Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...
Webinar: Corrective Breast Reconstruction: Getting the Results You Want Join us July 9, 2024 at 6pm ET. Register here.

Breast Cancer in Men?

cthasty3 Member Posts: 1
edited February 2017 in Male Breast Cancer


I am 17 years old. Recently, I have been noticing spots popping up along side of my breast. They are very red and tender to touch. The first one I saw was on my right side, right near the base of the breast. It was red and tender, but the redness went away, and is still sore to the touch, a little. Last night, while I was in the shower, I noticed another spot. I touched it, and of course, it hurt. I showed it to my mother, who is a nurse. She said that men could develop breast cancer, especially if they have a lot of breast tissue (which I do), but it is rare. I need some help. Should I go to the doctor on this, or should I just wait it out?



  • 1NippledBandit
    1NippledBandit Member Posts: 8
    edited June 2012

    Go to the doctor to be safe.  I am no expert, but it doesn't look like breast cancer.  My lump never appeared red and didn't hurt at all.  Good luck to you.

  • moderators
    moderators Posts: 8,175
    edited June 2012

    cthasty, we're sorry that you're dealing with this worry. As well as the good advice from your mother, and 1NippledBandit, there is information on the main site that's specifically about Male Breast Cancer.

    Please come back and let us know what your doctor has to say - we're here to support you any time.

    The Mods

  • Dorotea
    Dorotea Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014

    Hi, I have the same one. Did you go to the doctor, was it something that you should have worried about?

  • cliff
    cliff Member Posts: 86
    edited February 2017

    go now, the sooner you find out, the better. if it isn't, you can stoop worrying, if it is, the earlier you catch it, the easier it is to stop.