stage IV women of their strength and senses of humor...she laughed.  This site has been a wealth of information for me and also an inspiration.  I only wish I was not having to write this.  Five months after her second diagnosis...much less time than I thought we'd have -- I thought I was being realistic.  Five YEARS would not have prepared me for this, though, honestly.

She fought the good fight.  She finished the race.  She kept the faith.

I'll always miss her.  My mother, Donna LeBlanc.

Thank you all again,

Kelley

Comments

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    edited July 2010

Kelley- I haven't posted to you before but this one just caught at my heart.  I am so sorry that you have lost your mom to this disease.  I sit here with my fingers hovering over the keyboard completely at a loss as to what to write.  I post on other threads and we joke and laugh and hold each other up through humor and sometimes forget that BC still takes amazing women out of our lives every day.   Again, I am so sorry for your loss.   

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited July 2010

kelley, i am really sad to read about the passing of your dear mother.  You were a good daughter.  You do sound like you are in a state of total shock.  I hope your memories of her are a comfort to you.  My condolences to you and your family.

Your mother's name has been added to the List of Angels in the Relatives and Friends section.

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited July 2010

Kelley,

I'm so sorry for your loss.  Your mom was lucky to have the comfort and companionship of such a wonderful daughter, and rest assured she will continue to watch over you and protect you as only a mother can.  

As much as your heart aches in her absence there is such peace in knowing her suffering is no more.  I pray that you find strength to get you through this time.

~Melanie

• chrissyb
    chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
    edited July 2010

Kelly, Your Mother has been lifted gently to receive her wings by the gentle hands of a miriad of women who have gone before her. So long as you remember and speak her name she will never be far from you. She was a very lucky woman to have such a daughter and the blessings I send are for you as your Mum already has hers. If at some point you would like to talk please feel free to pm me, I will be here.Love and hugs to you who is in need of support now. chrissyb