Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

Warm & fuzzy owls, goats, kitties, dogs, birds ETC. PICS &LINKS

Comments

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited February 2018

Katiejane - is that a beagle? So sweet

• kathindc
    kathindc Member Posts: 1,667
    edited February 2018

Cutie! What’s its breed

• Katiejane777
    Katiejane777 Member Posts: 28
    edited February 2018

Lekker it is a beagle. We lost our other beagle, Tash, a few years ago to cancer and I haven’t been ready for a new dog until recently. We have been trying for about a year to get a puppy but none of the breeders near us had a puppy available. Nearly didn’t get her due to my cancer diagnosis but I’m so glad we are. My older two kids have left home leaving just our 18 year old. I need something to nurture and take my focus off BC.

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

kathindc she is a beagle. We have had one before so we know what we are in for lol. They are a disobedient, stubborn breed and the breeder said Matilda is a “live wire” so it will be full on hahaha. Our last girl was like that but made a wonderful family pet.

• kathindc
    edited February 2018

Katiejane, I thought she was a beagle. We had one years ago. Oh, what a handful! Was protective of his human siblings but did suffer from sibling rivalry as well, LOL. One time, I had my oldest at the pediatrician's and the doctor was going through the list of what do animals say. Well, when he got to the “What does a dog say?" my son naturally bayed. Doctor asked again and my son bayed again. Doctor looked at me and I told him we had a beagle. The doctor laughed and said in all his years of practiced my son was the first to mimic his dog. Oh the memories. Thanks for bringing them back. Keep us posted on Matilda escapades.

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

kathindc that is adorable. Our last beagle was our youngest daughters partner in crime. It was so cute. Ours was not protective at all she was more likely to hide behind us if threatened or lick the person to death. Lol.

• lekker
    lekker Member Posts: 238
    edited February 2018

The caption to the photo was “purrito”.

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

Awwww that is adorable!!! What a cute kitten. Lol at the caption!!!

• kathindc
    edited February 2018

Katiejane, ahh yes ours would be so excited when anyone came to our door that he wagged his tail real fast, never barked or bayed at anyone. They always asked if he bit. I told them no he doesn’t but he could whip you to death with his tail. I had to use the baby gate so ours could get away from the twins. They invariably would corner him behind the sofa. He would look back and forth at them trying to figure out which one to jump over. Once he got cleared he would run for the stairs to get away. Needless to say, they both went crawling to get him. Up the gate went.

Love pictures of purrito kitties.

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

Double trouble Kathindc lol I love it.

• m0mmyof3
    m0mmyof3 Member Posts: 9,693
    edited February 2018

imageimage

• sas-schatzi
    sas-schatzi Member Posts: 15,890
    edited February 2018

Katiejane , we took in a cute stray. A Benjy looking 15 incher. One day taking my son to school. The beagle baying sound came out. She saw the animals---sheep and small pigs kept on the school grounds. Shock. But later we found the owners. She was an intentional cross between a schnauzer and a beagle. Cute and trouble.

Have FUN with your new furbaby :)

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

• kathindc
    edited February 2018

Aww, so peaceful looking.

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

kathindc don’t be devieved she is also a holy terror lol.

• kathindc
    edited February 2018

I was going to say “wait for it, wait for it” but thought better of it since you’ve had a beagle before, LOL. Thanks to ours, I now know baby socks and baby washcloths do not travel through the digestive track. yup, came back up several days later with stomach acid. Luckily, those interesting spots were done where I could cover them. Sorry if that was TMI

• magdalene51
    magdalene51 Member Posts: 2,062
    edited February 2018

How grandchildren perceive their grandparents

1. I was in the bathroom, putting on my makeup, under the watchful eyes of my young granddaughter, as I'd done many times before. After I applied my lipstick and started to leave, the little one said, "But Grandma, you forgot to kiss the toilet paper good-bye!" I will probably never put lipstick on again without thinking about kissing the toilet paper good-bye....

2. My young grandson called the other day to wish me Happy Birthday. He asked me how old I was, and I told him, 72. My grandson was quiet for a moment, and then he asked, "Did you start at 1?"

3. After putting her grandchildren to bed, a grandmother changed into old slacks and a droopy blouse and proceeded to wash her hair. As she heard the children getting more and more rambunctious, her patience grew thin. Finally, she threw a towel around her head and stormed into their room, putting them back to bed with stern warnings. As she left the room, she heard the three-year-old say with a trembling voice, "Who was THAT?"

4. A grandmother was telling her little granddaughter what her own childhood was like. "We used to skate outside on a pond. I had a swing made from a tire; it hung from a tree in our front yard. We rode our pony. We picked wild raspberries in the woods." The little girl was wide-eyed, taking this all in. At last she said, "I sure wish I'd gotten to know you sooner!"

5. My grandson was visiting one day when he asked, "Grandma, do you know how you and God are alike?" I mentally polished my halo and I said, "No, how are we alike?'' "You're both old," he replied.

6. A little girl was diligently pounding away on her grandfather's word processor. She told him she was writing a story.
    "What's it about?" he asked.
    "I don't know," she replied. "I can't read."

7. I didn't know if my granddaughter had learned her colors yet, so I decided to test her. I would point out something and ask what color it was. She would tell me and was always correct. It was fun for me, so I continued. At last, she headed for the door, saying, "Grandma, I really think you should try to figure out some of these colors yourself!"

8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights."

9. When my grandson asked me how old I was, I teasingly replied, "I'm not sure." "Look in your underwear, Grandpa," he advised "Mine says I'm 4 to 6." (WOW! I really like this one -- it says I'm only '38'!)

10. A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother, "Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today." The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool. "That's interesting." she said. "How do you make babies?" "It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."

11. Children's Logic: "Give me a sentence about a public servant," said a teacher. The small boy wrote: "The fireman came down the ladder pregnant." The teacher took the lad aside to correct him. "Don't you know what pregnant means?" she asked. "Sure," said the young boy confidently. 'It means carrying a child."

12. A grandfather was delivering his grandchildren to their home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children started discussing the dog's duties.
    "They use him to keep crowds back," said one child.
    "No," said another. "He's just for good luck."
    A third child brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrants."

13. A 6-year-old was asked where his grandma lived. "Oh," he said, "she lives at the airport, and whenever we want her, we just go get her. Then, when we're done having her visit, we take her back to the airport."

14. Grandpa is the smartest man on earth! He teaches me good things, but I don't get to see him enough to get as smart as him!

15. My Grandparents are funny, when they bend over, you hear gas leaks and they blame their dog.

• kathindc
    edited February 2018

Mags, those are great! All but one was new to me. Glad to see you posting again.

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

kathindc our last beagle had a few obstructions needing vet intervention. We got pet insurance for this puppy. ;)

• Katiejane777
    edited February 2018

magdeline65 that was adorable :)

• wren44
    wren44 Member Posts: 7,920
    edited February 2018

Mags, Just love the mosquitoes with flashlights!

• junieb
    junieb Member Posts: 945
    edited February 2018

katijane77 - How precious is Matilda! Congrats to you!

Mags - That was hilarious!

• magdalene51
    edited March 2018

• wren44
    edited March 2018

That really made me laugh!

• Loveroflife
    Loveroflife Member Posts: 4,243
    edited March 2018

ThumbsUp

• kathindc
    edited March 2018

Love it Mags.

• Bluebird-DE
    Bluebird-DE Member Posts: 1,233
    edited March 2018

Mags - love this one "8. When my grandson Billy and I entered our vacation cabin, we kept the lights off until we were inside to keep from attracting pesky insects. Still, a few fireflies followed us in. Noticing them before I did, Billy whispered, "It's no use Grandpa. Now the mosquitoes are coming after us with flashlights.""

Katiejane - Matilda is precious. That'll keep you busy.

This is Jasper, neighbour's beagle. He used to come to our house when they left in the morning. He would sleep on the front porch, if it was cold he would sleep on the sofa inside. When they came home, he went home. Unfortunately we had some pet skunks. So when he came inside he always ran to where they were to say hello. And that is how Jasper learned skunks do not spray. It was too difficult to explain to him that the ones outside would spray. I was always waiting for the day he greeted one as enthusiastically as he greeted the domestic skunks. But it didn't happen, whew.

This is Pooh figuring out how to get off the sofa. Libby has no idea what is about to land on her.

• queenmomcat
    queenmomcat Member Posts: 2,020
    edited March 2018

Magdalene: (chokes, gasps, deep inhalation....whoops of laughter) Why yes: that is exactly how my hormones work....and even better, my husband found it almost as amusing as I. Which is why I'm keeping him.

• magdalene51
    edited March 2018

• wren44
    edited March 2018

Mags, Did you post a link to see your new house? If so, I missed it.