Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Mastectomy Sept 2011

Options
1515253545557»

Comments

• dancetrancer
    dancetrancer Member Posts: 2,461
    Options

Why yes indeed it has!  Whoop, whoop!  3 years ladies!    

I'm feeling great, except for some complications from Tamoxifen and on/off shoulder pain.   But otherwise doing well.  Hoping you all are well, too.

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,798
    Options

Still holding steady and enjoying life, even at stage IV. Good to hear from you!

Caryn

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    Options

Yes, I am OK as well. Holding steady and still flat (my choice). I do still get a bit of tightness across the incisions from time to time, but it is very minor compared to the way it was the first year.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

Doing well 3 years into my 10 years of Tamoxifen. Glad to hear others are doing well too. 

• olgah34
    olgah34 Member Posts: 300
    Options

Doing well, but last year was scared to death....my Oncologist told me I got it in my scull, thank Lord it was wrong alarm, but I was really scared...I changed him afterwards...He told me I had 2 years to live...

• groovygirls
    groovygirls Member Posts: 100
    Options

Hey all- just checking in. Its been 4 years!!!!!

• dancetrancer
    Options

Hey groovy girls! 4 years - whoop, whoop!!!!!

• Momine
    Momine Member Posts: 2,845
    Options

Yep, and I remain the titless wonder, because I am still here :)

• olgah34
    Options

I am still here too! last year was scared again- I had severe dizziness, they did MRI- it was old arthritis on my neck...and some bleeding, they did DNC, I had a polyp in my cervix, which they removed....life is full of adventures...

• groovygirls
    Options

Five years, ladies! Just checking in- hoping all is well. Nothing new with me- thats a good thing!

• dancetrancer
    Options

Same here! Doing great, and so thankful for that. 5 years is a huge milestone.

• odie16
    odie16 Member Posts: 1,415
    Options

Still doing well too! Life is good!

• olgah34
    Options

I am still here! Doing well!

• chonikel
    chonikel Member Posts: 71
    Options

five years what a ride

Still living life it's all good !

Be blessed

• msphil
    msphil Member Posts: 185
    Options

i had best friend who was a stylist cut my very short after my long thick hair started coming out brought beautiful wig that was in window looking just like i wore my hair it was just waiting 4 me. After all treatment was done i donated my wigs to cancer center where i received my treatment. God Bless i am a 22 yr Survivor PRAISE God.msphil idc stage2 0/3 nodes Lmast chemo and rads and 5yrs on tamoxifen.

• groovygirls
    Options

Hello ladies!

Just checking in- another year over.

Nothing new with me- oldest daughter started college (2 hours away so close enough to visit), DD#2 still busy with gymnastics and school (straight A student and practices 30 hours/week year round!) Still working FT in a job that I love.

Three of my co-workers are also part of the sisterhood! Small world

Hope all is well with everyone. We helped each other get thru a very tough time

• olgah34
    Options

Hello everyone! I am still here, still have chemo head. Nothing new with me, besides car accident last year, which brought me to another operation. Now I am fine, thank God, but still afraid to drive.

• groovygirls
    Options

Still knitting, Olgah?

• olgah34
    Options

Still do! And spend a lot of money on yarn. How are you doing?

• groovygirls
    Options

My annual check in! Hope every one is well! I'm still here! No longer taking any meds, switched jobs- working in addiction medicine and I love it! DD#1 switched colleges- she is now 17 hours from home! DD#2 is a junior- quit gymnastics and both are doing great!

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

groovygirls,

Good to hear from you and glad you’re doing well. Take care

• olgah34
    Options

It is already 7 years... Where is everyone?

• rachelvk
    rachelvk Member Posts: 564
    Options

Hi Olga. Thought I would check in. Hope all is well!

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

Rachel,

Glad you checked in! I’m still around and kicking 😊. Take care.

Caryn

• olgah34
    Options

It is 10 years....Where is everyone?

• exbrnxgrl
    Options

Olgah,

How are you? After ten years at stage IV, I am still around and retired from teaching in June. Who would have imagined that was even possible 10 years ago? I think I may be the only one who still posts regularly from our Sept. 2011 group. I hope everyone else is enjoying a bc free life! Take good care.
  • olgah34
    Options

Cary, it was so nice to hear from you! 10 years....I think sometimes, it was only a bad dream...till I look on my breast....I still cannot wear pink. I hate October. I had couple more DNC , because Tamoxifen has been growing cysts in uterus and cervix. I had an accident in 2016 and had hip operation Labrum tear. I am so tired of working full time and being old. I hope more our group people respond.n We were nice group and supported each other.