Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

2013 Survivors!!!

Options

Comments

• marianelizabeth
    marianelizabeth Member Posts: 1,156
    edited June 2015
    Options

2fried, so sad for you~~you two fought his battle well and with grace. Thank you for letting us know. A big hug coming your way from Canada.

• Ossa
    Ossa Member Posts: 685
    edited June 2015
    Options

2 fried, So sorry to hear This cruel disease saddens me

• Joanne_53
    Joanne_53 Member Posts: 714
    edited June 2015
    Options

2 fried ... You are in my thoughts ...

• juneaubugg
    juneaubugg Member Posts: 517
    edited June 2015
    Options

2fried: xoxxxxxx and a zillion HUGS.

• juneaubugg
    edited June 2015
    Options

so... Friday is my UMX anniversary. THREE years. Wednesday I have my annual mammo. Friday I leave on vacation to Wilmington NC 1/2 the week and on to the outer banks for the last 5 days.

IM in Las Vegas right now. Just finished a trade show. My boss and I are getting along much better and I'm feeling more comfortable.

After a little over a month on isagenix, I'm down a full size and can fit into clothes I bought years ago and never wore because I gained so much weight on chemo. YAY! I love isagenix! Finally doing what all those drs and medications couldn't do!

I've been so busy that I haven't checked in in over a month!!! I won't let that happen again!

Websister; hw have you healed up?

Marianneliz; how are you faring?

Xoxo ladies

• marianelizabeth
    edited June 2015
    Options

juneaubugg, hard to believe that we will all be coming up to 3 year anniversaries for one thing or another. So good to hear that you are getting along better with the boss AND going on holiday!

Yes, Websister, how are you doing?

I saw my MO today and told her about my mood issues and am glad I did. I have a re-referral to the psychiatrist at our cancer agency and MO takes this seriously. She mentioned an antidepressant called Venlafaxine (Effexor) that also she uses for hot flashes. Also she says I can take a 2 week break from Anastrozole just to rule out it being the culprit though she is pretty sure it is not. She and I both know it is no brainer to continue as it really is my biggest gun~~goes down a lot from the 47% chance of recurrence without it.

Hugs to all of you and hope your summers are going well.

Believe, yes I am off trekking again in the fall~~will see how Nepal is though the trek I am leading is in Bhutan, then I am leading many from that group on a tour of Rajasthan and finally back to Nepal to trek with my husband and my friend and agent I have know for over a decade to see first hand the devastation of Langtang, a main trekking route. I suppose in a way, this keeps me going...

• KarenZ0305
    KarenZ0305 Member Posts: 345
    edited June 2015
    Options

2-fried I am so sorry. May your happiest memories hug you like a warm blanket on a cold night and bring sunshine on a dreary day.

• websister
    websister Member Posts: 405
    edited June 2015
    Options

Juneau - we've come along way since three years ago! Sounds like things are going well for you. Glad you have found something that is working for you for weight loss. What a wonderful feeling to dig out old clothes and have them fit :)

Marianelizabeth - so happy that you told your MO about the mood issues and that she took them seriously. It will be interesting this fall for you to return to Nepal after the earthquakes there this year.

I am healing well but at the point in recovery where I'm tired of it all, just want to get back to normal. I will have another fill on the implant side on Thursday this week; it should be the last one he thinks and then we will discuss when the TE is exchanged for the implant. I love the flap side already- so soft and natural. Very pleased over all, just not very good at being a patient 'patient' ;

• ireland20
    ireland20 Member Posts: 175
    edited June 2015
    Options

2fried so sorry for your loss.xxxxx

• juneaubugg
    edited June 2015
    Options

websister; hang in there. Your on the home stretch

• ireland20
    edited July 2015
    Options

25th June was the last post. Must  be holiday season....Enjoy!!!. Love to you all.xxxx

• Believe777
    Believe777 Member Posts: 540
    edited July 2015
    Options

hi Ireland! I was thinking that everyone must be having a wonderful summer. I hope you are too. I am.

I keep thinking about posting but not sure where to start . We are back in Sacramento with our house on the market. I'm really getting tired of keeping it clean. I hope it sells soon. My dh keeps reminding me that everything sells eventually.

I made it through all of my 6 month doctors appts. In June. They couldn't find anything wrong with me but my dentist found two teeth that needed attention. Yuk, always something. But I'm not complaining. I feel great and plan to stay that way.

Ireland - maybe you started something here. Good to hear from you. What are you up to?

• lisa2012
    lisa2012 Member Posts: 288
    edited July 2015
    Options

2fried, so sorry to hear this. I loveyour posts and remember your affectionate comments about him. Love to you...

• websister
    edited July 2015
    Options

Believe - hope your house sells soon so you can relax and enjoy the summer a bit more - good to hear that you passed your 6 month appts, hope the dental work goes smoothly for you

I am doing well post op, we are off on vacation starting next Saturday with my oldest son and family; took my youngest son to his college on Friday for a new student orientation - he will start first week of September and is looking forward to it. We will be empty nester's in the fall for the first time in 33 years!

Hope everyone is having a good summer

• juneaubugg
    edited July 2015
    Options

believe; did I miss a post? Why are you selling??? Just downsizing??

• juneaubugg
    edited July 2015
    Options

ps. I made an appointment for a haircut for Wednesday. First one in three years!!! I'll lose my chemo curls. Friends don't want me to do it. What do you ladies think? Me and my beautiful friend (on the left) in San Diego below...

• Believe777
    edited July 2015
    Options

Juneau - cute picture. I vote for a trim rather than cutting your hair. Long hair is popular now but give in time and short hair will come back.

Did you connect with Scottie in San Diego. She's visiting family.

We want to move to Nevada full time but our house in Sacramento hasn't sold. Maybe a prayer chain would help. We are going back to Nevada in October, no matter what. It's hard going back and forth.

Websister - enjoy being empty nesters. I recommend it highly. Glad you are post op.

• websister
    edited July 2015
    Options

Juneaubug - I am also liking the chemo curls and longer look but you are a beautiful lady and I remember you rocked all the hair looks along this journey :)

• Jennie93
    Jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited July 2015
    Options

Juneau, my hair looks almost exactly like yours. I hate the chemo curls, can't wait to cut them off, just haven't got up the nerve yet.

• marianelizabeth
    edited July 2015
    Options

Yikes I have lost the chemo curls and had curly hair all my life so am the opposite of you. I blame Anastrozole as the only other times my hair went straighter were when I was pregnant.

• KarenZ0305
    KarenZ0305 Member Posts: 345
    edited July 2015
    Options

My stylist was shocked because out of all the women she has known through the years who went through chemo I was the only one who didn't get the chemo curls. Plus my brows and lashes never came back so in the fall I'm getting permanent cosmetic brows and every day I put on my "Jacki" lashes that I got from Causemetics. It's a company that for every product you buy they donate one to a woman going through treatment.

• ireland20
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Believe, I really hope your house sells.:)

I am just back from spain.....where it was extremely hot! I never stopped sweating!!!! I have decided that I was definitely designed for colder climates!. It was the first holiday without my eldest...ay 18, she decided to duck out of our holiday and went to another Island in spain to party with her friends....she enjoyed it soooo much I doubt she will be interested in joining us again anytime soon! I too am sporting longer hair , however it is really fine with one area still very ###transparent as my hairdresser puts it....this has narrowed my options as to cut it short again would highlight this problem. Does anyonevrlse have this problem? Hugs to all.x

• marianelizabeth
    edited August 2015
    Options

Well, just recently it seems my curls are slowly returning. Ireland, mine is thinner but I guess the bit of curl helps.

FYI, awhile back I talked about feeling depressed etc. I finally acknowledged it to my MO in June on bi-annual visit and was referred back to my cancer agency psychiatrist. MO also suggested I take an antidepressant Venlafaxine (Effexor in US). Soon after, I met up with the psychiatrist I had seen a couple of years ago and as luck would have it, she has a senior psych resident for the summer who is working with Mindfulness. Thus I am in a 6 week one on one Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy course. I am also a month into taking the antidepressant and am "happy" to report that perhaps with the combination I am feeling like I have a new lease on life. Two S/E are insomnia and constipation but my night sweats have almost disappeared~~something my MO says works for about 50%. I am trying to write a blog post, something I have not and was unable to, for a year.

Hope all of you are enjoying summer.

This morning I read a blog post which comes automatically, from Scorchy who was with us in the beginning. It made me so much want to see her and give her a big hug. If any of you follow her blog or want the link, just ask.

• Jennie93
    Jennie93 Member Posts: 263
    edited August 2015
    Options

Oh yes indeed, I remember Scorchy. The sarcastic boob blog is one of my favorites. She's not afraid to say right out, what we all are thinking!

It's sad that so many who supported each other through the whole cancer thing have moved on. I totally get the desire to put it all in the past and close the door. But I keep coming back here, for the companionship, I guess, there isn't anyone who understands in real life. So, I understand, but I'm sad.

Best wishes to all. My dx anniversary is coming up shortly. Always tough.

• Believe777
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi Jennie! I think we all come back. So nice that we are all having cancerversaries. Everyone being busy is a good thing. Love that cancer is in my rear window.

So many wonderful travelers to exotic places too.

Our home hasn't sold yet but we have a few people that have been coming back so hopefully one of them brings us an offer. We will be going to Monterey at the end of Sept and back to our home in Laughlin in October - no matter what.

A little nervous about finding new Doctors but I know it will all work out.

About hair - I totally didn't get any hair skills. I've been letting my hair grow for about 3 years with a couple minor trims in the meantime. It's not curly or thinner just longer. Nothing to contribute on the subject , wish I did.

• lisa2012
    lisa2012 Member Posts: 288
    edited August 2015
    Options

coming up on 3 yr MRI of implant. Apparently this is just to check the structural integrity if the implant, does not check for cancer. Wonder why not! Would like to feel it is all shine me, but with a cousin who had a recurrence after three years, I still feel anxious.

Though mostly good...

• Believe777
    edited August 2015
    Options

hi Lisa - I think we are all at the 3 year mark. How did your cousin find out she had a reoccurrence? It seems like we are all on a 6 month or 1 year call back schedule. If you haven't run into any problems, take deep breaths. Each day is a gift to enjoy. We all worry too but don't let it consume you.

I'm happy to report we got an offer on our home! Yeah - they want to close and take possession in 30 days ... I'm a packing maniac. I have 25 years of stuff to go through ... Boy have my priorities in stuff, changed! In the future, I will take photos - just like 2Fried recommended. Much easier to pack!

Hugs to all!

• ireland20
    edited August 2015
    Options

Congrats Believe, you will be a busy bee....We moved whilst I was in hospital for my orginal surgery...the bonus was I didnt have to pack or unpack.xx

• Believe777
    edited August 2015
    Options

Ireland - as you point out. There is always a rainbow somewhere :-)

• Scottiee1
    Scottiee1 Member Posts: 1,790
    edited August 2015
    Options

Congrats Believe.....you certainly will be busy....lol