Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Dont let them picket Elizabeth Edwards funeral

Options
defeatbc
defeatbc Member Posts: 1

I usually don't post negative topics on forums, but this news report is very disturbing:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/09/elizabeth-edwards-funeral-westboro-baptist-church_n_794333.html

If you are anywhere near Raleigh, NC, please help prevent them from dishonoring a fellow warrior.  I heard of communities coming together at events to barricade against this particular hate-group.

I have no political/religious affiliation.  I just want people to be treated with dignity.

Comments

• Lady_Madonna
    Lady_Madonna Member Posts: 313
    edited December 2010
    Options

Sick a**holes.  What is wrong with people?!  Thanks for the post... hope there are tons of people able to prevent this atrocity...

• Medigal
    Medigal Member Posts: 183
    edited December 2010
    Options

Gripes!  This is a sick, sick, so called "Church"!  I believe in freedom of speech but these people have to be stopped.  There must be something illegal about what they are doing.  They are the reason so many people want to hve nothing to do with a Church.  Talk about Hell!  Any of their members who involve themselves in despicable crap like this are surely making their way to a special "Hell"!  

• EnglishMajor
    EnglishMajor Member Posts: 122
    edited December 2010
    Options

Dear Westboro Baptist Church:

What part of "Love Thy Neighbor" don't you understand? 

Sincerely yours,

G-d

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited December 2010
    Options

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR 

Harley Biker Chick....rally your forces!  This is WRONG!

LowRider

• EnglishMajor
    EnglishMajor Member Posts: 122
    edited December 2010
    Options

That being said....

Mrs. Edwards funeral is sure to be attended by many high ranking politicians. I am sure there will be a tremendous (and effective) security presence. Although the group probably can't be banned, I am sure there presence can be minimized. 

Let's not dignify this hateful entity with further publicity.....

• raincitygirl
    raincitygirl Member Posts: 700
    edited December 2010
    Options

Absolutely shamesful!

• 3monstmama
    3monstmama Member Posts: 123
    edited December 2010
    Options

the mind boggles.  thanks for the reminder on why I was never very good at being a churchgoer even before I was a Buddhist.

On one hand I agree with EnglishMajor in that giving them more press is not a good thing.  On the other, sometimes you have to stand up and speak out against people like this.  And maybe this is one of those times.

• Lowrider54
    Lowrider54 Member Posts: 333
    edited December 2010
    Options

If my son is on the detail...I just made him aware.

• HeidiToo
    HeidiToo Member Posts: 965
    edited August 2013
    Options

Wow, that's pretty sick. I am a firm believer though in "what goes around comes around." They'll get theirs... eventually. Beyond that I agree that their actions do not dignify a response, as it only generates more publicity, which is exactly what they want. Sometimes I wonder why news organizations don't seem to get that.

• jan508
    jan508 Member Posts: 724
    edited December 2010
    Options

Very upsetting!

• shanagirl
    shanagirl Member Posts: 337
    edited December 2010
    Options

How disgusting are they?!  They've actually fashioned their own rageful hate mongering "God" to persecute anyone who does not go along with their sick form of worship. Evil people in the world to even talk about this family this way as they endure the loss of her.  To them I say God is Love

Barb

• Onetoughwoman47
    Onetoughwoman47 Member Posts: 132
    edited December 2010
    Options

Lowrider54 - I'm in..when do we leave?

• deborye
    deborye Member Posts: 2,441
    edited December 2010
    Options

OMG, that is horrible, sick and disgusting.  Let's call the police department and have them stop this outrageous act!!!!  I wish I didn't live so far away, I would go down and kick some ass.

• lovemyfamilysomuch
    lovemyfamilysomuch Member Posts: 762
    edited December 2010
    Options

I will join you deborye,  Disgusting

• Ang7
    Ang7 Member Posts: 568
    edited December 2010
    Options

I just read about this online.  What is happening to our world?
    I hope they are not able to get near the building...

This is so unfair to her and her family.

• thePuppetLady
    thePuppetLady Member Posts: 21
    edited December 2010
    Options

I saw the story earlier and was going to post a thread on it.  This is wrong on so many levels.  They're only doing it because of the expected heavy press coverage :(

I'm a member of the Patriot Guard and we ride out on our Harleys (by invitation from the bereaving family) and try to form a barrier between these jerks and the family of the fallen soldier.  I can't believe their gall to carry signs and protest against fallen soldiers and now to protest at Mrs. Edward's service....I'm absolutely disgusted!  There's gotta be a special kind of hell waiting for them.

• Fearless_One
    Fearless_One Member Posts: 905
    edited December 2010
    Options

Unbelievable.  Where's a sniper when you need 'em?    Horrible.  What is wrong with people?  

• flash
    flash Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2010
    Options

OMG.  This is just horrible.  shame on them, they do not act like Christians.

• khartoregon
    khartoregon Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2010
    Options

Well ignoring bullies either makes them go away or makes them so big that they destroy themselves.  I predict one day they'll implode inward and save the rest of us the trouble of dealing with their nonsense.  Either way we'll be done with them.

"Thank God for Breast Cancer" --- pffft whatever.  Weak.

• ruthbru
    ruthbru Member Posts: 46,944
    edited December 2010
    Options

Good for you Puppet! We had a young soldier from our town killed in  Iraq. Those sick, horrible picketed his funeral; Patriot Guard showed up & formed a barrier between the picketers and the mourners. THEY made me proud of America and you all should be thanked for the great service you do for our country. The Patriot Guard was also at the airport to send off and welcome home World War II veteran's (including my dad) when they took an Honor Flight to Washington, DC to see their memorial......very moving and impressive. And that hate group is a 'church' in the same way that 'hell' would be a nice tropical vacation..........