Come join others currently navigating treatment in our weekly Zoom Meetup! Register here: Tuesdays, 1pm ET.
Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

January 2014 Surgery Sisters

Options
1119120121122123125»

Comments

• Mommyathome
    Mommyathome Member Posts: 876
    edited January 2019
    Options

happy cancer versary my january sisters! Hope you are all well!!

• pinktiara
    pinktiara Member Posts: 716
    edited February 2019
    Options

Right back atcha, little lady....

5 years! What a milestone. Even though I am only 2 years out from my last surgery, I still consider being 5 years out. No mets, just a few missed cells. 

Hope everyone is well......would love to hear from you.

peace and hugs,

Eve

• Mommyathome
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi ladies. If anyone reads this i need your opinion. The past week or so ago i noticed a small pea sized lump on my left “breast”. Its actually more to the chest wall below my collarbone but above the implant. Ive also been getting terrible pain in the breast and my lower back. Im so scared that it is something.

I called the doctor yesterday to see if i could be aeen but they cant see me until february 28. Should i be concerned? Should i wait til the 28th? What other options do i have? Could the plastic surgeon see me to rule out a recurrence?

• bc101
    bc101 Member Posts: 923
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi - what dr. did you call? If you called your BS or MO, maybe try your PCP? I don't think a PS would see you for that. I can't remember if you were released from oncology, but if your PCP isn't very responsive, maybe ask to see someone else at the clinic. When my Dr. can't get me in right away, I see the nurse and she'll refer me for a scan after consulting with the Dr. They are very good about getting me in. Sorry your clinic isn't more responsive. Best of luck. Keep us updated!

• Mommyathome
    edited February 2019
    Options

Hi. I debated calling my regular primary dr. I think by the time I got an appt to see her then go for scan itd end up being feb 28 anyway. So i wait. I go to bs on feb 28. I know they will do ultrasound there aNd feel around.

Would an uktrasound pick up wverything? It feels lije a pea sized “ball” on bone close to cleavage...

• pinktiara
    edited February 2019
    Options

hey Kiddo,

Of course I cant say one way or another what "it" is. I can only tell you I have hard lumps in my scars from the mastectomies. They are called keloid scar tissue. It is how my body reacts to cuts. Anyhow, my bumps feel like tumors but they are NOT..

As far as an ultrasound, mine did detect cancer...cysts and cancer tumors look completely different.

Hang in there

peace, eve

• Mommyathome
    edited February 2019
    Options

thanks eve. Ya they ultrasound every 6 months and i have lumps that fill with fluid since the fat grafting, but this is away from the implant near the boney spot between collarbone and implant near cleavage area....

• Mommyathome
    edited February 2019
    Options

so. I had an uktrasound today. They said one area looks like fluid filled cyst, another area looks like a complex cyst. Have any of you had this? Anything to be concerned about?

• bc101
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi Beverly - if it were me, I would insist on testing for any fluid for CD30 markers to rule out BiaALCL. What did they say after your other aspirations? Is it fat necrosis? That is common with fat grafting - also very painful. Might want to biospy those to know for sure.

After more than 5 years of pain and swelling with my implants, I decided to get them out. AND I have to admit after hearing about all the women on the news who were diagnosed with BiaALCL after having textured implants, that was the final straw. Personally I was never happy with my reconstruction - they felt too big and heavy. Plus I was tired of the pain that never went away - it would come and go along with swelling and hardness on the cancer side. Then I started getting lumps along the edge of one side and an enlarged node in my armpit on the other side. I was constantly running to the doctor, asking for this test and that. So enough! Boobs be gone! It was found that I had fat necrosis and chronic inflammation, plus an abnormal finding of bacteria on the implants. Yikes! But I felt better immediately. No more heavy sandbags hanging on my chest. My PS tried her best to talk me out of it - right up to the end. She said over and over again she can't guarantee the pain will be gone, but so far so good!!

Hope you are all doing well!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hi Mary,

So happy to hear from you!

Long journey....5 years +..

As you may remember I went flat a little over 2 years ago. I've never regretted it. I did miss having boobs, but not so much any more. 

I tried the prothesis but it felt so foreign and the bras cut into my side and HURT! So nope. I really don't care anymore that I am flat and in fact I am very comfortable. I hope you feel the same way.

I still get a zinger now and again but its mostly due to a change in weather or that I done too much. Oh well I'm an always do too much kinda gal.

At any rate life is good.

love and peace,

Eve

• bc101
    edited May 2019
    Options

Hey Eve!

Yes I do remember! I think the real test for me is when I go back to work next week. I’m pretty sure I don’t want to wear a prosthesis either. It will depend on how well I can disguise it - maybe just wear a mx bra with pad. No one looks at me that close anyway, lol! 🧐 We’ll see...

HUGS!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2019
    Options

Mary,

lol..yeah! no one looks at me either...so funny. If you want to try the silicone prothesis I have c cup size. they aren't too big. I have a couple of bras also. I tried them out once and they just weren't right for me. I have a lot of muscle damage on the previous cancer side so I never attempted to wear them. Ill send everything to you if you like. At least you can try them out without spending any money...let me know

Love, Eve

• bc101
    edited May 2019
    Options

Oh that's sweet of you to offer, but my insurance pays for the mx bras - a really nice bene which I've used since my mx. They aren't that exciting, but they work. Besides, I'm sure you're much smaller than I am around the band. I just need to get some forms to go inside the cups. I usually just ask my primary doc for the RX and they pay for 4 a year, I think. This week I'm getting fitted at a new place that's close to home. I went shopping today at Kohl's and got some flat sports bras. Feels great! They are hard to find. Seems like everything has molded cups now! I also ordered some knitted knockers so am looking forward to trying those. If nothing else, I have a huge bag of fiberfill from crocheting projects, lol!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2019
    Options

I have the knitted knockers also. How sweet that the ladies make them. I also have a ton of fiber fill. Nothing ever worked for me so I just gave up and embraced my flatness. It wasn't easy but now I don't care. Im comfortable. I do seek out tops that have a pattern or embellishment in the boob area. 

I have an appointment with my surgeon in a couple of weeks, Ill ask her if there is a place where I can donate my stuff. the prosthesis are pretty expensive also the bras...so maybe I can help someone out.

Be well, my friend   keep in touch

I think of everyone and send prayers

Eve

• bc101
    edited May 2019
    Options

This one's for you, Eve (notice she has a tiara!!!)

• Mommyathome
    edited May 2019
    Options

hi ladies. Well i went to the bs and she looked on ultrasound and said nope, its the same spots we aspirated before, its fat necrosis ans fuild filled cysts we arent touching them. The more we poke the more likely it is to get an infection. So i walked out with no plan other than this is my new normal. I saw ps yesterday and she agreed with bs saying if she goes in to clean out fat grafting it could cause infection and damage the reconstructed breasts. So... here i am. She suggested warm showers, heating pads and mortin.

Along with that, i have my 6 month appt with endocrinologist for osteoporosis on tuesday next week and my yearly colonoscopy coming up may 28. Have any of you ataken fosamax?

I was so excited to login and see posts from you ladies. Yes Eve, 5 plus years strong! Geez what a ride!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2019
    Options

LOL, I love Barbie..

My mom and Grammy made the BEST Barbie clothes. I even had real mink coats for them. It was fabulous. My dad made me a woredrob that opened up and had mirrored doors and he made tiny little hangers for all the clothes. I had everything Barbie back in the day. Spoiled rotten??? Yep. I had midge, Ken, scooter and there was a baby sister too.

Thanks for the memories, and the tiara. Sweet!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2019
    Options

Beverly,

glad to hear everything turned out ok.

I go to BS at the end of May. My lymphedema seems to be getting worse but still no a big deal.

be well

• Mommyathome
    edited May 2019
    Options

eve,

My mom has lymphema she wears a compression sleeve During the day and a different kind of sleeve at night. If she gets stressed or uses it too much she ends up with cellulitus, or infection and needs antibiotics. No fun thats for aure!

• pinktiara
    edited May 2019
    Options

I notice the lymphedema more when I lift stuff. Mine is on my side. Oh well, if that's all there is to think about, I'm good.

Happy Mother's Day! 

• Mommyathome
    edited August 2019
    Options

hi everyone! I hope everyone is well!!! Check in when you can.

• Mommyathome
    edited December 2019
    Options

hi ladies! Just wanted to say happy holidays.,hope everyone is doing great! Miss seeing your posts

• Mommyathome
    edited December 2019
    Options

Merry Christmas! I hope you are all well!!

• Mommyathome
    edited September 2020
    Options

hi ladies. Just wanted to check in to see if anyone was still on this site.... hope you are all wel