Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Starbeauty is an Angel

Options
Maureen813
Maureen813 Member Posts: 1,826

Our beautiful friend Esther is an angel.  She is our sweet friend from the WNY thread.  A beautiful woman who just completed her master's degree in Nursing.  A wonderful mother to three children.  A wife to a warm and kind man, the love of her life.  Sleep well my sweet friend.  We will miss you forever sweet lady. We are heartbroken

Love,

Maureen

Comments

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited February 2012
    Options

Esther, you will remain in our hearts forever, dear friend.  You were in life and now in your passing, an angel.  love, Karen

• celia088
    celia088 Member Posts: 975
    edited February 2012
    Options

Sadly, Esther's name has been added to the List of Angels.

• heymoose
    heymoose Member Posts: 682
    edited February 2012
    Options

My dear Angel you will be greatly missed.  You are in my heart.

Hugs and Kisses,

Cheryl 

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited February 2012
    Options

What a shock. Never corresponded directly with her but was touched by the depth of her feelings and perceptiveness about what this disease can mean for a women. So sorry for her family!

• beacon800
    beacon800 Member Posts: 47
    edited February 2012
    Options

I am very surprised! I thought she was doing well. Her posts were great. This is very bad news.

• Cyborg
    Cyborg Member Posts: 192
    edited March 2012
    Options

What the heck happened? It seems so sudden... .

• Leah_S
    Leah_S Member Posts: 1,929
    edited February 2012
    Options

I am so saddened to hear this. May G-d send comfort to her family.

Leah

• karen333
    karen333 Member Posts: 2,037
    edited February 2012
    Options

Dearest Esther, you are my first thought of the day.   Karen

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012
    Options

She wasn't feeling well and all went downhill from there.  This disease is scary,  Prayers to her family. 

• IllinoisNancy
    IllinoisNancy Member Posts: 99
    edited February 2012
    Options

This is horrible!  A month ago she was doing well and chatting away.  Was she even aware that it had spread to other parts of her body?  Did it spead to other parts?  I'm in shock and sadness over this post.  I so hate breast cancer!!!

• dlb823
    dlb823 Member Posts: 2,701
    edited February 2012
    Options

Maureen, I'm so sorry to read about this very tragic loss of your friend and BCO member.  If Starbeauty was still Stage II, as her stats indicate, then it would be really helpful at some point to actually find out and clarify what happened. Surely there were extenuating circumstances.  As sad, shocking and unfortunate as this is, I'm also concerned that this post must be terrifying to any recently dx'd women reading it.  For that reason, I think it's appropriate to clarify that Stage II bc doesn't normally result in this sort of outcome without something like a serious pre-existing condition, drug interaction (which happens with all sorts of medical conditions), or maybe a seriously suppressed immune system -- all of which would be extremely rare.  

(((Hugs))) to you, and my sincere condolences to her family.    Deanna

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012
    Options

Don't know what happened.  She wasn't feeling well and went for scans. At that point it had metastasized to liver and possible lungs.  Liver lesions were too numerous to count. I don't understand the speed of her disease either.  It's just so sad. I'm scared too, seemed so fast, it makes you wonder if something was missed?  I'm certain she's painfree and happy now and for that I am so very grateful.

Maureen 

• lulubee
    lulubee Member Posts: 903
    edited February 2012
    Options

Thank you for that clarification, Maureen.  I too was alarmed that someone might have died from this at Stage II... that is something that just doesn't happen without extreme complications and co-morbid disease.  It is at least a little less confusing to know that she had actually progressed to Stage IV, though it is still deeply disturbing and distressing.  The speed of her progression is just astonishing, and so sad.  

My sincere condolences to you and to all her family and friends. 

• 1Athena1
    1Athena1 Member Posts: 672
    edited February 2012
    Options

This is about starbeauty and not other people's fears. Whatever took her life is her private concern and that of her family and friends. Let's honor that and keep her loved ones in our thoughts.

• reesie
    reesie Member Posts: 413
    edited February 2012
    Options

That was so fast. I'm so sorry to hear this (I saw she was just getting some tests don because of her liver numbers).

My prayers go out to her family and friends.

• mks16
    mks16 Member Posts: 154
    edited February 2012
    Options

My condolences to her family and everyone who knew and loved her...

• debbie6122
    debbie6122 Member Posts: 2,935
    edited February 2012
    Options

My deepest sympathies to her family and all who loved her. This is so sad.

• proudmom_wife
    proudmom_wife Member Posts: 176
    edited February 2012
    Options

My sincere condolences to her family and friends.  

• bevin
    bevin Member Posts: 519
    edited February 2012
    Options

Dear Esther - you were a very dear friend to all of us in WNY. We will all miss you and while we are sad on earth, heaven is lit up like a star with your entrance. I know you are now pain free and we will pray for your dear husband and children.

Sending prayers of strength to your family

Bevin

• SusanHG
    SusanHG Member Posts: 455
    edited February 2012
    Options

Payers, Condolences, and deepest sympathy to Esther's family at this very difficult time. 

Susan

• Maureen813
    edited February 2012
    Options

I miss you.

Love,

Maureen