Fill Out Your Profile to share more about you. Learn more...

cmbear has earned her wings.

chrissyb
chrissyb Member Posts: 11,438
edited June 2014 in May Their Memory Live On

It is with great sadness that I announce the passing of Claire 'cmbear' on May 21st.  She passed from this world at her home, surrounded by her loving family.

Comments

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    edited May 2014

My heart is breaking on hearing the news from her husband that my dear sweet friend, Claire, has lost her battle. And it was a battle fought with so much strength and grace. My heart goes out to her family and friends and all who knew her because she will be incredibly missed. She truly made a difference in so many other's lives. I first "met" Claire on a thread here called "Great saying about depression" where we were all struggling a bit after being "done" with BC and treatment.  (If only we all had been truly done.)  She was always there with a kind word and encouragement whenever we were feeling down.  

Claire- We are always "in your pocket" and your Roos love you so very much.

• DiDel
    DiDel Member Posts: 733
    edited May 2014

for those of you who don't know Claire was diagnosed with spinal mets in October  by march things were getting worse and she wasn't responding to treatment. She would learn in April she had leptomenigeal metastases and we all knew her time here would not be much longer. We had hoped that things would turn around and that she would stay with us just a bit longer. Even though she was in pain and scared she still managed to continue our chats and send pics with her big beautiful smile. My heart breaks for her husband and boys and all those that were lucky enough to love her. We miss her dearly but are thankful she is no longer at pain. 

We love you Claire... until we meet again

Di

• Stanzie
    Stanzie Member Posts: 1,611
    edited May 2014

Chrissy, thank you so much for posting this.

Claire was someone I will always treasure knowing. She had such a kind, gentle,warmth that surrounded her where ever she went . She was genuine and she was strong. I had revisions surgery in November and even though she had just been diagnosed with spinal mets she drove 8 hours to come meet Debbie and me in person after having "talked" for three years on BC.org and FB along with Kate and Diane. She put others before herself and even though it was the first time we met in person, it was like we had known each other forever. I honestly cannot believe she is gone. She loved and was loved and adored by her sweet husband and wonderful sons. I can't imagine their pain and loss - I will miss her terribly but will always keep her in my heart. Love you sweet Claire! 

• exbrnxgrl
    exbrnxgrl Member Posts: 4,690
    edited May 2014

Too much tough news to bear in one day. Condolences to her family and may she rest in peace.

Caryn

• moderators
    moderators Posts: 7,815
    edited May 2014

Chrissy, thank you for letting everyone know. We're sad to have to say good-bye to another member of the community, and send sympathies to her friends and family.

• Kate33
    Kate33 Member Posts: 1,936
    edited May 2014

Stanzie- So wonderfully written. Thank you for putting into words what I've been feeling. She is so incredibly missed by so many.