Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited December 2015

Sas, you being baaaad to the bone!

Smaarty, love the trees.

• susan3
    susan3 Member Posts: 2,631
    edited December 2015

love that saying sas...thanks, needed to read that, and tattoo is on my forehead...lo

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited December 2015

Ditto what Kath said

• Unknown
    edited December 2015

"What's it like to go through cancer treatment? It's something like this:
    One day, you're minding your own business, you open the fridge to get some breakfast, and OH MY GOD THERE'S A MOUNTAIN LION IN YOUR FRIDGE.
    Wait, what? How? Why is there a mountain lion in your fridge? NO TIME TO EXPLAIN. RUN! THE MOUNTAIN LION WILL KILL YOU! UNLESS YOU FIND SOMETHING EVEN MORE FEROCIOUS TO KILL IT FIRST!
    So you take off running, and the mountain lion is right behind you. You know the only thing that can kill a mountain lion is a bear, and the only bear is on top of the mountain, so you better find that bear. You start running up the mountain in hopes of finding the bear. Your friends desperately want to help, but they are powerless against mountain lions, as mountain lions are godless killing machines. But they really want to help, so they're cheering you on and bringing you paper cups of water and orange slices as you run up the mountain and yelling at the mountain lion - "GET LOST, MOUNTAIN LION, NO ONE LIKES YOU" - and you really appreciate the support, but the mountain lion is still coming.
    Also, for some reason, there's someone in the crowd who's yelling "that's not really a mountain lion, it's a puma" and another person yelling "I read that mountain lions are allergic to kale, have you tried rubbing kale on it?"
    As you're running up the mountain, you see other people fleeing their own mountain lions. Some of the mountain lions seem comparatively wimpy - they're half grown and only have three legs or whatever, and you think to yourself - why couldn't I have gotten one of those mountain lions? But then you look over at the people who are fleeing mountain lions the size of a monster truck with huge prehistoric saber fangs, and you feel like an asshole for even thinking that - and besides, who in their right mind would want to fight a mountain lion, even a three-legged one?
    Finally, the person closest to you, whose job it is to take care of you - maybe a parent or sibling or best friend or, in my case, my husband - comes barging out of the woods and jumps on the mountain lion, whaling on it and screaming "GODDAMMIT MOUNTAIN LION, STOP TRYING TO EAT MY WIFE," and the mountain lion punches your husband right in the face. Now your husband (or whatever) is rolling around on the ground clutching his nose, and he's bought you some time, but you still need to get to the top of the mountain.
    Eventually you reach the top, finally, and the bear is there. Waiting. For both of you. You rush right up to the bear, and the bear rushes the mountain lion, but the bear has to go through you to get to the mountain lion, and in doing so, the bear TOTALLY KICKS YOUR ASS, but not before it also punches your husband in the face. And your husband is now staggering around with a black eye and bloody nose, and saying "can I get some help, I've been punched in the face by two apex predators and I think my nose is broken," and all you can say is "I'M KIND OF BUSY IN CASE YOU HADN'T NOTICED I'M FIGHTING A MOUNTAIN LION."
    Then, IF YOU ARE LUCKY, the bear leaps on the mountain lion and they are locked in epic battle until finally the two of them roll off a cliff edge together, and the mountain lion is dead.
    Maybe. You're not sure - it fell off the cliff, but mountain lions are crafty. It could come back at any moment.
    And all your friends come running up to you and say "that was amazing! You're so brave, we're so proud of you! You didn't die! That must be a huge relief!"
    Meanwhile, you blew out both your knees, you're having an asthma attack, you twisted your ankle, and also you have been mauled by a bear. And everyone says "boy, you must be excited to walk down the mountain!" And all you can think as you stagger to your feet is "f*ck this mountain, I never wanted to climb it in the first place."" -Caitlin Feeley
    LikeComment
    Seen by 46
    10 people like this.

• Smaarty
    Smaarty Member Posts: 2,618
    edited December 2015

not, ok to share on FB?

And wow

• spookiesmom
    spookiesmom Member Posts: 8,178
    edited December 2015

👏👏👏.

• feelingfeline
    feelingfeline Member Posts: 5,145
    edited December 2015

Great story! Terrible, but great! ThumbsUp

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited December 2015

notbuyingit, that is Brilliant! Oh, yeah, and we could add: everyone keeps telling us, "You really look so good."

Thank you so much for posting this.

I Love it!

Nerdy

• AZ85048
    AZ85048 Member Posts: 1,467
    edited December 2015

600 pages! Holy Cow!

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited December 2015

And of course your friends are painting crap like this that does nothing for you, because you're busy fighting a mountain lion

• Hernie
    Hernie Member Posts: 664
    edited December 2015

Howdy sassy. Happy

Seeing that fish with the beer cans, it was like being kicked in the gut. That's a northern pike, isn't it? Does that mean I'm a …?

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited December 2015

Susan, yes, that text is a kicker. A point in time for that text was when I took off my bio. It was initially for a protective reason. Our material from the OMG They Found A Cure For Stupid thread(first 100 pages) started to appear on fb. It was liberating to not keep seeing the chit. Then one day I realized I couldn't remember what stage I was. That was liberating. I thought about checking back with the MO or path report in my ring binder. Hmm let's not play with the memory loss. They're is enough garbage to fill a landfill. I'll find it if necessary, enjoying the break.

.........................Image result for ray barone quotes

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2015

Smarrty, Kath, and FF........yes, I was in a kick ass mood. If you've never seen Dunham and Foxworthy, they are worth a try. I love Walter, Peanut, and Achmed.

NBIIT, so good....Figuire out a title and I will put a link to it in the topic box. As pages pass someone can click on the link and go back to this page to read it :)

Our Jazzy posted a link on Insomniacs about Caly a young one who was dx'd with ovarian cancer. She sang Fight Song with Rachel Platten on Ellen's show I'll post the link and lyrics

Split bean Of course not, but you messed with my mind for a minute LOL. I thought OMD did I put that in the same box? I'm not even going back to look. I just couldn't have done that. You have no idea what that means to someone whose OCD for me to say I'm not going back to check. The impulse is building..............not giving in, not giving in, not giving in.................

YAY 600!

• kathindc
    edited December 2015

Sas, I seen Dunham and Foxworthy. Love there humor.

Notbuyingit, that was kickass!

I got to turn off my autocorrect. It gives a whole new meaning to what I want to say if I don't go back an reread what I wrote.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2015

Repost because it so special. Be prepared to cry. Then sing along :) I believe this will be our song. The energy is GREAT!

Dec 3, 2015 08:01PM Jazzygirl wrote:

I think we could all use something to life us up a bit, wouldn't you agree? I am not sure if any of you saw this today on the Ellen Show, but think you will find her voice amazing and her courage even more amazing. I personally think she has a wonderful voice and hope she has many wonderful singing years ahead.

Caly's Song

Rachel Platten's https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xo1VInw-SKc

Lyrics

Like a small boat
    On the ocean
    Sending big waves
    Into motion
    Like how a single word
    Can make a heart open
    I might only have one match
    But I can make an explosion

And all those things I didn't say
    Wrecking balls inside my brain
    I will scream them loud tonight
    Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
    Take back my life song
    Prove I'm alright song
    My power's turned on
    Starting right now I'll be strong
    I'll play my fight song
    And I don't really care if nobody else believes
    'Cause I've still got a lot of fight left in me

Losing friends and I'm chasing sleep
    Everybody's worried about me
    In too deep
    Say I'm in too deep (in too deep)
    And it's been two years
    I miss my home
    But there's a fire burning in my bones
    Still believe
    Yeah, I still believe

And all those things I didn't say
    Wrecking balls inside my brain
    I will scream them loud tonight
    Can you hear my voice this time?

This is my fight song
    Take back my life song
    Prove I'm alright song
    My power's turned on
    Starting right now I'll be strong
    I'll play my fight song

A lot of fight left in me

Like a small boat
    On the ocean
    Sending big waves
    Into motion
    Like how a single word
    Can make a heart open
    I might only have one match
    But I can make an explosion

This is my fight song (Hey!)
    Take back my life song (Hey!)
    Prove I'm alright song (Hey!)
    My power's turned on
    Starting right now I'll be strong (I'll be strong)
    I'll play my fight song

No I've still got a lot of fight left in me

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2015

Kath, I've often thought that we should plan a day where we didn't correct autocorrect and just see how funny it could be :)

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2015

Still not giving in, but it's getting harder...............................

• kathindc
    edited December 2015

You can do it Sas, you can do it. Oh hell, give in you know you want to! LOL

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited December 2015

Aw...autocorrect. Don't know how many times I had to go back to correct.

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2015

Nope not giving in, not giving in, not giving in.................................

• Loveroflife
    edited December 2015

Ahh, just go back the OCD will win

• Loveroflife
    edited December 2015

Could I help u?

• Loveroflife
    edited December 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited December 2015

• Loveroflife
    edited December 2015

Ok, I am done. Did it help??

• sas-schatzi
    edited December 2015

Yes, made me laugh and laugh............I was in a junk store today and they had a junk basket of jewelry.......it was all tangled........it was hard.........

• Loveroflife
    edited December 2015

Good!

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2015

• spookiesmom
    edited December 2015

• OncoWarrior
    OncoWarrior Member Posts: 3,326
    edited December 2015

I don't have OCD;

I have CDO.

The letters are in the correct order, as they should be.

Nerdy