Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Any October 2011 Surgeries out there want to wait together?

Options

Comments

• ginger48
    ginger48 Member Posts: 1,437
    edited October 2014
    Options

Good to hear from you Margie. 

Clams-Glad to hear Mrs. Clams is doing well. 

Cannot believe it has been 3 years. 

• rachelvk
    rachelvk Member Posts: 564
    edited March 2015
    Options

Finally checked in after a long hiatus. Glad to hear the updates from those of you who chimed in last Fall. I'm doing well, too. Ooph went fine, and last MO appointment last month was uneventful. Returned to fencing (at least footwork) last month after last year's knee surgery. So I suppose all is well.

Ginger - I still keep meaning to get up to CT for more than a quick overnight stay.

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hi Rachel!

Nice to see you, glad the ooph is behind you! I'm due for an appt with my oncologist. The word alone makes my stomach clench...4 years ago this month I had that stupid mammo...

Xoxox

Eema:)

• ginger48
    edited March 2015
    Options

Hey Rachel- good to see you. Glad that you are doing well. I have only been getting down to Stamford for a night at a time too. So busy these days.

Eema- our diagnosis date is very similar. I had my mammo 4 years ago this month too. I got my results on 4/5/11.

I am doing well. I started running, biking and swimming this past summer. I joined a gym when it got too cold to run outside. Exercise makes me feel so much better!

Who else is out there? Hope others check in.

• AthabascanWarriorPrincess
    AthabascanWarriorPrincess Member Posts: 15
    edited April 2015
    Options

Every few months I think of this group and how everyone is doing. I'm still on Laptinib and Herceptin. My onc says until it interferes with my quality of life. uh-yeah. But I have my three little ones (not so little anymore), and I'm going to keep with this as long as possible. Most days are spent in bed, partially due to the blues, partially because of the challenge to move like I used to. I feel so tired. I can get a few chores around the house done then I'm spent. But I am looking forward to the midnight sun here in Alaska this summer. I'm slowly moving items off my "bucket list", so I would count life as good. Very good and I feel so blessed to have found this group. Lots of love to you all.

Rhonda

• ginger48
    edited April 2015
    Options

hi Rhonda. Good to hear from you. I think of this group often because you were all part of the first BCO thread I followed.

I am sorry you have to spend so much time in bed and hope that each day finds you a little stronger. I hope your bucket list items have been fun ones.

Lots of love,

Ginger

• rachelvk
    edited October 2015
    Options

Just checking in - can you all believe it's been 4 years? I hope everyone has been doing well. I'll check in later in the month. Take care, all.

• ginger48
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Rachel-good to hear from you. Hopefully, some others will check in also. I cannot believe it has been 4 years!

• Mayk
    Mayk Member Posts: 8
    edited October 2015
    Options

10/15 BMX with expanders

• rachelvk
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi Mayk. We're actually all from surgeries in 2011 - but good luck on yours. You've found a great resource in breastcancer.org.

• MargieC
    MargieC Member Posts: 302
    edited October 2015
    Options

HI all

I can't believe it has been 4 years. Some days it seems like it was just yesterday and other it seems so long ago. I hope everyone is doing well and living their best life ever.

sending everyone a hug.

• GrandmaV
    GrandmaV Member Posts: 1,045
    edited October 2015
    Options

Hi everyone, 4 years Oct. 11. I'm still on letrozole. I have 1 year 6 months to go. Still seeing Onco every 3 months. Had a bit of a scare recently with mammogram on non cancer side. But ro says 97% sure its benign, so go back in February for follow up mammo and sono. I hope everyone is doing well.

edited December 2015
    Options

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays my dear friends. I started my reconstruction in November...4 to be exact. I had expanders put in and had my second fill yesterday. We're taking our time on this one. I also started Iron, a few weeks ago as it looks as though I am anemic. In January I was diagnosed with Hyper-thyroidism (which they say has nothing to do with the cancer, :/ ) I guess weirder things have happened. I am moving around much more, taking my kids to school, picking them up. Girl Scouts with the baby (now 7!!!), basketball with the all-star and loving life with the teenage daughter. Life is good. Very good. Just on here looking up expanders, what to expect, what's not "normal". Hahaha. Yes, life is very good indeed. Sending love and warmth from Alaska... Rhonda

• ginger48
    edited December 2015
    Options

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! Glad everyone is doing well. Sending lots of love and peace to you all!

• MargieC
    MargieC Member Posts: 302
    edited December 2015
    Options

I hope everyone had a Merry Masochist and Happy Hanukkah.

Wishing all my dear "sisters" a Happy New Year. Hope 2016 is the best year ever for everyone.

• rachelvk
    edited March 2016
    Options

Hi all. I realized I hadn't check in for a while. Hope everyone is doing well.

• rachelvk
    edited March 2016
    Options

Has anyone been in touch with iLuv2knit (Susan)? I realized I hadn't seen posts on FB from her in a while, and when I looked for her, it said her account has been deactivated. And here, her last post is from the summer expressing concern about a spot on a brain MRI....

• rachelvk
    edited March 2016
    Options

Update - I heard from Susan and she's fine. Sorry about the scare!

• ginger48
    edited March 2016
    Options

So glad to hear that!

Hi Rachel

edited April 2017
    Options

This place has truely been a lifeline for me. So. My little update. Expanders placed March 2015, a tear in an incision in March/ April last year, fixed, implants in in June, infection in July/ August, everything removed in October. I just saw my Plastic surgeon yesterday and we are a go to start over after the summer. Right now my chest is concave, BUT ALIVE! Crazy to believe stage 4 to NED! I'm still on Herceptin round 43 a week ago. I'll continue on for as long as necessary. It's Spring in Alaska and that's good. New life. Hope all are doing well. Like I said this place is a Godsend, I feel like I can post about my challenges and cancer crap and not feel like it drains on anyone. :)

• ginger48
    edited April 2017
    Options

Hi Rhonda-NED is amazing! Congrats on that!! Sorry your reconstruction has been such a long road. I hope this next time does the trick.

Anybody else out there? Would love to hear some updates.

• rachelvk
    edited March 2018
    Options

Just checking in - I know it's been a long time. Just had my six-month MO check-up. All is well. Six years out of chemo now! I can't believe it! I hope all of you have been doing well.

• ginger48
    edited March 2018
    Options

hey Rachel- good to see you. I just had my 6 month checkup and except for osteoporosis I am doing fine too!

edited March 2019
    Options

Hello my sister-friends! How is everyone? Can we believe it's been 7 years! Feels like just yesterday! Love and prayers to you all!

• ginger48
    edited March 2019
    Options

hi Rhonda-

I am glad to hear from you. Iam doing well. Going on 8 years in April for me.

Hopefully others will chime in and say hello.

• Eema
    Eema Member Posts: 403
    edited March 2019
    Options

I’m here! After 8 years and now have Cutaneous tcell lymphoma... and moved to Israel for care and treatment. It’s much better not having to worry myself sick over treatment costs. Love and healing to all, and thinking of those who haven’t made it this far. X

• Clams
    Clams Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi ladies. All these years later, my wife Randi is doing great. Still has some PTSD (as do all of us) but otherwise healthy as a horse! Best wishes to all of you.

• GrandmaV
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi everyone, I'm struggling. 7 years on Ai's has taken a toll. I had 2nd primary in opposite breast in 2017 and finally had bmx. Haven't been the same since. But glad to be alive. Thought about stopping Ai at 7 years because of study that said 10 no better than 7. But breast cancer index said 5 extra years would cut risk. Not sure what to do. Glad to know others are doing well.

• ginger48
    edited March 2019
    Options

Hi Eema- Lymphoma?! I hope your move is working out for you!

Clams- glad your wife is doing well. I remember thinking how great that you joined up at BCO to help you both get through it. That cancer PTSD is rough at times.

GrandmaV- sorry that you are struggling. BMX was a tough recovery for me too. I also had terrible side effects from Femara. Could barely move, so much pain, bad sleep, just felt really down. But once I switched to Aromasin, a lot of that got better. I still had some trigger fingers that got stuck and I do now have osteoporosis but overall less side effects. Maybe talk to your dr about taking a short break or trying Aromasin. Wishing you better days ahead.

Who else is out there? Chime in.

• GrandmaV
    edited March 2019
    Options

Thanks Ginger. I'll talk to him about it.