Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• Chevyboy
    Chevyboy Member Posts: 10,258
    edited April 2015

Good Morning gals! You are all so creative! I love "home-made" poems, and so enjoy anyone with artistic skills! Now THOSE were big words, but sometimes I know what I am talking about...Loopy

I couldn't put a coherent poem together.... BUT I can put together a fantastic trail-mix! yay!!!!!!!!!

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,703
    edited April 2015

I do like poetry. My favorite poets are Emily Dickinson and Robert Frost.

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,921
    edited April 2015

Is there a poetry lover's thread on here? If not, someone could start one. We have books and birdwatching, so why not poetry?

• juliecc
    juliecc Member Posts: 4,360
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• GG27
    GG27 Member Posts: 1,308
    edited April 2015

The 3 meow one literally made me LOL!! Thanks! GG

• MombieZombie
    MombieZombie Member Posts: 296
    edited April 2015

Chevy--I love that poem quote. I'll be adding that to my facebook wall and my quote journal.

Kiwi--I love alternate lyrics. That's a cute one you created. At church we have a skit competition called Road Show. Each congregation in the area puts on a skit. I was charged with putting the music together for the singing part. I took music from Grease and tweaked all the lyrics. Our skit won the competition.

Thanks for the great complements. I will have to share The Burden Monster and Ode to a Botanist Husband next.

Feelingfeline--I'm very glad your son doesn't wipe them on the wall anymore! LOL

Just A Snack was inspired by a particular incident. My daughter had the booger eating habit. Drove me crazy, but what can you do? We did our best to fix the situation. Well, one day her Sunday school teacher came to me and says, "I have a funny story to tell you." Well, when your daughter is four and she is renowned for "funny stories" everywhere, you kind of just go, "oh dear, what has she done now?" The teacher had been teaching an object lesson that included a white handkerchief. She asked each of the kids what you do with one. The normal children each said things like, "blow your nose", etc. A boy said, "you can wipe boogers on it". My daughter pops up excitedly and says, "or you could just eat them!!" I kind of wished I could crawl under a rock when the teacher told me this. My daughter has Turner's Syndrome and tends to really think outside the box. We aren't even sure there is even a box! But she is also the biggest source of joy in our house too. My DH is writing a book about raising her because along with the challenges, it's also been hilariously amusing!

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2015

Morning gals! Mombie, I looked up Turner's Syndrome, mainly because I had never heard of that before.... Your little girl is a treasure! She sounds like so much fun, and easy to be around...

Julie! Those are hysterical.... I load up my Daughter's mail-box every morning with them...Winking

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2015

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2015

• Chevyboy
    edited April 2015
  • juliecc
    edited April 2015

Good ones, Chevy!

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• juliecc
    edited April 2015

• MombieZombie
    edited April 2015

So many fun poems and pictures to wake up to. Feeling really crumby this morning. Looks like bed is going to be my hang out place today, so thanks for all the happy things to look at this morning!! I'll try to add something soon.

Chevy--That was nice of you to look up Turner's. Thank you for being interested. Romina is indeed as treasure. She is very lucky. The outward physical disfigurements that can be present are so minimal in my daughter that she appears normal. It didn't save her completely from mean kids, but it helped. I wish all of you could meet her. She is like depression medicine. Her happy spirit is super infectious and has a healing nature.

Julie--The raccoon pic reminds me of something that happened some years back. I had to teach an all day nutrition class for a huge church conference for youth girls. I'm not a nutritionist, so this required a lot of research and preparation. (thankfully I had a sister in law with a degree) In this class, I used a lot of grocery items for visual aids. When I got home from teaching, I opened the back of my car, grabbed a load of things to put away and then went into the house. I put that stuff away and then was so overcome with exhaustion that I went to bed, forgetting the open car and all the stuff therein. My DH comes home from work, I'm cooking dinner in oblivion and further forgetfulness. He says, "did you know that our van is full of an entire family of raccoons? It was quite a job getting them out of there and OH, what a mess!!

• MombieZombie
    edited April 2015

When we get sick of zucchini and run out of ways to use and get rid of it, we let the last of the crop grow to monstrous size. Then we carve out "Viking ships" and decorate them with veggie people. Then we have our annual Zucchini Boat Races on the creek. My DH is a living contradiction. He grows a huge garden that he doesn't like to eat. He hates eating veggies!! LOL The boat races are what he feels is the soul purpose is for zucchini being on the earth. hahahaimage

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited April 2015

MZ, I think you could make a children's tv show with your zucchini characters.  How do you race the boats? I mean what makes them go?  Are they pulled by a string or just the current moves them along?   You should post a video of it.

• MombieZombie
    edited April 2015

Music--I'm afraid I don't have any video of it or I would post that. We just let the current carry them along. The race is rather tongue-in-cheek. The boats get stuck, they fall over and all the "vikings" drown, they turn backwards. It's always a surprise if one makes it past the finish line! LOL It's the building of the boats that we really get into. It's become as traditional and important as pumpkin carving at Halloween. We always invite people to join us in the fun. The creativity is endless.

• MusicLover
    MusicLover Member Posts: 777
    edited April 2015

It sounds great!  I looked for youtube videos but only found one with cucumbers and they basically only put a sail on them (I think), not nearly as creative.

• MombieZombie
    edited April 2015

We have fun times at the beach too.

imageimage

imageimage

• KiwiCatMom
    KiwiCatMom Member Posts: 2,337
    edited April 2015

Too funny MZ! Love it. Sending the Viking idea to my cousin. :) He's a Viking nut. Had a big tree come down in their yard during a storm and had it carved into a Viking. :)